Guess we all wasted our money on pso2...

@RayearthIX said in Guess we all wasted our money on pso2...:

We really need to get confirmation that all cosmetics are transferable... otherwise a lot of us have wasted a lot of money in a game that isn't going to truly be supported for more than a year.

The trailer flatout shows people with some of the PSO2 outfits, so we can assume easily that we CAN transfer all cosmetics. The CHARACTER ITSELF is transferred, it would make no sense for the stuff you can equip as cosmetics and outfits can't be transferred.

@Ephemiel Until they specifically tell us that, we have no reason to assume it. If the trailer showed a character in a Konosuba or Shining series cosmetic, sure. But it didn't, it showed a generic PSO default cosmetic.

Again, they need to tell us. Trying to get information from translated twitter posts about "account registered items" doesn't cut it, and even if that post is accurate, it doesn't include outerwear, weapon camo, and costumes. There needs to be an official statement about this, or else its all just community assumptions and guesswork.

Until they specifically tell us that, we have no reason to assume it.

Until they specifically tell us that it won't, we have no reason to assume it.

Apply this to yourself instead of immediately assuming the worse and spreading it like wildfire.

@Ephemiel If you believe that, then you are naïve about how large corporations, especially in creative industries like game development, work.

There's a reason so many video game companies make vague statements. It's so they don't have to make any promises and later be held to those promises potentially in court. It's also why so many public statements, like the NA article about New Genesis, say everything is subject to change.

Edit: I would be happy to assume the best of SEGA, they make some great games that I love, but that would mean blindly spending more money on a product with a potential 12 month or less shelf life, and SEGA has shown many times (like EA, SQEX, ATVI, TTI, and more) that they are not worth trusting blindly.

If you believe that, then you are naïve about how large corporations, especially in creative industries like game development, work.

If YOU believe that, then you have no idea how companies in Japan work.

they make some great games that I love, but that would mean blindly spending more money

You talk like you're forced to spend money. Enjoy the game and spend none if it bothers you so much. I'm done here, i see people haven't changed here and still do nothing but complain.

@Ephemiel I think being told that PSO3 is launching a year after PSO2 releases in the US, and not being given all the information about transferring, is something to be concerned about, especially for players who have already spent $100's on PSO2.

You are correct, there is nothing forcing me to spend money... but I, and many others, already DID spend money, and that's what is concerning us.

Can't remember how many games i've spent hundreds of dollars on just to not be playing it a few months later. We got a whole year's notice. What's the beef chief?

@DankNugs9429 It has to do with the type of game and expectations related to that type (specifically MMORPGs). Sure, people spend 100's in FIFA, Madden, COD, etc. but they know the shelf life of the game they are playing is 1 year. The expectation of a MMO is that it will be around a long time. PSO2 was around a long time in Japan, but it hasn't been in the US. I guarantee that if US players, like myself, knew that PSO2:NG was coming out 12-18 months after PSO2 released in the US, a lot less money would have been spent on AC ticket items (IF they don't transfer over... if they do, then it wouldn't have mattered and people would spend away, and that's the issue at hand here, and what we don't know and want clarification on).

@Ephemiel said in Guess we all wasted our money on pso2...:

@RayearthIX said in Guess we all wasted our money on pso2...: The trailer flatout shows people with some of the PSO2 outfits, so we can assume

@Ephemiel said in Guess we all wasted our money on pso2...:

@RayearthIX said in Guess we all wasted our money on pso2...: Apply this to yourself instead of immediately assuming

you assume stuff one post before this and tell somebody else not to assume anything - gotcha...stop crying

Read the article;e they posted before assuming the worst: https://pso2.com/news/announcements/pso2ngsannouncement

The only items not transferable are: Skill Rings Consumable Items used for battle, growth, and enhancement Boost Items Materials Furnishings

AC and SG can be used in both PSO2: NGS and PSO2. Because Meseta, FUN, and other currencies greatly affect the balance of the game's economy, these cannot be shared between PSO2: NGS and PSO2.

Character growth will not be shared between PSO2 and PSO2: NGS.

Weapons, Units, and Mags obtained in PSO2 can be used in PSO2: NGS as well. However, their functions, abilities, and appearances will change in accordance with PSO2: NGS's game system.

That first lists literally tells you the ONLY ITEM NOT TRANSFERABLE. Costumes and the like are items and since they weren't listed and the fact that AC and SG is interchangable, the cosmetics WILL transfer to NGS.

Ah well ... if you wanted to play dress up you should have bought stuff on Amazon instead ... 😛

@Ragnawind There are 2 assumptions being made by people,.

1. Anything not listed as NOT being transferable is transferrable.
  2. Anything not listed as transferable is NOT transferrable.

Both of these are speculative assumptions because the information hasn't been provided. I did read that announcement before posting, and I've read speculation on this board and on reddit, and that's all it is right now, speculation, because they haven't said.

So, you and the others saying to not be so negative might be right, and I hope you are. Likewise, me and the others who are being negative might be right, and I hope we aren't. I would just like confirmation from SEGA one way or the other.

@DankNugs9429 🤣 I do actually have a few cosplay outfits for when I've been to DragonCon. Good response. 😃

I am actually unsure about the whole outfit transfer. All the one piece outfits in PSO2 replace your entire character model head down as far as my knowledge reaches. Not sure exactly about layering wear between inner/outer/base, but my general thought is that in worst case scenario only PSO2 characters using base PSO2 models will be able to wear old PSO2 outfits, and similarly they won't be able to use NGS outfits. Best case scenario is that you can have artstyle clash between low/high polygon parts for your character between head and rest of the body if Sega lets new characters use low poly outfits from base game and the reverse. Accessories definitely seem safe along with emotes, but all new emotes will probably have finger animations unlike the old ones.

Gear wise just don't count on getting anything better out of your endgame weapon than an entry tier position for the level it's available from.

I think being told that PSO3

And already you're wrong since this is not PSO3.

Good job man.