This isn't going to be an "update"

@JuggernautGTX said in This isn't going to be an "update":

@Nevzat said in This isn't going to be an "update":

I'm not being salty at all, you are getting personal especially by browsing through my post history to prove some weird point. This topic is about genesis nothing else. Your tone is very aggressive and patronising, i'm not sure if anyone has said that to you before? If not, take note 🙂

i showed you sources that your original post is wrong - yet you came up with

Yeah and don't you know how Sega operate yet?

this here...thats when you lost it - so i wanna find a reason why youre upset with sega...you quit cause theres no ship 4 for you - ok udnerstandable but dont spread false infos even more when youre proved wrong with sources - show me your sources that the game is a whole new game and no update? you have none and there will never be thats the last fact

@Nevzat said in I'm out guys 🙂 Enjoy the game:

I will never touch a Sega product again in my lifetime. And I will make sure those close to me do not either.

enough said

@JuggernautGTX said in This isn't going to be an "update":

I'm not being salty at all, you are getting personal especially by browsing through my post history to prove some weird point. This topic is about genesis nothing else. Your tone is very aggressive and patronising, i'm not sure if anyone has said that to you before? If not, take note 🙂

i showed you sources that your original post is wrong - yet you came up with

Yeah and don't you know how Sega operate yet?

this here...thats when you lost it - so i wanna find a reason why youre upset with sega...you quit cause theres no ship 4 for you - ok udnerstandable but dont spread false infos even more when youre proved wrong with sources - show me your sources that the game is a whole new game and no update? you have none and there will never be thats the last fact

It is ESSENTIALLY going to be a new game. It is not "just an update" like you/many others believe. There will also be many new fresh servers come release and the ability to progress in a fresh economy without all the older antiquited content bogging the game down.

Your characters will become a collectors item only.

you are just pointing and saying that you know how Sega operates but the truth is only Sega knows how the company operates, Microsoft will not enter in the deal even more knowing that the new version was being worked on if they will just dump all the rest of what was made of the game just to see this new version just kill the game and made then lose money.

so before you start pointing out what it will be can you just wait and see what the companies will reveal of the game and not just go with your own presumptions.

@Nevzat

@Nevzat said in I'm out guys 🙂 Enjoy the game:

I will never touch a Sega product again in my lifetime. And I will make sure those close to me do not either.

messed up with my comments - this shows exactly what yure going to try here

This trailer release is a tilt head sort of situation. I just need more info before anything else.

Sorry what is the point of this topic? Unless your dad is John Sega you have the same information as everyone else OP. Stop stating your opinion as fact and stop calling other people dumb because they don't agree.

I kinda feel like if it says there's an update coming some day, then there is an update coming some day.

I love when people can't read. I also love when they think their one (1), count 'em one, personal choice to not buy a company's product matters in any way. To anyone, let alone the company lmao.

Can't help but wonder if collab items will either be nuked or updated as well, cause I'm fairly certain licence agreements won't allow anything to be changed. Either way, I dread the impending waste of money.

The only thing ppl care about transferring are cosmetics, but there is no way they've updated all the JP cosmetics. That's waaaay too many assets.

On the flip side, Sega must realize ppl losing 8y worth of fashion could straight up kill their game day one, so it's equally believable they have updated everything, in which case holy hell. Those madlads.

Time will tell how they went about it.

This was announced for JP as well (Obviously) and I do believe that it will be counted as an expansion. Meaning that character progression and gear will be carried over to New Genesis.

However, with that said, I still wouldn't trust the NA team to handle a project of this caliber. Look how much hey screwed up, censored changed and watered down the NA release of PSO2, I imagine they will go full ham on the expansion as well and tear the entire project apart as best they can.

On the topic of crossover content, aside from the updated graphics I don't think much of it will change, old content will must likely be a graphical update at most. PA's and Techs might get updated, new ones will certainly come out, perhaps some classes will get updated as well to be inline with any possible new classes that could come out with the expansion such as new skills in the skill tree. Overall I feel old content will be updated graphically to be put in line with the new content coming out with NG so theirs no reason to fear about its removal, new content is what should be focused on though. Looking forward to hearing more on the expansion.

There have been other games that have had graphics, world, gameplay overhauls build upon their old model. It HAS happened and other MMOs are doing it ... it is NOT a stretch that PSO2 can do it too. Just calm down and wait for more news.

I dunno man, not even WoW improved their old armor designs when they overhauled all character models back in WoD. If old accessories and whatnot do carry over, I'd find it hard to believe they'd be upscaled. Update looks interesting, btw.

@MisterJaySnek said in This isn't going to be an "update":

I dunno man, not even WoW improved their old armor designs when they overhauled all character models back in WoD. If old accessories and whatnot do carry over, I'd find it hard to believe they'd be upscaled. Update looks interesting, btw.

Oof yeah. Old WoW gear looks painfully bad, and that game didn't even change engines. FFXIV's 1.0 gear is merely ok, but their designs were so lacking in detail compared to everything after that it's hardly noticeable.

I would like to point out that if you pay attention to the combat segments, you will notice that a lot of the animations for the "flashy new combat" are animations of the newer classes such as Etoile and that some of the hunter sword PA and animations seem to be frame by frame the very same ones that can be seen in PSO2, so the idea of this being an engine update has merit.

Of course, we will not know 100% until the devtalk in August 7, but it also goes in line with what they said when they revealed there would be no EP7 but that PS02 would instead receive large updates.