A mini game that involves raising, training, and caring for a Chao. There is already a lot of content that can be implemented from the Sonic games. The mini-game itself can be accessed from the main menu or a quick check menu from in game via Visiphone. You can be in game and check the progress on the Chao and it's needs. I think it would be really fun to have and you can use it as a way to help pass time between maintenance's. As stated in a discussion post. "Like how FFXI had Triple Triad mini-game."
With a lot of popularity returning to the sonic franchise of late I think this would make a fine addition to PSO2. A few features that could be implemented that I can think of off the top of my head are:
- Chao Crafting, besides having your Chao's being able to scavange and share crafting components with you. The more they they find and the hard the work they can unlock special room crafting goods only available through the mini game.
- Chao Adventure, You can send your Chao's out on an mini venture to look for treasures, fight some enemies, or just to spend time traveling about.
- Chao Arena, A place where Chao's can compete with other Chao's in their own private mini games. The player would have no control over this and would all be based on your Chao's own stats and experience.
- Chao Bonding, A smaller feature that can increase your Chao's mood and feelings for you. You can take it with you on a stroll around the ships or bring it with you on missions to further increase the bond. Using this feature you can give a small increase to everything your Chao does. The stronger the bond the more likely your Chao's will have Great Success in everything they do. Be it from Training, Adventures, or even the Arena.
- My home is your home, While your Chao's aren't actively doing anything while you are in game. You can bring the Chao's to your room to laze around and eat all your sweets. I think this would be nice to have for sure. Players can use Chao Bonding and bring their Chao's to your room for a playdate.
- Chao School, Something that has been used in the Sonic games but this will be a different version. Think of it as a Veteran ARK training Recruits. The school will be much like that. More experience Chao's be it another players or your own can be assigned as teachers for the school to provide small boosts to your Chao they longer they are there. You can set up mutiple schooling sessions per day. Short school day the classes last only an hour, average school day the classes last for 3 hours, and long school day the classes last for 6 hours. The longer the school day the more significant the boost. This will require the teacher and student Chao's to attend so you will not have access to them during these times.
- Chao Gift, The Chao's have worked hard and would like to bestow something to you for raising them. These can be small boosts to stats, exp, rdr, or meseta. The gifts scale based on the bond with the Chao and are recieved at the same time as the daily log in. The boosts can last based on Bond as well. Having minimum bond being 30 minutes and maximum bond being 3 hours.
This is all I can think of for now. Sorry for the wall of text but I feel like this should really be a thing. There is so much content that this can add to PSO2 and having a mini-game that you can play while server is in maintenance can help pass the time. You can even implement multi gardens where you can go and chill with other players as your Chao's while waiting for the game. If you guys have anything else to add or want to support this then please make a post. I would love to see all the support possible for this to happen.