Game Still deleting it self 7/21 - Information snail pace

I've been playing this game since xbox and I've experienced may things switching over to PC.

None of the fixes you talk about work for more then an month Every time a windows update rolls around it cause problems.

First off Why is this still a problem? Game deleting it self and waiting hours to reinstall. (MAJOR PROBLEM FIX PLEASE) I have friends whom have data caps you are actually costing people money with this JOKE. SEGA/Microsoft You are in it together not he said she said GET it done. You have people making 3rd party clients because you can't solve this problem all your fixes aren't true blue fixes just some half ass means to an end to say we tried. My client when its not deleting it self its forcing me to re-update the launcher..

Second Not many games I've played have had this problem why is it difficult to put information out about event out on time? Also Who thought it was a great idea to give us a Schedule and RANDOM events? Why not just have them listed on the schedule as Random Event?

The short hand for this Please get it together and put information a few days ahead if you cant keep up with the HIGH Demand of releasing information.

I love this game want it to succeed but someone needs to step up.

Came here hoping to find that this issue was fixed by now... Seriously pathetic that it's not. I also started playing on xbox on release day and then switched over to PC. After having the game corrupt itself and having to reinstall at least a dozen times I finally decided to just quit playing after logging over 1000 hours. This might be the most pathetic launch of a game that I've ever seen, and it's already been finished and out in Japan for 8 years. Until they stop shoving AC/SG packs and all that garbage down players throats and actually fix the damn game I won't be back, and it's starting to look like they never will.

I am beginning to think they did this on purpose. This company, I think, is seriously biased or racist as hell. Not even Square-Enix treats it's over seas customers like this and their products are usually always of top quality. Yea there's bugs but they get them fixed for the most part. Sure their customer service stinks, just like every one elses. I think Sega pulled this shit cuz then they could say, "This is why we didn't want to bring the game overseas." or some BS like that and most likely will pull the plug in a year, like they did with their other games. I know how that sounds, but It is what goes through my mind to how bad this is and the shady business practices they are doing with the game. They might as well be a Chinese or Korean company cuz they aren't any different. I expect better from a Japanese company.

idk whats going on i tried launching game and it deleted self and folder game is in says i can't access it. if i have keep reinstalling game going uninstall

It is unfortunate that they chose the windows store as the first official client release for NA, I think most of us can agree on that. As a result, all we can do is wait for the game to be released on another platform.

Until then, you have three options that work:

1. Use the Tweaker (and follow the NA installation directions exactly, fully).
  2. Tweak your windows yourself to prevent this from happening.
  3. Don't play until another platform or vendor release.

Of course many will find this unacceptable, but it is where we are at right now.

Edit: added "vendor" for clarification.

@Bette said in Game Still deleting it self 7/21 - Information snail pace:

It is unfortunate that they chose the windows store as the first official client release for NA, I think most of us can agree on that. As a result, all we can do is wait for the game to be released on another platform.

3. Don't play until another platform release.

Of course many will find this unacceptable, but it is where we are at right now.

PLEASE READ POST BEFORE POSTING about 3rd parties..

wish they just go to steam lot more players lot less hassle

Simple answer is go to microsoft store and click play on the launcher. It will say there was an error and you need to reinstall to repair. Depending on net speed can take up to 3-4 hours to be back in the game.

i think i will give up while ahead if it takes me 5hrs to get game fully running again sadly there is no point in trying

@Redxpanda said in Game Still deleting it self 7/21 - Information snail pace:

@Bette said in Game Still deleting it self 7/21 - Information snail pace:

3. Don't play until another platform release.

PLEASE READ POST BEFORE POSTING about 3rd parties..

I did. Doesn't change your answer.

SEGA really needs to fix this. and yes, it is on SEGA. it is just a matter of how the content is being delivered.

the launcher and NA translation assets are downloaded through the MSStore while the JP base client and update data is downloaded through the launcher. MSStore sees this as the game becoming corrupt and performs a repair operation, which takes freaking longer to complete than just re-downloading the game.

in short, everything needs to be downloaded through the MSStore. that is my best guess. only thing about this, is that the launcher will also need to be updated through the MSStore instead of self-updating. this could be inconveniencing for some people.

the best i can suggest is to give a normal desktop app for the launcher, and have everything else installed through the MSStore.

~

~

also, i really don't recommend anyone using PSO2Tweaker. for me, it creates more problems than it solves. it can also corrupt some files in the OS causing damage to your installation. i had to re-install Windows one time after using PSO2Tweaker. sadly, System Restore wasn't able to help with whatever damage PSO2Tweaker caused.

as such, i would stay far away from things like PSO2Tweaker. on the flip-side... the people over at ARKS Layer DID manage to address one of my concerns. in that being the scripts included with PSO2Tweaker were making unknown changes to the system without user consent.

if still interested, i would carefully read through the scripts they instruct you to use. i couldn't find anything harmful, but still, files and permissions on my OS installation becomes corrupt after using them.

@BLaCKnBLu3B3RRY said in Game Still deleting it self 7/21 - Information snail pace:

SEGA really needs to fix this. and yes, it is on SEGA. it is just a matter of how the content is being delivered.

the launcher and NA translation assets are downloaded through the MSStore while the JP base client and update data is downloaded through the launcher. MSStore sees this as the game becoming corrupt and performs a repair operation, which takes freaking longer to complete than just re-downloading the game.

in short, everything needs to be downloaded through the MSStore. that is my best guess. only thing about this, is that the launcher will also need to be updated through the MSStore instead of self-updating. this could be inconveniencing for some people.

the best i can suggest is to give a normal desktop app for the launcher, and have everything else installed through the MSStore.

~

~

also, i really don't recommend anyone using PSO2Tweaker. for me, it creates more problems than it solves. it can also corrupt some files in the OS causing damage to your installation. i had to re-install Windows one time after using PSO2Tweaker. sadly, System Restore wasn't able to help with whatever damage PSO2Tweaker caused.

as such, i would stay far away from things like PSO2Tweaker. on the flip-side... the people over at ARKS Layer DID manage to address one of my concerns. in that being the scripts included with PSO2Tweaker were making unknown changes to the system without user consent.

if still interested, i would carefully read through the scripts they instruct you to use. i couldn't find anything harmful, but still, files and permissions on my OS installation becomes corrupt after using them.

It can create problems for those who don't install it right. And it can definitely create problems for those who don't read directions. The scripts you are referring to makes it so Windows can see the installation of PSO2 but prevents it from making further changes to the game files (which prevents MS from removing the game from your PC, which is the source of the problem everyone is having). This is the only way to fix it unless you go into the windows store app folder and manually change ownership of the folder to your user name.

As for your own installation of windows becoming corrupt, I can't answer to that but unless you have something really unique about your PC or your windows installation, my guess would be that you didn't follow the directions exactly as intended. Or perhaps you had other processes going on that prevented the process from continuing normally. It could be a great number of things, some user error, some not.

What I do know is that I've installed it on a handful of PC's and it has worked for months flawlessly. I also originally installed it incorrectly on 2 PC's and messed up my windows installation because I didn't run the scripts when I was supposed to and let them run all the way through - I cancelled out of it before the process was complete, so one of my PC's wouldn't even start.

If you don't understand what you are doing, or can't or won't follow the directions exactly as given, then I agree - you should definitely not use Tweaker. And modifying your own Windows store app folder permissions is probably beyond your capability/proficiency.

The only alternative is to either not play, or keep installing through the Windows store every time your game stops working... until Sega releases the client through another vendor and/or platform.

This is most unfortunate because I really enjoy the game myself. I hope Sega comes up with a remedy of their own soon. The source of the issue is the Windows store. And since Microsoft is not likely to change their policy and procedures to accommodate Sega, it's on Sega to find an alternative or fix it themselves. In that respect, yes, it's on Sega.

The Windows store is a dumpster fire and there is a list a mile long of games that break or don't work right through the store, yet they work fine using any other installation method. Windows even acknowledges that it needs a lot of improvements, and they are working on improving it, but that's too little, too late for PSO2.

We need a real solution now.

@Bette

i understand where you are coming from, and know how to do these things. and have been using Windows since at least version 3. in the end i am 100% certain to following directions correctly. installing to the root of the drive and such.

personally? i have never had the game delete itself issue until trying to use PSO2Tweaker to fix the lobby lag issue we had. thankfully SEGA did indeed fix the lobby lag issue, and i no longer have any need for PSO2Tweaker. but with that being said, i did check it out again when they updated the guide and procedure for it. but still same results, file and/or permissions corruption leading to OS failure. i don't know why, it isn't as if the script does anything to anything sensitive enough to warrant re-installing the OS. it is completely inconclusive as of to why my usage of PSO2Tweaker causes an issue in the OS.

and even though i can't find anything in the script that even so much as touches the "WindowsApps" folder, it causes permission corruption there. especially for "Gaming Services" app. the corruption it causes is particularity difficult to fix on Windows version 2004.

furthermore, even though i do everything as guided, installing to the root... Windows will 'fix' any changed permissions making the MSStore believe the data is corrupt.

all-in-all, i still don't experience the self-deleting issue, and have only ever had that issue when trying to use PSO2Tweaker.

~

~

~

i guess there are just those who don't have any initial problem, and are better off avoiding PSO2Tweaker. i don't know.

Blaming MS Windows store outright is just scapegoating. The store has past/present issues, yes. But there is a reason Tweaker came into existence in the first place....the PSO2 launcher had issues in JP. Sega shares a larger portion of the blame here. Even if that's not true, there has been absolutely no updates or communication from the NA team on how this problem is getting resolved.

Luckily for them, a third party software has saved the NA launch for Sega....for now.

@DeadDawg said in Game Still deleting it self 7/21 - Information snail pace:

Blaming MS Windows store outright is just scapegoating. The store has past/present issues, yes. But there is a reason Tweaker came into existence in the first place....the PSO2 launcher had issues in JP. Sega shares a larger portion of the blame here. Even if that's not true, there has been absolutely no updates or communication from the NA team on how this problem is getting resolved.

Luckily for them, a third party software has saved the NA launch for Sega....for now.

Maybe the game has issues beyond the MS Store. I won't debate that, and to be honest, I don't really know. I never played the JP version and I don't know much about the issues that existed before the NA release.

It could be that the source of the problem is the game itself, and MS Store is just removing from my PC what it sees as a problem.

I don't know, and I really don't care. What I do know is that there's a break in the chain of service somewhere, and it needs to be identified and fixed.

Sega will be releasing the game through more vendors and platforms, so we'll find out soon enough if the problem can and will be fixed by Sega, and if problems still linger with certain vendors or not, afterwards.