Cross Platform

What platforms can be crossed for PSO2, now? I checked a few months ago & found that only Xbox 1 & pc could cross. I have an Xbox 1, but really want to play w/ friends who have a PS4.

PSO2 NA is only available on Xbox and PC Win10 version right now.

They have announced "other PC platforms" on the recent roadmap - people assume its Steam.

No timeline for PS4 or Nintendo Switch if they plan to release these on NA, but they have these versions running on JP.

@HarmlessSyan said in Cross Platform:

No timeline for PS4 or Nintendo Switch if they plan to release these on NA, but they have these versions running on JP.

Note that there's no native Switch version on JP, it's a cloud/streaming version only, which makes it harder to bring it to the west than the PS4 version.

@Ezodagrom said in Cross Platform:

@HarmlessSyan said in Cross Platform:

Note that there's no native Switch version on JP, it's a cloud/streaming version only, which makes it harder to bring it to the west than the PS4 version.

To add to the uncertainty of the Switch 'version' of PSO2, this style of service is present for many other games in Japan... Square lets players play Final Fantasy XIII and many other on smartphones via Cloud streaming, Ubisoft got Assassin's Creed Odyssey released on Switch in Japan exclusively via Cloud streaming, and lastly there's Resident Evil VII Cloud on Switch which, you guessed it, is a Cloud streamed service and in fact is run by the same company running PSO2 Cloud.

What do all these games have in common? They have a sizable fanbase and popularity in the West that far surpasses PSO2 and yet Western infrastructure to support the kinds of bandwidth and speed for Cloud gaming is so far behind that none of these companies want to even risk doing this in the West... so what chance does PSO2 Cloud have...?

@Leonkh99 Remember when the cable companies said Net Neutrality was what was getting in the way of the fiber optic infrastructure but now that it's repealed we still haven't seen much progress because they're still acting like 5G is superior? Meanwhile Japan's government subsidized the whole thing.

@Mattwo7 said in Cross Platform:

@Leonkh99 Remember when the cable companies said Net Neutrality was what was getting in the way of the fiber optic infrastructure but now that it's repealed we still haven't seen much progress because they're still acting like 5G is superior? Meanwhile Japan's government subsidized the whole thing.

I wouldn't know, I live in Australia where we already have our own different kind of issues with networking speed. Given that PSO2 apparently is planned to launch here at some point... that makes PSO2 Cloud even MORE unlikely...

@Leonkh99 What sort of issues? Looks like the government rolled out their own fiber optic network over there themselves instead of just subsidizing it like Japan did.

@Mattwo7 Things are improving slowly but there are still many parts of the country where you have to deal with limited data plans and slow access speed. Our average network speed is still one of the slowest in the world...

@Plasma-Katana said in Cross Platform:

What platforms can be crossed for PSO2, now? I checked a few months ago & found that only Xbox 1 & pc could cross. I have an Xbox 1, but really want to play w/ friends who have a PS4.

As far As I know it's only Xbox and PC, steam may come eventually, and maybe even PS4 after 1 year exclusive to xbox, that is usually how it works

@pso2blah said in Cross Platform:

As far As I know it's only Xbox and PC, steam may come eventually, and maybe even PS4 after 1 year exclusive to xbox, that is usually how it works

You forgot about Epic Games

@Leonkh99 said in Cross Platform:

@Mattwo7 Things are improving slowly but there are still many parts of the country where you have to deal with limited data plans and slow access speed. Our average network speed is still one of the slowest in the world...

Have a friend who lives in Perth, they pretty much detailed that they are lucky enough to get something similar to 56k speeds for near equal to $60.00 (US) a month just for internet, and she has a limit cap per month as well if she goes over (even a little bit) gets additional heafty charges thrown at her.

@Viola-Lance said in Cross Platform:

@Leonkh99 said in Cross Platform:

Have a friend who lives in Perth, they pretty much detailed that they are lucky enough to get something similar to 56k speeds for near equal to $60.00 (US) a month just for internet, and she has a limit cap per month as well if she goes over (even a little bit) gets additional hefty charges thrown at her.

She blames it all on the Emu war, which was an interesting google.

I'm not really sure why Epic would want it though, it's already free and wouldnt be exclusive

I'm not really sure why Epic would want it though, it's already free and wouldnt be exclusive

Plus, SEGA doesn't have a presence on the Epic Game Store, not a single game of theirs is there. Steam and MS Store has always been their main PC platforms.

@pso2blah @Leonkh99 "Platforms" is plural. Epic is literally the only other one that makes even the slightest bit of sense. What other platform could they possibly mean?

Besides, Epic not only got Civ 6 long after it released but also gave it away for free for a short while. Just because Epic and 2K are business partners doesn't mean Epic had to accept the game on their platform. It doesn't even use Unreal...