NEW GENESIS

I am truly beyond words for this trailer; Just as we as a community were chewing our foot off to run away; we are given this Reborn edition of PSO2. I guess Sega truly wants the NA community to stick around this time. I cant wait to see further developments. Reinstalling the game as we speak and going to stick this out to the end. Perhaps with New Genesis we actually will get better mini game content and better furniture for our Rooms. Phasion Star Online may truly become a thing of the past if this expansion gives us more than just lobbying all day and dressing up. I am truly hopeful that we will now finally have our Blue Burst/PSO nostalgia back with revamped everything. No more putting classes aside and no more trying to reach "meta" .... Let us take a moment and just pray that our voices are finally heard.

@Lorient said in NEW GENESIS:

pso2discord.png

Posted on the PSO2 Discord.

Important to understand that Character does not = cosmetics. Characters transfer could be as simple as the name/race/looks, it could also be the class levels/skills/equipment, it could be all those things and still not include a single unlocked cosmetic item and still be your character.

Companies are very deliberate on their wording always press X to doubt until you have it in plain english what you are actually asking.

Level 200 let's gooooooo

And the desert we deserve 75c35606-2b1a-4daa-82a7-3959014ad63c-image.png

@Arjiuna I need to get to playing this again sometime guess i got some projects lined up while we wait LOL

Well I am not worried about cosmetics. I am willing to roll with whatever change they make, we must be ready to adapt.

@STARSChris no clue if you actually believe this or if you are simply trolling at this point

307044a8-f55f-48d1-9fbd-9a69a4b94682-image.png

its an update - japan is celebrating said update with events soon - you think they make us catch up to japan just to take everything away from us and make us start over ? holy damn please

Looks neat. I hope it plays as good if not better than what we have now!

@JuggernautGTX I agree, it looks like an update (and I don't think they're going to take away peoples cosmetics that people spent money on) but Sega really should have been more clear about things. The trailer came out, the official Twitter posted saying "A new entry in the PSO2 series has just been announced!" So I can see why people are being skeptical about this. They've been very very vague about things and have used awkward wording so far.

Sega of Japan said "Instead of a new episode, we'll have a Gigantic New Update"

Stll the same game. PSO2 is getting an overhaul/makeover with a new game engine.

Your progress and items will be transferred over to the new system. So don't worry about losing your items that you've have collected.

Again, this is just a Gigantic New Update for the same game. its not a separate game.

More info about the Gigantic New Update of the game is on August 7th.

I am more than willing to sacrifice cosmetics for a more pleasing graphical and engine overhaul if it means longevity for the game.

@JuggernautGTX said in NEW GENESIS:

@Archetype-Luna said in NEW GENESIS:

My question is how long has new genesis been in the works. 2021 release feels a bit ambitious unless they have been working on it for quite a while now.

probably the same time as they advertised pso2 for western release - just my guess (the very first time) must have been in developement for years - as this does in fact look like a whole new game

They advertised PSO2 for western release only last year which I feel would not be enough time, unless you are talking about the very first announcement which ended up not coming to fruition due to issues with securing the budget (which led to it not being able to be released until now).

@Ranmaru said in NEW GENESIS:

Well I am not worried about cosmetics. I am willing to roll with whatever change they make, we must be ready to adapt.

To be fair, considering the amount of money cosmetics cost, people may be apprehensive about spending anymore which may cause issues for the game since cosmetics likely provide a large part of the game's profit. For them to not transfer cosmetic items would be a rather risky move as it means cosmetics that come out between no and then may not sell as well and cost Sega a large amount of profit, of which they are likely using to fund New Genesis. So we really should be worried about cosmetics as it can be a matter of funding for Sega; it shouldn't be a matter that we should be ready to adapt to, assuming cosmetics do not transfer, as that would basically mean stop purchasing cosmetics that won't transfer over. Not to mention, continuing to sell cosmetics in that kind of situation would be seen as incredibly scummy, especially in NA with the monetization issues that we currently have.

That being said, the question of whether or not they will transfer depends on exactly how much work needs to be done to update them to the new engine. Unless the 3D models used for these things need additional polygons, then the 3D models can be moved to the new engine as is. This can be further eased if the new engine is essentially built off from the old engine, essentially an updated version of the old engine. Most likely, the only thing they would need to update is likely the textures if at all. There are ways to make the graphics of a game look nicer without actually modifying the assets; lighting and shaders, for example, can play a huge role in how something looks, things that can be done on the engine side.

@Tsheej said in NEW GENESIS:

Sega of Japan said "Instead of a new episode, we'll have a Gigantic New Update"

Stll the same game. PSO2 is getting an overhaul/makeover with a new game engine.

Your progress and items will be transferred over to the new system. So don't worry about losing your items that you've have collected.

Again, this is just a Gigantic New Update for the same game. its not a separate game.

More info about the Gigantic New Update of the game is on August 7th.

I read that as well; just in time for the Ep4 release.. Everyone keep your fingers crossed please...

Look at this the same way the Warframe developers, updated and overhauled it's UI, graphical capability, and gameplay mechanics. Nothing in theory should be lost from this overhaul, if done right. If they have new, and better versions of all the same gear and cosmetics, those will automatically be yours.

@Anarchy-Marine said in NEW GENESIS:

Look at this the same way the Warframe developers, updated and overhauled it's UI, graphical capability, and gameplay mechanics. Nothing in theory should be lost from this overhaul, if done right. If they have new, and better versions of all the same gear and cosmetics, those will automatically be yours.

Though in all seriousness; the cosmetics need to be lost in my opinion to give the personal stores some reprieve from the inflation that is going on. I mean I wouldnt mind starting over on my PQ as well if it meant sacrificing for the greater good.