This isn't going to be an "update"

I think it is quite obviously going to be a fresh reboot with some transferable content. They wouldn't announce a niche "graphical" update to an already launched 8 year old game (thats had a horrible NA reception overall) on an XBOX live event guys.

There will likely be some character/mtx progression but not too much, else it will just alienate new players and re-doing all old content is not going to happen.

If they were going to re-design all the older content, then trust me they would have just waited until 2021 when genesis is out before releasing the game to NA so that it got the best reception, but they didn't do that. This indicates that the old content is going to be left as is and very separated from the new content, and also very obsolete (if it's even accessible at all).

As per Sega norms, they are keeping shut about it for now because they know people won't want to spend money if they think its all going to be meaningless in the long run.

Catch up at launch is going to be way too offputting with all the released content, so it would be just wasted to have this big an update just for a handful of hardcore fans.

@Nevzat

ade8ef78-c95c-4de8-b644-bf13abedf3ac-image.png

"dont you guys have glasses?"

@JuggernautGTX said in This isn't going to be an "update":

@Nevzat

ade8ef78-c95c-4de8-b644-bf13abedf3ac-image.png

"dont you guys have glasses?"

Yeah and don't you know how Sega operate yet?

@Nevzat 2a5d7f64-8d1d-4e2a-8050-5501ce8f0246-image.png

So you think they are putting a huge segment on the most anticipated XBOX live event for 5+ years (1 of 10 games shown) for an update for a very niche, buggy and old game that's been out for 8 years and has been met with poor reception due to it being largely unplayable for many people?

I think you are the one with the tin foil hat tbh.

If this big update was coming, why wouldn't they release it to NA when genesis went live with "all these amazing new upgrades"? If it is merely an expansion, player numbers will be MUCH lower come release than what they are now, and then who will their target audience be? A few thousand players that didn't get bored and quit just before launch? The trailer was shown to get NEW players hyped for the game, no one is going to see that trailer and then decide they want to play this version of PSO2, the trailer indicated it was a new PSO2, and it will bring in players at launch but the content will be catered for L1 progress 100%

If they tell us this early theres a #3 coming they know no one will play the current version, so they need to keep people engaged before the big reveal is that it is a new game in its entirety.

@Nevzat said in This isn't going to be an "update":

If this big update was coming, why wouldn't they release it to NA when genesis went live with "all these amazing new upgrades"? If it is merely an expansion, player numbers will be MUCH lower come release than what they are now, and then who will their target audience be? A few thousand players that didn't get bored and quit just before launch?

you just made an argue against your own topic - yes its an update and yes they release it to NA so we can catch up to the JP content cause SEGA wants it to be released on both NA and jp at the same time

@JuggernautGTX

Then the XBOX live definitely was not the right place to show that trailer. It should have been kept for twitter/these forums.

You can't deny it came across like a new game completely and got people hyped as if it was

@JuggernautGTX You can't deny it came across like a new game completely and got people hyped as if it was

people realised its a new "upgrade" for our pso2 version and are already hyped...check the official youtube trailer for NA

@JuggernautGTX You can't deny it came across like a new game completely and got people hyped as if it was

people realised its a new "upgrade" for our pso2 version and are already hyped...check the official youtube trailer for NA

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8iR5IKhomK4

uploaded by....Phantasy Star Online 2 North America

oh ya why uploading a new game on the PS2 NA channel right...makes no sense must be an update as various gaming sites already published

@JuggernautGTX

Yeah the small playerbase who are currently playing, of course they are hyped.. I don't play the game and i'm hyped because the graphics look amazing in comparison, BUT i highly doubt it will be "end game content" only. I think it will in essence play as an entirely new game. And it looked it from the trailer.

Doing a graphical update on 8 years of content and Microtransactions is unrealistic to the point of being highly unlikely, especially with a release date of less than a year. It is built from the ground up, and will cater to L1 players for sure, no one is going to be hyped playing when it launches knowing they have to drag themselves through 100 hours of old and dated content

Doing a graphical update on 8 years of content and Microtransactions is unrealistic to the point of being highly unlikely, especially with a release date of less than a year.

it happens and everyone is hyped that it happens...move on

Doing a graphical update on 8 years of content and Microtransactions is unrealistic to the point of being highly unlikely, especially with a release date of less than a year.

it happens and everyone is hyped that it happens...move on

I think you are going to be dissapointed 🙂 I'll remember your name so I can remind you once "the announcement" comes

@Nevzat said in I'm out guys 🙂 Enjoy the game:

Was waiting patiently as the GMS said to... but two weeks passed now, maintenance now over, and no sign of a new server.

You could have told us sooner, rather than making us waste our time hanging around on this forum rather than playing. As a consequence, i refuse to support such a company.

This is a goodbye post to all the SHIP 4'ers that were in the other thread. I hope you enjoy the game, but I certainly do not agree with supporting a company that treat the player base like crap. A thread with over 1000 comments should have had an official statement provided, instead it got nuked and deleted with all communication to go with it. That is not a company I want to support.

I'm out - good luck all. Sega - You lost one customer, that was very prepared to spend money on your game, and the reason for that is poor customer support, poor communication, poor transparency with everything you do, and everything you have done.

I will never touch a Sega product again in my lifetime. And I will make sure those close to me do not either. Rarely do I ever feel the need to show how dissatisfied I am as a customer, for games, products etc but this has been a whole different experience and it's left a very bitter taste in my mouth.

i get it youre being salty...please now move on

@Nevzat said in I'm out guys 🙂 Enjoy the game:

Was waiting patiently as the GMS said to... but two weeks passed now, maintenance now over, and no sign of a new server.

You could have told us sooner, rather than making us waste our time hanging around on this forum rather than playing. As a consequence, i refuse to support such a company.

This is a goodbye post to all the SHIP 4'ers that were in the other thread. I hope you enjoy the game, but I certainly do not agree with supporting a company that treat the player base like crap. A thread with over 1000 comments should have had an official statement provided, instead it got nuked and deleted with all communication to go with it. That is not a company I want to support.

I'm out - good luck all. Sega - You lost one customer, that was very prepared to spend money on your game, and the reason for that is poor customer support, poor communication, poor transparency with everything you do, and everything you have done.

I will never touch a Sega product again in my lifetime. And I will make sure those close to me do not either. Rarely do I ever feel the need to show how dissatisfied I am as a customer, for games, products etc but this has been a whole different experience and it's left a very bitter taste in my mouth.

i get it youre being salty...please now move on

I'm not being salty at all, you are getting personal especially by browsing through my post history to prove some weird point. This topic is about genesis nothing else. Your tone is very aggressive and patronising, i'm not sure if anyone has said that to you before? If not, take note 🙂

And PS, look at the sources available online, many aspects will be reborn, redesigned, from the ground up. This is going to be targeted as an opportunity to bring back old players, and new ones. Not to cater for the thousand boomers still playing :). To think that is the case when it was shown on the most anticipated XBOX live event is just silly.

I'm not being salty at all, you are getting personal especially by browsing through my post history to prove some weird point. This topic is about genesis nothing else. Your tone is very aggressive and patronising, i'm not sure if anyone has said that to you before? If not, take note 🙂

i showed you sources that your original post is wrong - yet you came up with

Yeah and don't you know how Sega operate yet?

this here...thats when you lost it - so i wanna find a reason why youre upset with sega...you quit cause theres no ship 4 for you - ok udnerstandable but dont spread false infos even more when youre proved wrong with sources - show me your sources that the game is a whole new game and no update? you have none and there will never be thats the last fact