Site suggestion: Put up UQ schedules before we're already going through them

Minor issue, but just something I feel is weird.

The most recent UQ schedule we have is https://pso2.com/news/urgent-quests/uqjuly2020part1 , which stops on 7/20. We're most of the way through 7/21 now, and the next two weeks' schedule still isn't posted, and I'm guessing it won't actually be posted until maintenance. So by the first time we see the schedule for 7/21, the day will already be over.

Why not post the schedule for new periods starting on Tuesday on the preceding Monday? The only thing I can assume is that maybe MS/SEGA want to keep the "surprise" for what the new UQ will be, but that doesn't really make sense because this time the Quest Trigger Distribution campaign for 7/22 is already up and it shows that it's going to be the Mining Base with Apprentice (and Profound Darkness was similar). Or if the surprise really does need to be kept, why do the schedules start on Tuesday and end on Monday? Make them start on Wednesday and end on Tuesday, if that's the period they'll actually be useful for.

It's relevant to me specifically for this time period though since I'd like to be able to see when Mining Base: Despair is happening these next two weeks for the S-Rank UQ campaign, and had no idea about today's schedule (but thankfully it seems like there weren't any today). Again though, it's a pretty minor issue in the grand scheme of things, but it just seems like there isn't much reason not to.

Agreed, it's just super weird that not only do we never get to know what's scheduled in the last Tuesday of a cycle but also that Tuesday then gets included in the chart for the next cycle as if to say "Here's what you missed because we didn't tell you before it happened!"

The purpose of a schedule is to let players know so they can make plans. At the very least if Tuesday cannot be conveyed from the JP developers to the NA community team quickly enough to share with us, can't it be left out of the chart?

Agreed, hope for an improvement. Its like they require us to predict un-announced scheduled UQs. What a nonsense 😁

I'm dredging up this topic to just say thanks for putting this week's schedule up before it actually started (I think the last schedule was a bit earlier too). Don't know if this topic influenced it or not, but it's a good change either way. 👍

Indeed, the recent UQ schedules show clear improvements. I appreciate that 😃

Personally, I like the addition of GMT times. It's closer to Tokyo timezone than PDT, easier to convert in my head.

Yet I wonder why they prefer GMT over UTC 😁

Echoing the praise for giving us the 01 Sep schedule before the day started. Now we can see there's a Beach Wars scheduled. The schedule format of a month ago wouldn't have told us about that until 12 hours after it had ended. This is a good improvement.

@Fiona-Respha said in Site suggestion: Put up UQ schedules before we're already going through them:

Yet I wonder why they prefer GMT over UTC 😁

It seems they're still experimenting with this, yeah. The choice of GMT is pretty weird for a number of reasons, not least of which being that the only GMT-using country supported by PSO2 at the moment is Iceland, which does not observe daylight savings time. Other GMT-using countries supported by the game are presently under their respective versions of daylight savings time instead; for instance the UK is using BST.

On the bright side, this is GMT, which as UTC+0 is 7 hours ahead of PDT's UTC-7. So the name is correct.

It would nevertheless make more sense to just call it UTC, partially because that makes it easier for other countries to use as a standardised baseline but also because different countries leave daylight savings at different times (much of Europe does in late October this year, while the US switches from PDT to PST in early November). So using UTC would also help reduce the potential for mistakes both on the PSO2 team's part and by players.

@Akonyl said in Site suggestion: Put up UQ schedules before we're already going through them:

I'm dredging up this topic to just say thanks for putting this week's schedule up before it actually started (I think the last schedule was a bit earlier too). Don't know if this topic influenced it or not, but it's a good change either way. 👍

Of course! Thank you for acknowledging it.

I hope they could keep on the good practice 😢

Ah we're missing a day again, hey.

They really need to just make the weeks on the chart start on Wednesdays and end on Tuesdays already. Then they wouldn't be missing days every time a new schedule gets published after a maintenance.

As an added bonus they wouldn't need so many colours and quest descriptions to cover the ones that only exist on the first day of a schedule like they often do now.

Well, I hoped that the move over to Google Calendars meant that they could just update the same calendar with events more quickly than what they currently are, but we're back to the same thing again.

Thank god for the PSO2fleet UQ announcement discord feed.

@Akonyl said in Site suggestion: Put up UQ schedules before we're already going through them:

Thank god for the PSO2fleet UQ announcement discord feed.

I mean it helps for sure, especially if you're still working from home this autumn, but it would be nice to know "That specific UQ I want is happening at 7pm so I'll do other stuff I need to do before that to free up the time."

Yeah, it's definitely not a catch-all, and it'd still be nice to have the schedule. I just mean I wouldn't have even known Deus was happening an hour ago without it.