Ps4 release soon? plz

I've been waiting over 7 years since the JPN ps4 release =[

Sega is literally losing money not porting to NA.

Ask Sony, because it seems Microsoft made the iniative here and not Sega.

@Ranmaru I mean Phil Spencer said they planned to "release it on all platforms" but how they plan to get it on the Switch with USA's fiber optic network is decades behind Japan's is anyone's guess.

MS has some kind of deal for the exclusive console release in the NA thats what they say in the trailers.

There is talk from a few twats on twitter that other counsel releases are coming in August.

PS4 in Japan. Xbox in NA. Seems that is the way it will continue, even in the future for this game.

@Mattwo7 said in Ps4 release soon? plz:

@Ranmaru I mean Phil Spencer said they planned to "release it on all platforms" but how they plan to get it on the Switch with USA's fiber optic network is decades behind Japan's is anyone's guess.

As someone whose field of study is very relevant to this topic, this statement hurts my soul on account of how true it is. Yeah, I really do wonder how they plan on getting it on the switch with the US' current infrastructure.

In all honesty, I don't see it being very likely that we'll see PSO2 on other consoles in the west considering how integrated with xbox live PSO2NA is.

@Archetype-Luna said in Ps4 release soon? plz:

In all honesty, I don't see it being very likely that we'll see PSO2 on other consoles in the west considering how integrated with xbox live PSO2NA is.

Minecraft?

@Mattwo7 mmm not sure if Minecraft is a good example, there's different versions and Bedrock Edition sounds like it sucks! Team Java all the way

@Mattwo7 Minecraft doesn't use a friend system right? Also, I don't remember minecraft allowing for cross platform. The built in friend/blacklist system has been completely replaced with xbox live's in PSO2NA. If they wanted to bring it to other consoles, wouldn't it be better to keep it intact?

@HarmlessSyan said in Ps4 release soon? plz:

@Mattwo7 mmm not sure if Minecraft is a good example, there's different versions and Bedrock Edition sounds like it sucks! Team Java all the way

My point is that after M$ got the rights and made the Windows 10/XBL version (which appears to be the Bedrock Edition?), they ported it to PS4 and Switch.

@Archetype-Luna https://www.pcgamer.com/minecraft-bedrock-edition-has-full-crossplay-support-now-that-ps4-has-opted-in/

As for the friends list, I'm not sure about that. PC version uses Windows Store so it's not a good metric for judging how they will handle other console releases to begin with. It's just the same client as the XBL version isn't it?

@Mattwo7 The friend list in PSO2 is completely replaced by xbox lives. Like PSO2 is a very different animal compared to minecraft in how much it has been integrated with xbox live. Like it would seem strange to completely replace the friend list if they planned on porting it to other consoles. The blacklist system isn't even working properly due to this I believe. It isn't a simple matter of porting to other consoles, they would have to remove some of the integrations and restore them to the original versions while porting over any data from the integrated version over.

@Archetype-Luna Well all we can even do at this point is speculate. They either will or they won't.

I have the feeling they will bring the regular PSO2 once New Genesis comes out for XBOX/PC, so that Microsoft still has the exciting new thing and advantage over Sony.

Assuming they will still keep their word to bring it to other platforms later.