NEW GENESIS

Everything should carry over like your Game Progress, Items, Cosmetics etc. Over on the JP side which I play on. They said the material Items might not carry over. But thats what been said over on the JP side. Still that's something to be seen.

@PhantasyStar719 said in NEW GENESIS:

@Anarchy-Marine said in NEW GENESIS:

Look at this the same way the Warframe developers, updated and overhauled it's UI, graphical capability, and gameplay mechanics. Nothing in theory should be lost from this overhaul, if done right. If they have new, and better versions of all the same gear and cosmetics, those will automatically be yours.

Though in all seriousness; the cosmetics need to be lost in my opinion to give the personal stores some reprieve from the inflation that is going on. I mean I wouldnt mind starting over on my PQ as well if it meant sacrificing for the greater good.

They would definitely need to compensate the players with those lost cosmetics in a very meaningful way then, otherwise the backlash would be huge. Some people may have spent hundreds of dollars getting some of their cosmetics. Getting rid of cosmetics would likely cause far more issues than they would save. If anything, people would likely mass charge back and it would be a PR nightmare that the game would not likely recover from.

Furthermore, I doubt removing the cosmetics would solve the inflation issue. Cosmetics don't bring meseta into the economy in anyway; inflation occurs when there more money is brought into the economy to the point where the value of said money drops to overabundance, causing the price on nearly everything to rise. Cosmetics are just something that is often traded on the shops. Another possibility on the high prices is just that the cosmetics are getting more and more scarce because less people are buying scratches. Finally, it is possible that someone or some people obtained enough meseta from gouging on the price of pre-PC items and is using that to control the market. All of these possibilities revolve around the abundance of meseta, and the supply vs demand of the cosmetics. Removing the cosmetics would just kill the supply, leave a bunch of angry players, and all of the meseta still intact.

Don't call it "the latest entry in the series" to make it sound like a new game and then call it an update in the same paragraph

which is it???

4f61f067-8197-4c5f-9eeb-e415d0aca3f2-image.png

@Lorient said in NEW GENESIS:

The fact that they announced it without saying what it was is a pretty poor move imo. Now all PSO2 players are going to be apprehensive about spending any more money on the game since its looking like it could get replaced next year.

yeah, my exact thoughts. They've said we keep our characters, but they haven't gone into detail too much about it, so who knows what'll happen to the cosmetics if it's a complete graphical overhaul like this.

Also, I really hate what the main char's face looks like. I hope it's just a bad face and not indicative of a shift to even younger-looking anime faces, and that we're still able to have more "normal" looking faces like you can have in PSO2.

@Archetype-Luna said in NEW GENESIS:

@Anarchy-Marine said in NEW GENESIS:

Look at this the same way the Warframe developers, updated and overhauled it's UI, graphical capability, and gameplay mechanics. Nothing in theory should be lost from this overhaul, if done right. If they have new, and better versions of all the same gear and cosmetics, those will automatically be yours.

Though in all seriousness; the cosmetics need to be lost in my opinion to give the personal stores some reprieve from the inflation that is going on. I mean I wouldnt mind starting over on my PQ as well if it meant sacrificing for the greater good.

They would definitely need to compensate the players with those lost cosmetics in a very meaningful way then, otherwise the backlash would be huge. Some people may have spent hundreds of dollars getting some of their cosmetics. Getting rid of cosmetics would likely cause far more issues than they would save. If anything, people would likely mass charge back and it would be a PR nightmare that the game would not likely recover from.

Oh i completely understand the view point on that @Anarchy-Marine I am just looking forward to people to stop calling this game Phashion Star Online and actually give the game its dues when it comes to bringing us back to our roots with how PSO1 was back in the day and give us more resources than that of blue burst. This new expansion will add more depth than PSU and still allow us to enjoy the game for what it was. A team based sci-fi mmorpg with "Phashion" being on the back burner. Sure we dressed up here and there but i'll be honest. I rather spend my existence in this game doing actual missions and exploring a world full of mystery and excitement. Social features were always apart of the series and that made "Online" very popular even before we were introduced to Myspace chat and other programs like Teamspeak, Mumble, (I forget the all in one web program that added it all ) i mean ... PSO was the original Online Party game that paved the way to many modern MMOS..

I want this legacy to continue with the emphasis as much as people love their cosmetics, being in the lobby and dancing in a provocative manner is hardly worth the thousands of hours put into making this community. Its why i am glad i am seeing such developments because honestly "Player Based" markets are good and drives the community to set goals for its economy; but it being so also means it is "OUR" responsibility that we keep the brand a saga that we can bring our children into and show them what modern times has done to classics to give them the "sense of adventure" that we felt.

I have nothing but the best intentions to help this community wade the storm so that we can come out on the other side with this expansion with the understanding that all of us play a true part in how this will go.

@PhantasyStar719 Part of me feels like no one will ever stop calling it Phasion Star Online. The whole Fashion X meme probably won't die anytime soon. It's why we have things like Fashion Frame, Fashion Souls, and so on. Also, PSO2 is rated 17+ in Japan; I am actually unsure how it got its T rating from the ESRB, especially when I look at that Xion outfit. I really feel like that needs to be corrected, PSO2 should just be M rated just to so we won't ever have to worry about compromising on anything in the future.

@Archetype-Luna I certainly share the sentiment in regards to your comment; I just wish though that people focused more on community then how they "look" its only teaching people that you have to look "pretty" to be noticed or other superficial things in which for some players tend to knock them further down the totem pole. PSO was never like that till around PSU about what 2 years in?

If they rated it M i would glady accept the themes that they put out... especially with the JP themes that might be migrated with this new expansion but all i can say about this... Is New genesis sounds like to us a "new start" i really would hate to see it ruined by the way the cosmetics are set now.

@Akonyl said in NEW GENESIS:

Also, I really hate what the main char's face looks like. I hope it's just a bad face and not indicative of a shift to even younger-looking anime faces, and that we're still able to have more "normal" looking faces like you can have in PSO2.

pso2.png

Yeah, it's a tad, uncanny.

There is another game, that was/is like phantasy star that was about Ninjas, at war, using something called frames ... I dunno ... point being they added new elements like an open-world area, space battles, and more while keeping the core game and progress somewhat the same. In theory, SEGA could do that here as well. Only time will tell. I dumped a ton of money into this so far, but I won't be salty if they cut and run. The fact they are still calling the game PSO2 and not 3, tells me that it may just be a overhaul/expansion and not a totally new game. Other MMOs are doing this as well, upgrading their engines and the like to compete with newer games. So ... again, I'm not too worried.

As for all your old costumes, honestly, they could just leave them alone, call it "legacy items" and start making higher rez items to push the new hotness while letting the vets keep their old stuff. I wouldn't mind honestly. I really don't expect them to high rez every item released . That would be a massive undertaking.

Yes, I freaking called it! Wasn't expecting them to update the UI though... Hope I don't need a better computer...

we are given this Reborn edition of PSO2

Episode 4 was called "reborn". Mostly because of them changing how the story mode works. It's dumb, I know.

@Tsheej said in NEW GENESIS:

Everything should carry over like your Game Progress, Items, Cosmetics etc. Over on the JP side which I play on. They said the material Items might not carry over. But thats what been said over on the JP side. Still that's something to be seen.

For the crafting system? Or for gathering and weapon and unit upgrading too? ._.

@Gay-Werewolf said in NEW GENESIS:

Don't call it "the latest entry in the series" to make it sound like a new game and then call it an update in the same paragraph which is it???

A free expansion. Like if AOTI was free.

@Kofi9867 said in NEW GENESIS:

pso2.png

Well that is Ash according to party list, and Rupica (Newman Force), Sue (Newman Hunter), Gilliam (Cast Ranger) - reoccurring chars of PSO2 in openings and new content videos

@Kofi9867 said in NEW GENESIS:

pso2.png

Yeah that thing is the stuff of nightmares, I wish the facial model look something closer to guy in the opening.

Opera Snapshot_2020-07-23_171743_www.youtube.com.png

Considering how many people use this creepy face, maybe the new engine faces will be an overall improvement in game. pso20200723_173426_002.jpg

@PhantasyStar719 No, the cosmetics don't need to be lost, you folks that need the cosmetics need to stop buying them past a certain price value. You control a capitalist market with your wallet, by not spending money on people that intend to inflate market value. Same goes with weapons. Or anything in the market. Low demand, high supply, even someone with a mule account would get screwd over by a filled inventory.