Should I Charge Zondeel?

Title says it all. Is there a benefit to charging Zondeel, or does it work similarly when used uncharged? Which is better for mobbing with zondeel + wand smack combo?

Yes. "The uncharged field lasts for about 1.5 seconds, has a smaller suction radius, and the suction is a bit weaker. The charged field lasts about 3 seconds."

https://pso2.arks-visiphone.com/wiki/Lightning_Techniques

Lately I've found sidestepping around and dropping several uncharged zondeels has been helpful in gathering up a spread pack of enemies.

Could just be me, though.

@Furious said in Should I Charge Zondeel?:

Lately I've found sidestepping around and dropping several uncharged zondeels has been helpful in gathering up a spread pack of enemies.

Could just be me, though.

I find this way more effective, too. Charging takes too long in the majority of our content where everything dies in a single hit. I've also heard that jumping while casting it can speed up the suction effect (a hidden "feature" of lightning spells in this game seems to be enhanced effects when cast in the air), but you can miss smaller mobs if you do this.

I love zondeel, I do, but the two things that would absolutely make it amazing to me would be

1. Increase the horizontal pull range. Annoying not pulling down things a foot over your head.

2. More range! But only because I'm greedy.