Augment Help

So, in light of a ton of price checking I have looked into for augmenters, I am highly considering just augmenting the desired item myself. Is there any item augment pros here that could explain to me how to get the following mods on an item for the cheapest way possible. I am not good at augmenting through my experimentation (Not that I can't get the results, but it clearly isn't done cost effectively). I am asking for a detailed guide on how to reach this goal in the most cost effective way as possible and least failure possible way.

Desired Mods

Apprentice Soul - +40 RNG +40 MEL Precision V - +40 RNG Modulator - +30 RNG +30 MEL Might V - +40 MEL Mutation II - +15 RNG +15 MEL Mastery III - +15 RNG +15 MEL

This results in + 140 RNG +140 MEL

Thanks for the future help and comments.

Obligatory Bumperino

Before I even attempt to sim this, what reason do you have for mixing both Melee and Ranged attack on the same weapon (I presume?). I'm generally curious.

@NotZyreth

It is part of my setup for a Gunblade Fighter Main / Gunner Sub build. With the weapon not crafted or up to +35 yet, it is very strong. I looked into it to see why people were saying Gunblades are bad. Instead of joining the bandwagon, I actually found something that I have grown to love and have configured to work pretty damn well. I have my units crafted, I have my Rng mag stat'd (rng mad to offset the advantage that melee has inherently on Gunblades, usually about 100 or so higher than rng), and my rings set. All I need now is the weapon crafted. Instead of paying around 100 mil to have someone make it for me, I figured it would be better to dig into augmenting myself and learn to get good at it with the help of someone experienced and willing to help me learn through getting this item made.

So, basically, that is it. I love the way GBs work and found a good balance point to spike damage in balance. Having been running on a decked out Bow Braver a while and being able to say that the GB build I configured can compete with that makes me feel pretty confident in the build (if you know how nutty bow Bravers can get damage output wise).

Edit: Super cool you rock the Pinkal emblem. I was an avid Pinkal through the Dreamcast days to the death of Blue Burst, and even some in Schthack servers. Just wanted to note that I appreciate that 😄 Been an on and off player all through that time period.

So, I'm not 100% done simming your weapon affix currently but it's definitely not looking good. With what's available in NA currently, you'd be looking at buying multiple affixes just to make your own fodder (unless you manage to luck out and find several weapons with the affixes on already at 6 slot but that may cost you even more).

I did however make this affix just in case. It's a lot easier to obtain and a lot cheaper in comparison too. Screenshot_1.png Screenshot_2.png

Astral Soul comes from a Ray Weapon at +35

Mastery III comes from specific 10* & 11* weapons at +35. NA Arks Visiphone will be able to tell you what ones.

Precision IV (Shoot IV) & Might IV (Power IV) come from +35 Nox weapons of that respective type.

Flict Arma comes from +35 Sange which is obtainable from the booster shop.

Affix Augment (Ranged & PP) is available from the player market.

You'd only need to 6s each weapon through upslotting after that although that can be a daunting task.

@NotZyreth Hmmmm. Alright, questions:

Ok, so here is my question. The items don't have to have the properties in order to give those specific augments? I am basing this on your wording of the weapons and them being +35? If that is correct, then crafting isn't super awful. I assume this means that there is no recipe for modulator or Apprentice Soul. So, the way you are presenting would be the most worth while way because of the balanced stats. I was hoping on reaching at least 120 on each stat, but honestly, the presented plan is not bad at all. I actually would like the extra defense and the damage will be pretty solid.I'll do the liberty of upgrading the ranged/pp to ranged/pp2. May be super costly, but the push would be worth it.

@NotZyreth said in Augment Help:

So, I'm not 100% done simming your weapon affix currently but it's definitely not looking good. With what's available in NA currently, you'd be looking at buying multiple affixes just to make your own fodder (unless you manage to luck out and find several weapons with the affixes on already at 6 slot but that may cost you even more).

I did however make this affix just in case. It's a lot easier to obtain and a lot cheaper in comparison too. Screenshot_1.png Screenshot_2.png

Astral Soul comes from a Ray Weapon at +35

Mastery III comes from specific 10* & 11* weapons at +35. NA Arks Visiphone will be able to tell you what ones.

Precision IV (Shoot IV) & Might IV (Power IV) come from +35 Nox weapons of that respective type.

Flict Arma comes from +35 Sange which is obtainable from the booster shop.

Affix Augment (Ranged & PP) is available from the player market.

You'd only need to 6s each weapon through upslotting after that although that can be a daunting task.

So, I will wait to buy things until you confirm if the augs are there regardless of the desired aug being present on the item. If so, this will make crafting much much easier than I though and much better on how I approached augmenting. Thanks for the help. As soon as you tell me if the aug do stay regardless of what the weapons have or if they don't, I'll get started on a Journey to get the items and then up slot them.

At +35 weapons get something called an "SAF" which is noticable by it's blue square in the screenshot (the orange X is it's potential). These will pass at 100% chance. Screenshot_3.png

When you use a +35 weapon as an affix fodder, the "SAF" will appear in the affixing menu with it's blue square to let you know it's an SAF.

The weapons themselves do not need to be pre-affixed with their SAFs in order to pass them. They simply become unlocked at +35 and will appear in your affixing menu when the weapon is used as fodder.

I hope that answers your question.

@Dreadnaut227 said in Augment Help:

I'll do the liberty of upgrading the ranged/pp to ranged/pp2. May be super costly, but the push would be worth it.

Seems fine to me. I put ranged there to round the stats out but you can swap it to melee if you find yourself shooting with a Gunslash less.

@NotZyreth You've been exceptionally helpful, thank you so very much. 🙂

@NotZyreth made a minor tweak, but I got all items needed. 4 out of 5 are +35. Just need to get that last one to 35 and get the rest upslotted. This has cost me almost 45 mil now. It will be worth it though. Should be over 125 in both rng and melee. Closer to 140 rng. So, just out of meseta now, I'll slowly string it along to finished. The rng\pp2 really rocked funds being close to 30 mil by itself.