Guess we all wasted our money on pso2...

All the doom and gloom is pretty justified IMO.

Largely the player base has had no feedback even though the CM's submit feedback to the developer any issue that occurs is just in darkness. The preamble to launch was atrocious with the game being a timed exclusive followed by one of the worst launches of a video game since the JP launch in the same year, because they couldn't even be bothered to test it.

The developer has shown the amount they care about the English audience IMO and how many resources they were willing to commit to the game. I wouldn't be surprised in the slightest if New Years rolls around and they just go... "Hey thanks for the money and scratch, but there's the updated version that functions as a seperate ship... so yeah you can't use anything you spent money for here sweety, but you can bring your character over. Now shut up I need to go back to ignoring you"

@John-Paul-RAGE said in Guess we all wasted our money on pso2...:

A super pleasant surprise turned into a battle of pessimism, that's the Forum Way!

I mean... Sega's already given the NA players more than enough reasons to be pessimist about the future of PSO2 NA.

@JuggernautGTX said in Guess we all wasted our money on pso2...:

@Bass-Captain-2 said in Guess we all wasted our money on pso2...:

Keeping your character can mean a slew of different things... it could be as simple keeping the character you designed in the universe

that actually made me laugh....duh the question was if our current characters matter in the new update - answer is yes whats the point in "keeping your current character model" that simply makes no sense

"yes your current characters matter - you loose everything and keep your created model 🙂 " i mean lol....ok ok ill just keep the hype up and avoid such comments from now on

In his defense, they've also repeatedly stated our "feedback matters" and it's not exactly like there's been any real indication of feedback driven changes since launch, or any real acknowledgement aside from Deynger's occasional posts about forwarding them up the chain.

@Dr-Roflopogus said in Guess we all wasted our money on pso2...:

It had a very Xenoblade vibe to it with the open world too.

I was getting a mix of Xenoblade, Monster Hunter and BotW just by looking at everything.

Course considering the English dub, we do have to lean towards Xenoblade, mate. 😛

It feels like a mix of Monster Hunter World and FF7 remake to me.

e7cf19c2-9b68-4316-9577-4535135820ce-image.png

681ee6b1-7a75-42dd-ab89-dd2e38aa92ce-image.png

b8748d03-c32a-4567-b131-71687b6472f3-image.png

d1587e49-f401-4db6-a9ab-fa32cc7665fb-image.png

9669f418-4e00-4766-9baf-ce5af87acb40-image.png

a592bb44-70a2-42e8-b05e-4aa96b66dc07-image.png

just to let that sink - bash sega all you want - dig in in their history all you want...one thing they done right - to tease us with this amazing trailer! something for us western players - they are finally looking at us - finally i feel equal to the guys in japan not just a "western market" but as western players...this is just for us...lets hype it more lets enjoy the time and click the refresh button on their twitter until a new update pops

I got more of a Xenoblade Chronicles X vibe from the trailer more than anything else.

Honestly though, the trailer still looked great, and the open world gameplay looks fan-friggen-tastic.

On the JP youtube trailer, the JP comments seems just as concerned with character data, outfits, and accessories. Though not in a pessimistic way, just commenting they hope they get to carry over their stuff.

But this should be the big update instead of EP7 that they announced back in March when they said they are dropping PS Vita support this year - not a brand new game but an overhaul of the game engine and graphics. I don't believe exact details have been released yet so we just have to wait. Someone in another thread mentioned some stuff like materials won't get carried over but I can't find the source for it. So there is a possibility we will be losing some stuff but what exactly is to be announced later probably.

alt text

Meanwhile, I am very curious about how they'll upgrade Ep4 and 5 graphics.

Lets be real here if we are going to lose our characters cosmetics in PSO NG. Do you think Sega will actually announce the new game this far out. They would know people will stop buying cosmetics, etc if that was the case. I'm pretty positive it is just an update to the game engine with new areas and what not. If you see the trailer the sub menu is still the same as PSO2.

@Blade-Syphon said in Guess we all wasted our money on pso2...:

I got more of a Xenoblade Chronicles X vibe from the trailer more than anything else.

Honestly though, the trailer still looked great, and the open world gameplay looks fan-friggen-tastic.

I did as well. Either way it's pretty awesome!

Could it be that somehow the Dev's and the Gm's were in a rush to release all of the Content in the current game? It's possible., Then from the New update they can now kick back , and release content at a more slower pace.

Im sure they need NA to catch up with content so they can streamline NG release.