Costume Design Contests

Just thought about this because of the thread discussing collaborations. But will there be a NA design contest, or is this just a JP only thing?

Would be pretty cool to see that. Even art contests to be used as posters in player rooms. That should be even easier than costumes. I do wonder how much ability Sega of America has to further develop content for the game or if it is exclusively Sega of Japan creating content.

@Home-Dog said in Costume Design Contests:

I do wonder how much ability Sega of America has to further develop content for the game or if it is exclusively Sega of Japan creating content.

This more so depends on how willing SEGA as a whole is to continue Phantasy Star Online 2. It's possible Microsoft approached SEGA, rather than SEGA approaching Microsoft, about how to handle the servers. We won't know however unless SEGA themselves reveals said information.

@coldreactive I reckon Microsoft didn't approach Sega after 7 years of this games localization being dormant but I may be wrong. To be honest though, considering how much content there is readily available, I feel like they wont be making any major additions to the game. At least from Sega of America's side. I would like to be wrong though. Who knows, maybe they just needed to get people back into Phantasy Star before the next major release.

I hope it will still be a thing, but if not it wouldn't be a total loss. It would be pretty awesome to see what the community could offer though.

@Home-Dog Sega doesn't even have anything about it listed on their website.

https://www.sega.com/upcoming-games

I draw like a 2-year old, so I'd love to submit a design.

@Home-Dog said in Costume Design Contests:

@coldreactive I reckon Microsoft didn't approach Sega after 7 years of this games localization being dormant but I may be wrong. To be honest though, considering how much content there is readily available, I feel like they wont be making any major additions to the game. At least from Sega of America's side. I would like to be wrong though. Who knows, maybe they just needed to get people back into Phantasy Star before the next major release.

Phil Spencer wasn't in charge back then and has been turning things around. He's over the last couple of years went to Japan and studios to get things done. He didn't really elaborate on exactly what but we got Tales series back and PSO2 was shown on Xbox's stage. So I'm willing to bet MS played a big role in getting the game over. It was to benefit both.