NEW GENESIS

So Mags are useless in the new game? Why?

@Ki-Rin said in NEW GENESIS:

I guess from a f2p perspective, only having one mag per character can make somethings annoying, requiring you to pick certain characters to handle certain classes due to mags. They also weren't a thing in PSU. Maybe photon blasts were an issue, like you can cheese some things with the 10 seconds of invulnerability it gives you. Hard to say really, there can be a lot of reasons why.

That being said, I kind of wished mags remained a thing because I really enjoyed things like Photon Blasts. At least I'll still have Tamahime follow me around everywhere. If we get the Pati and Tia mag down the line, we can have mini flying Pati's and Tia's following us everywhere. Even a thousand years in the future, that duo (just Pati really) will still be there to cause trouble.

omg come on. i love the mags ! more then in PSO on Dreamcast, then giv us a chao garden D

@Furious said in NEW GENESIS:

@Lorient said in NEW GENESIS:

The fact that they announced it without saying what it was is a pretty poor move imo. Now all PSO2 players are going to be apprehensive about spending any more money on the game since its looking like it could get replaced next year.

Exactly this. I was JUST considering getting the Ragol pack thing literally moments before watching the video. Now, why bother?

This release might not have even happened on our end if we didn't show the financial support we have as a fan base quite honestly. That and PSO2 is still here well it's being worked on for the next however long. So that's why.

@SupernalBeast87 said in NEW GENESIS:

Level 200 let's gooooooo

QFE

I'd love for that harp back to the original. Then pso3 lvl 300. haha. (maybe)

@Ki-Rin said in NEW GENESIS:

As a fellow PSO vet, this also saddens me.

We don't know that mags are useless; all we know is that they won't do what they do now. Perhaps they will perform some other important gameplay function?

@Ilúvatar

Well.. according to the previous post they won't aid us in battle so they would need to play a weird utility role unless sega revamps that idea all together about not having them assist in combat.

We don't know what new gameplay systems may be implemented, so there's no knowing what mags will do. Would be very weird to keep them and have them do literally nothing, though.

Agreed.

This ain't universe, give us our photon blasts in PvE combat lul.

well its official I quit none of this matters now or carry over

I am so lost! What is going on?

@Infini said in NEW GENESIS:

well its official I quit none of this matters now or carry over

Bro.. you've been playing this game for the 3 seconds it's been out this past spring. After all It's still in development for a year and just because there is a new game in the works doesn't mean it takes all relevance out of PSO2. If you check a few pages back you'll see some of your things will carry over.

@Redex yeah glad I only invested such a short time so I can get away pretty clean and not waste any more time and money and just start fresh in new game next year wish they would have announced this at launch of NA version but guess they had to get people to invest in scratches and stuff.

@Infini said in NEW GENESIS:

@Redex yeah glad I only invested such a short time so I can get away pretty clean and not waste any more time and money and just start fresh in new game next year wish they would have announced this at launch of NA version but guess they had to get people to invest in scratches and stuff.

Well.. If it wasn't for those AC scratches NG very possibly may not have even been announced lul.

Farewell.