Guess we all wasted our money on pso2...

@ThirdChild-ZKI said in Guess we all wasted our money on pso2...:

If it's THAT bad, if Sega is somehow that shortsighted, I don't think PSO2 would've been the 8 year success it has been til now.

It's only been successful in JP, and only after severe backlash from the JP community about earlier in the game's life cycle, about things we're complaining about now in NA. In fact, most of the above posted "bad history" has been towards the NA/Global market. You know where the game hasn't been an 8 year success? NA, despite being announced for NA 8 years ago.

@Shiz1880 said in Guess we all wasted our money on pso2...:

It is a confirmed EXPANSION for PSO2. They are doing the Blade and Soul thing where they are changing the engine and redoing the game basically. How it will interact with our existing characters and stats IDK. The numbers shown on the trailer are very small compared to our damage now. Might just be placeholder type stuff who knows. I would expect to keep things like cosmetics but as far as actual gear who knows how this will compare to what exists currently.

Gotta love when they do the numbers crunch to cut down on lag and such.

Honestly, what company anymore doesn't have a bad track record with their online MMORPG's?

Sega has done a lot of scummy movements and so has microsoft, nothing will excuse them of it.

But if the product is free, I'll gladly give them a benefit of a doubt every single time and see what happens. If it DOES give me a lot of fun, then sure, I'll pay a bit. Overall, lets wait till ANG.

@SleeprunnerInc said in Guess we all wasted our money on pso2...:

Honestly, what company anymore doesn't have a bad track record with their online MMORPG's?

There's an enormous difference between having a few missteps, big or small, on a singular MMORPG as versus having a clear and pervasive issue across THREE or FOUR MMORPGs. Most companies that have a "bad track record with their MMORPG" typically don't survive, anyway.

The ones that do are usually companies too big to fail (Square/Blizzard), or ones that go all in scummy (coughNexoncough)

@Dr-Roflopogus said in Guess we all wasted our money on pso2...:

It's only been successful in JP, and only after severe backlash from the JP community about earlier in the game's life cycle, about things we're complaining about now in NA. In fact, most of the above posted "bad history" has been towards the NA/Global market. You know where the game hasn't been an 8 year success? NA, despite being announced for NA 8 years ago.

It wasn't HERE to succeed or fail until just now. A lot of people have been quick to judge PSO2 based on the half of it that we currently have - and that's a fair point if completely disregarding that there's an entire other half of 8 years of content that we know for a fact we are getting, and getting within not even half a year.

But the fact remains that they've shared little more than a trailer - and I'll concede that some inconsistencies in explaining that trailer have generated confusion - but even with confirmation that our current characters are still relevant and "We will share more on that soon", many have just assumed the worst and are going forward on negative assumptions-as-fact, whether based on what few facts are present, or past events that may or may not hold as much relevance on current plans.

As I said before, it's fine to be excited, or anxious, or have concerns in the absence of more info, but they "will share more on that soon". The sky isn't falling.

@ThirdChild-ZKI I agree the sky isn't falling but they REALLY need to explain what "character carryover" means. Like, yesterday.

The sheer amount of assets they'd have to remake makes it seem like fashion wouldn't just based on the resources it'd take to do them all. Yet they must know they might kill their own game if they don't, so I'm curious what route they're taking if not a mix of both.

@Z0DIAK-BRAVE I too am curious, but for now resting on the idea that completely invalidating the items and cosmetics players have happily paid for would be a disservice to the players and to Sega in the form of lost (or further lost) faith in them, and would jeopardize any future endeavors to monetize or otherwise make money on the product.

Show people that you don't care if they feel like they wasted money, and they'll be less inclined to consider spending it on anything you offer. Any company that wants to make money has to understand this at the most basic level.

@Z0DIAK-BRAVE said in Guess we all wasted our money on pso2...:

Like, yesterday.

i read somewhere in the comments on twitter or was it facebook idk....that we gonna get an update in august - dont quote me on that one tho thats what somebody else mentioned (according to discord chats or smth?)

update as in news

I don't feel I have wasted my money, but I am most certainly slowing my expenditures after the announcement. That is until they clarify what is getting ported over and what isn't.

There was the recent interview shared on reddit where they asked about the new class, and were told apologetically to wait til August 7th for the next PSO2 broadcast covering it. The big "Not Episode 7" update was mentioned briefly as well, but further info still remains to be seen.

The interview: https://dengekionline.com/articles/43716/

@Seedeus Same, I will be more careful with spending. Yet I probably have spent all I needed to already.

@Seedeus said in Guess we all wasted our money on pso2...:

I don't feel I have wasted my money, but I am most certainly slowing my expenditures after the announcement. That is until they clarify what is getting ported over and what isn't.

This is the smartest thing a person can do. 100%.

@ThirdChild-ZKI said in Guess we all wasted our money on pso2...:

Show people that you don't care if they feel like they wasted money, and they'll be less inclined to consider spending it on anything you offer. Any company that wants to make money has to understand this at the most basic level.

I agree the extremely negative takes aren't really warranted just yet. But that statement is exactly how a number of us that have been here since PSO1 feel. People coming in fresh on PSO2 might not quite get it yet, but there's a track record of people feeling burned and that's where a lot of this cautiousness is stemming from.

This is why PSO2 was delayed for 8 years here, because people stopped spending on what Sega was offering, so instead of rebuilding confidence in the brand they pulled the plug on the western market until Microsoft dropped stacks of cash on them.

Luckily with the game debuting out of nowhere as a major title for the Series X will help grow the interest in the game (thanks fanboys) and lead tk a larger draw then we currently have. Pair that with the Japan news and global release and we may get a bunch of fresh people who aren't tainted and inclined to ruin everyone's moods.

@Dr-Roflopogus Did you even read?

I said with their online MMORPG'S, AKA MULTIPLE.