Is there any actual progress on getting the various hacking tools to be banned?

I've been told that the NA client is just a modified SEA client which also means ALL of the hacking tools that worked for SEA works in NA (hint: way more hacking tools than JP).

I get it that the majority of people don't care because of "MUH SG", and because NO ONE does rankings, but it's starting to get REAL OBVIOUS now. (No I am not talking about Rushia. He actually records his runs).

Yes, I do report said players, but that isn't going to stop new people from cheating.

To give an idea/example of what for others who might be skeptical... Just watch the mini map.

https://youtu.be/CEC6xzKpgDU?t=52

As to battle it, probably report it across all areas. Probably best advice from another thread I recently saw...

@Ranmaru said in Encountered a toxic player who has threatened to get his alliance to mass report me for no reason?:

I hope you report him for harassment. Also, read this thread: Support Ticket Guide. Report them through there as well, and also go to their gamercard, and report them through there. Cover your bases, and I hope all goes well.

Also, if you're able to provide videos/screenshots with reports, it does help them out and possibly speed up the process. I would refrain from using videos as direct naming and shaming on forums (would lead to you being in more hot water than that of the actual offender being outed) unless used as examples of what types of different hacks within recent times (days / week or two ago).

Though not as common as say the Mes Bots, if left unchecked will open up newer flood gates of problems. As well, I am sure they have similar policies like the other major companies (i.e: Square, Blizzard, Bethesda, NCSoft etc.) and do not share if a person/player has been punished. So, it is a waiting game and hope things work out and those offending get swift bans.

@Reilet said in Is there any actual progress on getting the various hacking tools to be banned?:

I get it that the majority of people don't care because of "MUH SG", and because NO ONE does rankings, but it's starting to get REAL OBVIOUS now. (No I am not talking about Rushia. He actually records his runs).

I assume you are talking about shenanigans in TA rankings?

@Vashzaron

It's in CM rankings as well. As an avid follower and player of CM during and still in the JP side, the highest scores are the following:

• 4 man: 539X
  • 3 man: 5367
  • 2 man: 5346
  • 1 man: 5302

But here you'll see stuff like 2 man 5366 scores, and that is a difference of 312 seconds (5.2 minutes) compared to the best in JP.

It's even more obvious because their respective Mission: Strike scores aren't even 139XX or very low 139XX. (In which, the highest score is 1402X).

Yeah, TA rankings are kinda fudged too with pretty sus scores, like sure is convenient with scores like these

alt text

And as of writing the CM2 scores have both a trio and a duo score that is currently impossible to achieve with the amount of players running it. It is kinda funny that their CM1 scores is kinda bad but still, how has nothing been done about it?

I am horribly confused as to why we are using a modified version of the SEA Client. SEA never even made it to episode 6 right?

@Archetype-Luna said in Is there any actual progress on getting the various hacking tools to be banned?:

I am horribly confused as to why we are using a modified version of the SEA Client. SEA never even made it to episode 6 right?

It's just word-of-mouth in this thread if it's true about the client, but SEA did end even before episode 3.

@MisterJaySnek said in Is there any actual progress on getting the various hacking tools to be banned?:

@Archetype-Luna said in Is there any actual progress on getting the various hacking tools to be banned?:

It's just word-of-mouth in this thread if it's true about the client, but SEA did end even before episode 3.

Yeah, I am really questioning that idea. Because our client has some balancing stuff from episode 6 right? It would really be strange to use the SEA client. I think it is more likely that things were kind of haphazardly put together for NA. Highly possible that covid may have also affected the development of the client; Japan wasn't ready to switch to remote working from what I heard.

The NA Client is re-coded into 64bit which takes a ton of work. SEA and JP are 32bit clients so Tools for SEA and JP will not work for NA unless re-coded. If you just "heard" something then don't try to act like it's truth unless you verify the info or the source is reliable.

Sorry to disappoint you, but the JP hacking tools has already been working in NA.

I know a couple of people on your TA 'sus' list who are (irl brothers) and are xbox only (played with them in the xbox beta, don't think they even own PCs) - is it possible that there may be some type of exploit w/ xbl / pso2's setup that consolers can exploit? I don't know how much using something like a lag switch or "strike pack" would be able to explain the video from mining base, but maybe the high CM/TA scores? At this point I'm just curious to know... thanks!

@Berry said in Is there any actual progress on getting the various hacking tools to be banned?:

Yeah, TA rankings are kinda fudged too with pretty sus scores, like sure is convenient with scores like these

alt text

If those are the party rankings, I think it's possible those times may be legit?

For example, here's a video from the JP version 4 years ago, an Amduskia SH TA solo run in less than 4 minutes (back when there were less mobility options than even the current NA version):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xzMCauxGPOY

Though, I dunno what's possible to do legitly in the NA version at the moment.

@Ezodagrom Can't wait for the video with him beating tatchu with 15 seconds to spare without having access to the same weapons 🙂

Only waiting for the ranking to cycle, right?

@Ezodagrom Those are the solo leaderboards. Ship 2 cm2 rankings also has some of those people posting impossible scores with a trio/duo party. (For awhile now too, even)

@Noko8245 said in Is there any actual progress on getting the various hacking tools to be banned?:

@Ezodagrom Can't wait for the video with him beating tatchu with 15 seconds to spare without having access to the same weapons 🙂

Only waiting for the ranking to cycle, right?

Tatchu? 15 seconds?

@Berry said in Is there any actual progress on getting the various hacking tools to be banned?:

@Ezodagrom Those are the solo leaderboards. Ship 2 cm2 rankings also has some of those people posting impossible scores with a trio/duo party. (For awhile now too, even)

Ah, then yeah, those 3 having the same exact time on the solo ranking is pretty suspicious.