Is there any actual progress on getting the various hacking tools to be banned?

@Ezodagrom Tatchu is the author of the video you linked, a very well known and good TA player. And that's with weapons we don't have in NA and is still 15 seconds slower than rushia's time, but I'm glad OP said he actually records his runs so I gotta say I am looking forward for the video with his godlike clear 🙂

@Noko8245 Ah, I wasn't understanding your previous post. ^^;

The tatchu video was from when the JP version lacked the current mobility options, for example, dashing on NA now using asagiri (morning mistreaver) would be faster than using guren (flash of the lotus) back then.

Currently NA also has far stronger weapons than what JP had back then, but it's lacking technic crafting, PP battery weapons (such as orbit), and elysion for stronger non-charged techs (though I guess the high raw power of nemesis/slave would be enough to surpass it?). So I would like to see how top NA players run the amduskia TA solo.

is slightly unrelated, but Rushia did upload his current solo TA time for amdu ranking https://www.twitch.tv/videos/682408513

I've seen the same people constantly get really sus fast time on solo leaderboard these past weeks, and don't think any one of them have videos of their own

the tools being used in NA would work on version of PSO2 (might require a little alteration) because the game relies on nProtect/Gameguard to prevent client-sided shenanigans.

Bypasses for those styles of anti-cheat tools were made a long time ago, most games developer for the NA audience use tools that are a lot more adaptive to detecting client interference and will dish out auto-bans.

A F2P game releasing in NA is going to get the attention of tool-makers because it is risk-free for them, there is no buy-in. They either need to take a more active role in banning/removing hacked times on rankings or license a tool with more adaptive security (not gonna happen since the plan is to manage it alongside the JP version).

I don't assume anyone is legit on the TA leaderboard without video proof. It's so easy to use the trainer and scuff up times. It'll never get fixed. It's been around for ages.

@Ezodagrom that 4 min run looks like the best run of his life...i tried with braver and cant get even close...having 3 ppl with the exact same score does look kinda strange ya....but who knows maybe its legit...maybe thats the exact time of you doing a perfect run....but thanks for the video gave me new ideas on how to squeeze in a better score for myself

@JuggernautGTX The video I linked is based on old class balancing. More stuff is possible nowadays, and on JP especially crazy runs are possible now:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uHu8NXJLzYM

@Berry Very cool 👍

Now I wonder when the 2:36 in my ship will up a video too.

I really hope they do something about this. I'm not very good myself or anything, but it's not exactly motivating when you see people hacking times / scores that simply aren't possible, or they're taking spots from you that they shouldn't.

The challenge rankings are really funny, so many people have good decision scores, yet bad strike scores, even though strike is the easier quest to score high on. Something fishy here!

To be fair it's same on ship 3 some of the times im like what the actual fuck how and I'm quite well geared even on the box ranking as well even though I manged to beat them a few weeks back.

To be honest I have not even seen these tool's presented anywhere so i dont know how they obtained them unless from a mate who play's JP as but people will be people and cheat not much we can do, also please just dont report people unless you have proof I play legit and gotten a few 1st spots and not uploaded a video.

I linked the site below i Use which helps me plan routes incase others are interested but it took some practice

https://ohpso2.fandom.com/wiki/Time_Attacks

@Blackichan08 said in Is there any actual progress on getting the various hacking tools to be banned?:

To be honest I have not even seen these tool's presented anywhere so i dont know how they obtained them unless from a mate who play's JP as but people will be people and cheat not much we can do, also please just dont report people unless you have proof I play legit and gotten a few 1st spots and not uploaded a video.

It's very easy to google to find a painfully obvious website that distributes it. I wont get into anymore detail in fear of getting banned for mentioning it, but lets just say it's very easy to find the "trainer".

Last time I checked Harukotan Time Attack SH, the shortest time cleared by 4 people was less than 15 seconds in Ship 2.

I don't buy that one bit, and honestly that should be looked over.

@Andross always figured that was too painfully obvious to be legitimate.

Bizarre that it could survive for so long.

The NA version and the JP version are using the exact same client - The only difference is that NA is set to build as 64-bit, and JP is built as 32-bit. All clients (SEA, TW, TH, JP, NA, Xbox, PS4, and VITA) are built from the same code, with flags to change things like language and button display based on what it's running on. The NA client also has language selection enabled, and simply toggles between using language 0 (Japanese) or language 1 (English) in the text files. The SEA client had both languages in their files as well, but did not allow you to use the Japanese language.

Any tools (hacking or otherwise) that worked on JP needed to be recoded (to various degrees) to work on NA.

@Andross said in Is there any actual progress on getting the various hacking tools to be banned?:

@Blackichan08 said in Is there any actual progress on getting the various hacking tools to be banned?:

It's very easy to google to find a painfully obvious website that distributes it. I wont get into anymore detail in fear of getting banned for mentioning it, but lets just say it's very easy to find the "trainer".

yeah bro dont risk it 🙂 but even looking at some peoples vids today i see them magic press the switches in 2 secs e.g. the lillpa switch's that you have to smash the action button from someone on na as current he even uploaded a vid and said it's a macro lmao click's it once and it's already finished this was current na btw.

Dont worry even though i'm EU and NA wont take that kinda stuff though so i wont be surprised that something happens with this to them down the line and will it really be worth it for them 200SG