NEW GENESIS

@Lorelei-Moira said in NEW GENESIS:

@RainGnyu And this is why you're exactly the person video game companies like.

I don't see the purpose in you posting that. There is nothing wrong with him enjoying the game. Please don't shame those that disagree with you.

I truly think this thread has truly ran off its tracks of its original purpose. Let us not lose sight on the real discussion as its one of the few and far threads that actually share decent discussions on the issues.

@PhantasyStar719

Let's get it back on the rails then.. Is there any speculation on what the level cap might be this time around based on the trailers so far? I haven't stopped to pause them and zoom in on anything.

continued

Towards the end of the one trailer I see level 70s, and earlier some level 20's I think.

@RainGnyu said in NEW GENESIS:

Now that I understand what is going on......I like it.

Now we won’t get those who played JP telling us everything that going to happen and ruining everything about the adventure of discovery. They complaining and mad because they don’t know what’s going on.

I Love It!

Pretty sure that is definitely not the case. People are worried about what is being kept over to NGS, over the vagueness of the wording of what is being transferred over and if that includes certain items like Outfits and Outerwear. It's nothing about being able to ruin the adventure of discovery. Honestly, I find that insinuation to be very rude and insulting. Also, probably a safe bet that some of the people complaining have not played JP. I've talked to some people in game about NGS and they were worried about if certain categories of cosmetics would transfer over or not.

@Redex said in NEW GENESIS:

@PhantasyStar719

Let's get it back on the rails then.. Is there any speculation on what the level cap might be this time around based on the trailers so far? I haven't stopped to pause them and zoom in on anything.

continued

Towards the end of the one trailer I see level 70s, and earlier some level 20's I think.

Honestly, it is probably too soon to say. They could still be playing around with that, seeing what an appropriate initial level cap is. 20 was the cap for a number of PSO2's betas, so they may have just been testing around that area.

Man it is truly a weird time when both myself and one of the narcissists I blocked (not naming names) are on the same side. That is, we're both optimistic for what's to come. Though I'm more cautiously optimistic.

@ForensicMocha8 said in NEW GENESIS:

And after making them wait in "no damage numbers purgatory" for two minutes just to get the error message?

I think that's more an issue of the fact that the graphics are client-side.

@Leonkh99 said in NEW GENESIS:

No matter what SEGA does no one is gonna be satisfied. Too early to announce for the West? Then I guess we should just wait it out for five to eight years while JP ges New Genesis early!

Why would anyone even say that? New Genesis is coming out literally around when US reaches parity meaning there would be literally NO major updates to PSO2 Classic.

PSO2 isn't going anywhere...

At least not yet anyway... Like I said, that's probably not going to last. It'll last for a good few years at least though.

@Leonkh99 said in NEW GENESIS:

its just a pure coincidence that this is happening right around now...

Pretty sure they said that they spesfically made NGS because the game was old on western release. When you think about it makes sense too, NGS is exactly why the western release is in such a rush to reach parity. I hadn't even considered how odd it was that they were rushing out all the content like this at such a brisk pace when they could have taken at least a little bit more time with it, like another couple of months or so.

All in all I saw this before launch and hoped that this would happen and they delivered. I just couldn't wrap my brain around why anyone would want to spend money on an 10 year old game until well I actually picked it up. Then the content was rushed I had a feeling this was a big marketing move last chance for Sega to rack in it's final cash flow of this game before creating the new one. WAS I RIGHT! LOL! I am fine with results fine with losing everything honestly just not cosmetics...

@Redex said in NEW GENESIS:

@PhantasyStar719

continued

The only part that showed lvl 70s was from the original PSO2. All the NGS footage has lvl 20 characters.

About the level cap, it could be anything really. The original JP PSO2 had lvl 20 caps in the alphas and closed beta (progress was wiped after teach phase). The first real lvl cap on JP PSO2 was lvl 30 in the open beta, progress was carried over from the open beta into the full release, which increased the lvl cap to 40.

Personally I'm expecting NGS to not be much different, starting with a low-ish level cap like JP PSO2.

@Ezodagrom I hope the level cap doesn't start low honestly... I think that would be a real bummer..

@TsunamiAura content is being rushed to get us on parity with JP... any slower and people would yell out "its PSU all over again!" and NA would end up missing out on things like having NGS and the graphic update releasing at the same tine as JP. This is a game which people have demanded to have an official release in the West and which Microsoft foot the bill.

Given how dependent on cross connectivity with PSO2 this game is implied to have, we most likely wouldnt be getting NGS at all if it didnt release in the West first... and say it did, and all cosmetics are transferable like the text implies, you would have one half of the fanbase complaining about having a full on fresh start when JP gets to keep their cosmetic, weapons and mag...

...so I kinda miss how having a highly demanded game finally release in the West in official capacity counts as a cashgrab when both games will continue being supported... or would we prefer another Portable 2 Infinity on our hands?

@Leonkh99 I personally don't care if we are behind Japan in the game. That doesn't bother me at all. " you would have one half of the fanbase complaining about having a full on fresh start when JP gets to keep their cosmetic, weapons and mag..." what do you mean by this? I thought we get to keep our cosmetics, weapons and mags? Did I miss read something?

@TsunamiAura Apologies for being unclear. Basically... there's a crowd of people who believe that PSO2 should never have been released in the West at all and that we should have just skipped to PSO2NGS... which would have pissed off Western fans who don't get to keep their cosmetics cause their Western version didn't come out in the proposed scenario. Given your comment, I misunderstood your statement to be referring to that... that since PSO2 is a 8 year old game and feels like a cash grab, it shouldn't have gotten released at all if it was just gonna be replaced with NGS.

@TsunamiAura About the level cap, I think a low level cap is very likely, and the cap will slowly increase over time as new content and new difficulty modes come out.

Starting with a high level cap from the beginning means that they would need to have content ready for the higher levels, but since NGS is a new game, I really don't think it'll have enough content for a high level cap to make sense (they're not even gonna have all current PSO2 weapon types equipable at launch, there's a note that says that some weapon types will only be equipable later on as more classes get released).

To be honest, the actual level cap is not as important as factors such as the amount of xp or time that it takes to get there. You can have a low level cap but still have the game feel like hitting the cap to be an achievement if you are spending enough time leveling. That being said, taking too much time at earlier levels can make things feel like a drag. At the same time, levels in PSO have never really mattered as much as your equipment.