So months of the game deleting itself and we hear nothing, SG is harder to get with no transparency, but the Fresh Finds items are resellable and the shop is disabled in 10 minutes.

@PhantasyStar719 I haven't actually seen this proven track record that the JP community hates Americans.

Also, I do feel it was a mistake on ESRB's part to rate PSO2 T and not M. It is rated 17+ in Japan after all. Like I feel an M rating would have fitted PSO2 much better and would actually make it match Japan's rating for the game as an M rating is 17+. Like sure children may play the game, but I do not feel that they were the intended audience for PSO2. I rather not the game compromise itself because a child's parents allows them to play. So while we have all ages, all ages is not the target range. I really doubt NGS will be more conservative in the fashion department, especially if cosmetics transfer over.

@Archetype-Luna Oh I know its a hopeless power struggle with the community to keep any decency anymore when it comes to "Satisfaction" I just remember when MMOs used to encourage the community to come together to solve issues; now its just a bunch of crying of "I didn't like" or "I hate this" " X player is doing Y and because I'm such an asshole in life, I'm going to be offended by Z" This constant game of cat and mouse, and the fact that the younger generations are wanting to call foul all because those of us who been there from the beginning want to make sure that with NGS we actually have the chance to make this the "mature" audience that FFXIV has. I HARDLY notice any foul play other than RMTs in FFXIV the outfits are always so tastefully done; Square had the right idea when it came to certain mechanics, I can only hope that Sega will take the hint and actually give the selected communities in this game that prefer fetishes and selfless sex acts a dose of reality.

Japan may allow this due to their culture; but for the love of GOD they need to leave it out of NA or at least follow the laws in this country for a change. Not everything in JPN is allowed here in the US. Yet oh lets give them outfits that basically give the girls their camel toe and distract the over hormonal boys that play this a way to think women can be "objectified" or worse.

All I know is if I do decide to even attempt playing PSO2 on a more full time basis until NGS rolls around I may end up just playing content on my own; I have yet to really see a true community come together and actually ACT like a gaming family for a change. We all preach about how we are tolerant and how much you accept people in the recruitments but to be honest there are just some dynamics that need to be controlled even in NGS.

I am just sick of all the dam drama that goes on and having yourself and other players being criticized over what independent thought or the fact they may disagree with something this Thread along the others in General have NO place in this community if you cant discuss it as a dam adult.

While I may speak harshly; i am attached to the game and its players despite how borderline Pedobearish/Furry/Otaku/Yaoi/Shoushen they may act. Its time we make threads and discussions and get to the bottom on what is slowly poisoning our community. Cry all we want but nothing is going to change unless we start backing each other up.

@PhantasyStar719 I have no issues of having NA and JP versions being different, I once made the mistake of trying to match NA with JP - was my mistake, and I solved it by going back to JP. I too am looking forward to NGS and hoping it to do well.

I play FFXIV also and still an active raider there, but I would hardly consider it more mature. Having a subscription model would sure turn away some kids with no income but c'mon, the outrage of female losing their "curves" from 1.0 into ARR are still being brought up as question during live letters and fanfests. The huge backlash of them "nerfing" 2B's outfit, the mass "give us our butts back" rage made SE revert to its original state. And every few month the thread asking for male sliders for their privates pops up. Or the table banging when Viera and Hrothgar are gender locked, how many of those "I'm going to quit the game" threads popped up. I'm from Balmung, that might be the problem - the Quicksands in Ul'dah is everything you listed that you hate in PSO2 packaged into FFXIV. And OMG what people try to do with Lalafells, the child looking race. But in the end, we just learn to enjoy the game regardless.

I am just sick of all the dam drama that goes on and having yourself and other players being criticized over what independent thought or the fact they may disagree with something this Thread along the others in General have NO place in this community if you cant discuss it as a dam adult.

I agree, I try to avoid personal attacks and try to argue the facts. I can lose myself sometimes when insults starts to fly, "JP whiteknight", "too lazy to grind again", "never put time into the game", "NA players that plays JP -insert word here-". It's like you MUST love the NA server or you're invalid

@PhantasyStar719 said in So months of the game deleting itself and we hear nothing, SG is harder to get with no transparency, but the Fresh Finds items are resellable and the shop is disabled in 10 minutes.:

@Archetype-Luna Oh I know its a hopeless power struggle with the community to keep any decency anymore when it comes to "Satisfaction" I just remember when MMOs used to encourage the community to come together to solve issues; now its just a bunch of crying of "I didn't like" or "I hate this" " X player is doing Y and because I'm such an asshole in life, I'm going to be offended by Z" This constant game of cat and mouse, and the fact that the younger generations are wanting to call foul all because those of us who been there from the beginning want to make sure that with NGS we actually have the chance to make this the "mature" audience that FFXIV has. I HARDLY notice any foul play other than RMTs in FFXIV the outfits are always so tastefully done; Square had the right idea when it came to certain mechanics, I can only hope that Sega will take the hint and actually give the selected communities in this game that prefer fetishes and selfless sex acts a dose of reality.

Going to say this now, as someone who plays FFXIV, it has similar issues. For example, people argue about healer dps all the time. Not even FFXIV is immune to the fan service issue you are complaining about. There are plenty of glamours that show off skin, that people will parade around in. And don't even get me started on ERP.

Japan may allow this due to their culture; but for the love of GOD they need to leave it out of NA or at least follow the laws in this country for a change. Not everything in JPN is allowed here in the US. Yet oh lets give them outfits that basically give the girls their camel toe and distract the over hormonal boys that play this a way to think women can be "objectified" or worse.

I doubt any of the outfits in the game break any laws. Fan service is nothing new and there are probably far worse offenders than PSO2. Honestly, if Sega removed the revealing costumes, there will probably be a giant backlash over censorship. We'd probably see more complaints than we do now. Again, PSO2 really should be re-rated as M. The devs in Japan likely design the game based around the CERO rating the game has in Japan and not the ESRB rating it has in NA. I rather the game just get the rating bumped up than have to censor things.

All I know is if I do decide to even attempt playing PSO2 on a more full time basis until NGS rolls around I may end up just playing content on my own; I have yet to really see a true community come together and actually ACT like a gaming family for a change. We all preach about how we are tolerant and how much you accept people in the recruitments but to be honest there are just some dynamics that need to be controlled even in NGS.

I avoid personal attacks and aim more at debating on whether an issue is actually an issue. I do admit that I get really irked when I see things like "JP white knight." I doubt you'll see an entire MMO community come together and act like a gaming family. Not even in FFXIV do I see that happening with the overall population. That sort of thing really only happens within smaller and more enclosed groups like guilds from my experience.

While I may speak harshly; i am attached to the game and its players despite how borderline Pedobearish/Furry/Otaku/Yaoi/Shoushen they may act. Its time we make threads and discussions and get to the bottom on what is slowly poisoning our community. Cry all we want but nothing is going to change unless we start backing each other up.

Right now, for me, the biggest issue that Sega can solve is the monetization issue with SG. I haven't really ran into an issue with the sexualized outfits in the game. Maybe I am biased as I am friends with people who really enjoy the lewd outfits. However, they actually do play the game and enjoy it for its game play in addition to the fashion. I don't think they are poisoning the community in anyway; they just enjoy it in their own way.

@PhantasyStar719 said in So months of the game deleting itself and we hear nothing, SG is harder to get with no transparency, but the Fresh Finds items are resellable and the shop is disabled in 10 minutes.:

Japan actually has a strict "no genitalia" rule. It's very clear about it and not based on feelings of the day.

Since its a very clear line, they can get close to it as much as possible.

Gah, ok, so this ended up being a lot longer than I thought...

Having played MMO's for a couple of decades now, I can say this: If you want family type groups that are tight in the game, you have to rewind time back to the late 90's early 2000's when Everquest was the main MMO out there. WoW blew MMO's out of the water, but it also killed the tight knit communities that EQ had, and since then everyone else has pretty much followed their model as it makes them more money (EQ was the #1 MMORPG out there for a long time and it peaked at about 500k? subscribers... WoW peaked at what? 15? 20 million? and still hasn't even had anyone come close to knocking it off it's throne).

As for the "sexualization" of outfits, we won't even get started there. This game is pretty tame compared to others I have played. Tera is horrid for it's lollicons and ERPers. Never played any of the FF MMO's so I have no clue on their communities, but I've played so many others that I have to go through them all in my head to count them (it's definitely over 20). From US, China, Korea, Russia, and Japan. They're all about the same as far as the communities go. You get your group of pervs, and you get your group of "omg, I can see buttcheeks, ban it!" groups. However, the majority will always fight against any form of censorship. And in a system of majority rules that even those living in the U.S. have to deal with, you just have to grin and bear it, or go find something else to play. Personally I play female characters because all their outfits just in general look cooler than the male outfits, in almost any game (WoW and Everquest were exceptions to that, but the only ones that were, in my opinion). Someone tries to make a comment about my char that's sexual in nature I just ignore them or don't acknowledge the comment and it's dropped. If it's not, they go on a block list and end of story. You want to talk about objectifying of women? Video games are probably one of the lesser offenders. Music today that's popular is way worse about it.

@majikero truth 🙂 though their laws are still a tiny bit more lax in that area than ours. but only to a point, in other ways they are a lot more strict. but that's a lot of fine details that don't really need to be gone over, fact is, they're very strict on the no genitalia rule, and no public company is going to go against that as the punishments for it can be rather severe comparatively.

As for the SG issue, it is an issue. I spend a good chunk on ac tickets and such because I can and don't really have much else to spend my money on to be honest. But that's me. And I'm just 1 person out of how many thousand? While I can afford just about anything I want in the game as such, that's just a very small number of us compared to the population. The majority in any game is going to be the casual players. And right now, this game isn't overly friendly for casual players to actually compete in any way with the "whales" like myself. I'm hoping EP4 release next week will help a lot with the SG issues, but won't know until it hits in the next few days. The personal shop thing I think is a bit much though, but it's the same on JP from my understanding, the only real difference between there and here as to what costs RL cash, is the pricing (never played JP, but reading everything on the forums points to such).

And prices for outfits are climbing rather high. Most the male outfits these days are even going for 250-300k at minimum if they still have SG on them. Female outfits I haven't seen below 500k lately (actually most of them are 1mil+ from the recent scratch and the scratch prior - Ship1). Inflation eventually hits every game the longer it's out, but this goes a bit beyond that because of the SG issue. And with Ep4 SG going to be a bit more important for the material storage alone. And currently there's no way to reset skill trees outside of an ac/sg combo that's actually semi-expensive to do since the SG cost is about 200 SG to pull it off (i've done it a few times on different characters now due to messing them up pretty bad at the start, since I never read forums, I just went with what looked good on paper, the actuality of them though was a bit different). But how many people can do that? Not many. A lot of people that have messed up their skill trees are pretty much stuck with them until an actual reset token of some kind is released, and even then, depends on what it costs to get it.

Regardless, the current model for SG isn't great for the majority and I agree it should really be addressed. As for all other topics in here... stop trying to derail the thread and go start your own 😛 lol