PSO2 is getting worse

Does anyone feel the same way? Everything is so horribly unbalanced to the point where you can max out a class in a day or so, get the best gear possible just by doing dailies, and all the new content (a relative term since it's been out for years on JP) that's added even on the highest difficulty is way too easy and contains no gear upgrades, just a bunch of 10 and 12 stars. Seriously, look at the item log from PD, there are no 13 star items that drop whatsoever. The SG scratch is abysmal, which I won't go into because there are so many other threads and videos dedicated to it, and you can't even chat with people in the lobby because RMT bots spam it up 24/7. The moment you block one, two more show up.

Personally, the only thing that even presents a small challenge is doing an ultimate PUG and that's because the mobs have incredibly inflated HP pools, damage, and are mostly immune to knockbacks. It's not even a particularly fun challenge really, just another long long grind for those 13 star weapons that may take hours if not days to drop.

I'm beginning to see why so many people grind the lobby instead of actually playing the game.

@Ophidian1723 said in PSO2 is getting worse:

I'm beginning to see why so many people grind the lobby instead of actually playing the game.

Or we're just waiting for later episodes with more to do, harder content, etc.

It will get better, I am already biased from playing JP. Especially for the challenge, that will certainly be there. Leveling will get smoother as well, no more advanced quests. I like farming for rates like it is now, but later on Leontina will give you rares down the line.

@SuccubusAlice said in PSO2 is getting worse:

Or we're just waiting for later episodes with more to do, harder content, etc.

From my understanding, we currently have gear from episode 5ish or later, meaning nothing to upgrade to for a long time. Considering how much time it's taking for episode 4 to release, it's going to be a year or so before we hear about episode 6.

@Ranmaru said in PSO2 is getting worse:

It will get better, I am already biased from playing JP. Especially for the challenge, that will certainly be there. Leveling will get smoother as well, no more advanced quests. I like farming for rates like it is now, but later on Leontina will give you rares down the line.

What I don't understand is why they can't just increase the difficulty for existing missions to make them actually worth doing outside of client orders. Nothing provides a reasonable amount of meseta, XP, or loot outside of AQ, UQ, and ultimate to be worth spending time doing. Even most of the client orders you can do don't reward you with anything worthwhile!

That's why when checking out a game, you also have a back up plan. What I mean? Other games, of course. You do everything you wanted to do here and you are bored? Sadly the devs already have their road map and while these threads are still necessary, they have proven to force not much change. So the workaround is to pause this game and play another until this one gets updates.

And then again, even having all the content JP has may not be enough for some players. Some people simply chew through games way too quickly.

a year or so before we hear about episode 6.

We literally have a content roadmap, with episode 4 next month and 5 and 6 coming in the few months after.

Episode 5 is scheduled to be out end of Q3 which is september. Next month will be ep4 content. Next month will bring the "pvp" mini game and crafting. Should have some content to look forward to. Level 75-80 is roughly the same amount of exp as 1-75 so there will be some things to do to keep you occupied

Seriously, look at the item log from PD, there are no 13 star items that drop whatsoever.

To be fair, the 13* versions of invade/austere weapons (which were the initial carrot on a stick when PD originally came it) were axed because they were oldtype (imagine they grind like units do, but with way worse rates) and the NT versions (with the exp bar) were not put in until the end of ep5 and are 15* and way way too powerful to put into the game at this stage.

@MisterJaySnek Invade NT are 13* weapons, around a similar tier of power as Nemesis and Slave.

I'm expecting those to be released in the enhanced ep4 version of PD.

Oh right my mistake, they might also get shoved into the phantoms extreme quest sometime in ep5 like in JP.

@ZorokiHanuke

ahaha, your signature made me laugh. I just woke up so it started my day off right. Thank you 🙂

On topic, I don't think the game is getting worse at all. On the contrary, I think it's going along just fine.

My only disappointment is the RMT bots, and the fact that we can't move overview map (the map you call up by pressing the 'N' key) -- it would be really nice to be able to move it instead of it being stuck in the middle of the screen and un-resizable.

@Bette You liked the one grumpy sig on the entire thread?

As for the map thing, I agree. I would have liked if you could resize it and it stayed as a semi transparent item at the top right corner too. Makes sense that way.

People may be leaving this game. Either they leave because they can't run it (because the installation derps), or they did all they could in this version and have nothing else to do, or the game they were waiting for is already up. I feel the PS franchise, while well loved, is not a huge influence in the West. Definitely not in the way it draws people in Japan, at least.

Wow......just what I am talking about.

PSO2 is getting worse

Does anyone feel the same way?

I'm sure some do, but I wouldn't agree. There's a case to be made that it's not getting better in the sense of major content updates, but that's because they have a plan to release the UQs one at a time in an order that relates to the story and Episode 4 is a part of that which hasn't happened yet.

I'm wondering how many of the people that feel the same way expect a constant perpetual power creep. If it was such a problem that we don't have 14* equipment yesterday, how long will we be able to have 14* equipment before it becomes a problem that we don't have 15* equipment yet? And presuming JP isn't about to add 16* equipment, what are players going to do 5 months after we have parity?

What's the harm in enjoying the ride? We're getting a steady release of UQs and events. In fact this update's no-event is actually the first time PC players can experience the regular lobby!

If spending 2+ hours every day is exhausting the content available and extra time spend is not enjoyable, there's no harm in setting the game down and playing a different one. Isn't that the same with any game? I don't understand this idea that PSO2 needs to do more to be entertaining than other games.

@Miraglyth One big mistake from the NA version so far has been the lack of worthwhile weapons to hunt in XH urgent quests, there's alot of JP OT weapons that could have been converted into mid tier NT 13* weapons.

This is gonna improve in future content as the game gets past the start of Ep4 (the first Ep4 urgent still had OT weapons, so I'm expecting that one to not have any good drops as well), but still the situation until now could have been handled alot better.

There's even many fan favourite weapons from older games that could have been released and given new life on NA, but since they're OT weapons, they were skipped... (Double Cannon, Twin Brand, Elysion, Chainsawd, Neiclaw, Falclaw, Soul Eater, Soul Banish, among many, many others).