Mining Base: Despair Campaign

Any ideas on how to complete this mission 15 times by August 4th to get the SG and emote? That’s twice a day for The next week or once a day for the entire campaign. I’ve only done it 4 times so far in a week. It only comes up once a day if lucky and for those of us who work and have families, we can’t sit by the game and hope to catch it or even adjust work schedules around the listed times. I understand there is a trigger for it, but I’m not into having a lot of friends on the game , so if I trigger the quest there is no way to complete it unless I get 8-12 random people to join. And that’s just 1 completion. Please advise and TIA.

@Juletones76 said in Mining Base: Despair Campaign:

Any ideas on how to complete this mission 15 times by August 4th to get the SG and emote? That’s twice a day for The next week or once a day for the entire campaign.

You've pretty much answered your own question there...?

There are three points that should help extend that answer though:

1. There is generally an Urgent Quest schedule posted on the website, which you can use to plan attendance for Mining Base: Despair (called Mining Base 3 within the game). However the schedule is posted on Wednesdays and only reaches the next Monday, so for a brief time we cannot see the schedule. Here is the latest schedule, which has no more Mining Base windows but is missing Tuesday (tomorrow). Toward the end of Wednesday's maintenance we'll be able to see the schedule for the next two weeks.

2. Mining Base 3/Despair generally takes 25 minutes to complete on XH. This means if you get a 12-person game to start quickly enough, you can finish the quest with about 4 minutes to spare, which is enough time to get into a second 12-person game that window.

3. We know boss HP on SH is often higher than it is meant to be. This may also be the case on Mining Base 3; if so it would be faster to run XH than SH which would help with point 2 above.

By the way, as your post does not mention it: It is important to remember that you don't just need to complete the quest. You must get an S rank on it as well.

This means the combined total of all of the bases' health must be at least 80%. In order words no base can be destroyed, and all bases must be in good health. Provided enough positive crystals are collected, every player in the game can repair bases 3 times; it is a good idea to save these until the last wave.

It would not be hard to get 8-12 random people to join for it. Ask in your Alliance and if that fails ask in 001, 002, 042, and 069. Should not be hard to find people during afternoon/evening hours there.

This is a really good post on how to make the most of your Mining Base runs. If you're struggling with getting S rank or don't know the UQ very well, give it a read.

Communication goes a long way, and same as it is with any new or difficult UQ, you'd be surprised how much of a difference it makes to just stop and tell people what to do. Don't be rude or pushy about it, but sometimes people genuinely don't know about how certain parts of the run work or how to get S rank. It takes only a few seconds to say "rank is decided by base HP, please remember to heal the bases" at the start of the run. Some people are going to appreciate the info, and it's to everyone's benefit that everyone in the run knows what they need to do for S rank.

I've also taken to keeping an eye on base HP as I go, and if I see a base at <80% or so I'll shout in area chat something like "white base needs heals". Nearly every time I've done that it's followed by a rush of people running over to use their heals on the base. You can't always see each individual base's HP, so even if you know healing is important it can be handy to have someone pointing out which ones need heals the most at that moment.

Since upping my communicative game I've had nothing but S-rank scores in 4 super smooth runs in a row, all random pubs, so I'd say it pays off.

@BlueFlewQueen said in Mining Base: Despair Campaign:

Since upping my communicative game I've had nothing but S-rank scores in 4 super smooth runs in a row, all random pubs, so I'd say it pays off.

Yeah. The thing I've found that helps the most is letting everyone know they all get up to 3 repairs, barriers and AISs and it doesn't consume points so it's always better for them to use them than not.