Forum User Ranks/Reputation System and/or Post Likes/Reactions Functionality

If not now at some point it would be great to have the ability to "Like" and/or even a further expanded set of reactions a forum post. "Love", "Thanks", etc.

Also some form of forum user ranking system to show who the more active/helpful people are. Factoring in a Reputation System would help stave off some of the unnecessary spammage some might undertake to gain forum user rank.

Fwiw.

o/ =^.^=-

Yes please and thank you. There are a lot of times I want to upvote stuff and downvote stuff.

@The-Question said in Forum User Ranks/Reputation System and Post Likes and/or Reactions:

downvote stuff.

Not going to happen. Considering reputation on NodeBB is currently disabled, and it can actually disallow you to make / edit posts depending on your current reputation. This isn't reddit either, so we cannot get upvotes in other "Subreddits" to allow us to post again.

As I said to a GM, you can use the bookmark system to "Like" a post basically, since the number of bookmarks a post has is shown for all to see next to the button to bookmark.

Eh, maybe one day. At least this is out there. And the bookmarks thing.. ..meh.. ;~)

o/ =^.^=

PSO2 is the game, not the forum! I know it's not out yet but you should be playing, not posting. ­čśë

I intend on being active on here tho to find meetups and trade though, soooo pffft I'm not hating. ­čĄÉ

Hehe, fair! I don't think I'll be here much once OBT (Open Beta Test) starts.

AT least the withdrawl is mostly done. Man that first week or so.. ...I'd load the game and try to join and get my n[240] connection error or whatever and go on to other things. And how many times I've watched that first intro... ;0~~

8*0~~~

o/ =^.^=

Yeah, the rep system would be pretty detrimental on these forums. Especially NodeBB. They have a lot of strange rules (which I think can be altered to an extent) but there is little reason to have it, anyways.

If they had some sort of community reward, that would be a different story. But for now, it would end up with a bunch of people just going around giving negative rep over disagreeing.

They need a more prominent post count indicator, so I can relive my glory days of having like half a million posts on the old PSOBB/SEGA forum.

Disagree on downvote but vote in general because like Disqus, people downvote troll a lot.

User rankings went over very poorly when they were implemented on Sega's forums. They were removed very quickly.

Putting a post count/join date by the user icon like on those boards probably would be fine.

@Il├║vatar said in Forum User Ranks/Reputation System and/or Post Likes/Reactions Functionality:

They need a more prominent post count indicator, so I can relive my glory days of having like half a million posts on the old PSOBB/SEGA forum.

You gotta pump that post count up.

Those are rookie numbers.