Please upgrade your weapon.

Please, please, PLEASE upgrade your weapon. It slows down XH UQ's (with Luther easily turning into a painful slog) and when Ep.4 hits content is being introduced where people can't carry you nearly as well as before (if at all).

So please upgrade your sigma/nox/deo(oof) or better to +30. Unless you ignore your dailies and yerkes weeklies, yes you have enough meseta for it. If you make two alts then you can make even more meseta from just logging onto an alt and turning in stuff for dailies that want a single unique fish.

Please upgrade your weapon.

@IAMCRAIG XH Luther? Never seen it take longer than 10 minutes. Are people really not contributing that much? Pretty sure just 2 people with good gear can clear this without an issue.

I don't see any UQ in XH that is boss fight going for more than 15 minutes even if there's 1 or 2 players with strong gear the bosses can't handle the damage players are causing.

also with Episode 4 new gear and methods to get strong gear will come so there's not much point on worrying to raise the gear to insane levels now.

We've all been there haha I dunno anyone who doesn't upgrade at least their weapons though... I can't imagine that this is a common thing? especially in XH urgent quests.

but ya, XH Luther is a pretty easy duo--you don't even need "good" gear lol. Last we tried, I played Bo/Su and had rays with only +100 melee and +8-11 pp each (+35 slave dual and nem boots, no notable affixes), and my friend used Saiki with I think like +150 or more tech and stuff.

I'm a pretty casual player, so I've only affixed one good weapon for Br, but I always jump around classes while my friend only uses her crazily affixed wand and thwomps haha. I'm pretty sure most people grind their weapon to at least +30, cuz it'd be pretty hard to work towards a 13* with like an ungrinded Deo...lol

Upgrade as in enhance them to +30. Also no, there is a surprising amount of people that don't enhance them.

@John-Paul-RAGE said in Please upgrade your weapon.:

@IAMCRAIG XH Luther? Never seen it take longer than 10 minutes. Are people really not contributing that much? Pretty sure just 2 people with good gear can clear this without an issue.

yeah luther is not too hard, just dont get hit lol

I never stated the fights are that difficult, it's when people come into them with unupgraded weapons that problems can arise, especially when the number of people doing that is half of the MPA.

One example would be if we had post-buff PD instead of its lukewarm version. Right now it's almost impossible to not do enough damage to avoid its dps check (one shots the entire MPA after a certain time threshold), especially with ARKS boost. With post-buff PD, you sure as hell want everyone to at a bare minimum have a sigma or better upgraded to +30 (which is incredibly simple to do) and a decent grasp of how their class works so you can avoid a TPK.

It also isn't pointless to upgrade (or enhance rather) your weapons because ep4 is coming out, since you still kinda need to get said weapons from ep4, which is tuned for a playerbase that had episode 1-3 for far, FAR longer than we have. There's a reason why rising badge 2's have been given out like candy for most of this month.

And believe it or not, for some people, just a +10 and 50 element Nox would be a vast improvement over what they bring to the table at times.

Maybe it's because everyone knows there's going to be power creep next month and the month after and would rather not waste their resources so soon before it happens?

@Mattwo7 said in Please upgrade your weapon.:

Maybe it's because everyone knows there's going to be power creep next month and the month after and would rather not waste their resources so soon before it happens?

I'm with you on this part. Now for sigma and nox weapons I don't even use them, to me they are junk for crafting items so I keep them for that.

See, this would be a valid point if Sigma/Nox weapons (mostly sigma) weren't also the most efficient way to enhance 13* weapons and will likely remain a valid choice into ep4.

That and you still need SOMETHING to get that new gear when the update hits. Also jesus christ, upgrading a sigma to +30 is inexpensive; I regularly combine a bunch of them to level 13* weapons, almost entirely having stopped turning them into lambda grinders and from just doing my dailies I'm still more than breaking even.

The reason why I even brought up getting a sigma to +30 is how cost effective it is with ep4 looming, otherwise I'd be telling people to use some of those glory badges for rising badges instead of delicious pie and get a friggin ray weapon or two, which at the very least if unupgraded is better than using any non 12* unupgraded.

Guess what, I'm fully aware of it too (i'm not seriously affixing any units until 13* units) but I still make my weapons functional. It literally costs 1 grinder and whatever the price of two matching-element nox's is on the market to have a weapon that doesn't make you time out on SH Luther. You'll still have millions to spend on crappy outfits, don't worry.

It's fair to not enhance if you just spent all your money upgrading other equipment. I do think it should be done as soon as one can, but I assume most people will be working on acquiring the meseta and grinders to do so. Although, remember to use collection file for free fodder. Not the most efficient, but still better than nothing, and it's free.

well it occurs that people join said UQ as a lv 70-74 to earn some exp - and having mostly just a sigma equipped to auto attack...thankfully this is just one fight and not as bad as guys who join ultimates to level up running around with rappy cannons or 8 star rifles on lv 70 off classes - doing 1k dps (so literally less than npc lol)

0e3599ba-c139-4890-857c-c3cc9edb0a84-image.png

new players should not feel discouraged by joining in ultimates and give it a shot with their main class - but people who just join to be a meme and basically leech off might even ruin new players ultimate experience - given that new players might have a hard time on their own and living memes just gonna make it harder

@Ranmaru said in Please upgrade your weapon.:

It's fair to not enhance if you just spent all your money upgrading other equipment. I do think it should be done as soon as one can, but I assume most people will be working on acquiring the meseta and grinders to do so. Although, remember to use collection file for free fodder. Not the most efficient, but still better than nothing, and it's free.

If you don't already have a +30 weapon, you should not be upgrading anything else first (barring summoners, of course). Also who the hell runs out of regular grinders? The game dumps enough on you that you can even vendor stacks of it for a quick cash infusion.