Just have fun! Give it a year!

Some of us have not even given the game a year before attaching issues of the past to the present. The NA gaming culture (My personal opinion) has developed a habit of looking For the bad before letting the good manifest. Some of us have conditions themselves to hunt for what is wrong rather than amplify what is right.

I don’t think they realize their negative forecast is taking away the nostalgia and anticipation.

I honestly wish people would just enjoy the good stuff in a game and not nit pick over things they just don't like. But unfortunately we now live in times where if people don't get what they want they complain. I played this game for over 8 years, cause I enjoyed almost everything the game had to offer. Sure there were things I didn't like in game, didn't stop me from playing it. The reason for that being if I don't like it I don't have to do it, and just do the stuff I do enjoy.

I am enjoying it, at least. Am preparing for Episode 4 content. Affixed my Ray. Intend on affixing my Nem. Leveling my classes to 75, etc.

I need help affixing units......I just don’t understand it. Fun trying tho!

I can try to help to the best of my knowledge, I am not an expert but at the very least I can show you how I did my 5 slot (I recorded it without mic because I was lazy). Once you get the gist of it, it is more about having the resources, the right recipe, and extreme caution.

This is the main reason I do not post on the forums here. There is more right in this game then wrong. Its fine to give feedback to the developer but the lengths people go out to here in attempt to make others hate the game they still play is mind blowing.

@Penndragon87 said in Just have fun! Give it a year!:

This is the main reason I do not post on the forums here. There is more right in this game then wrong. Its fine to give feedback to the developer but the lengths people go out to here in attempt to make others hate the game they still play is mind blowing.

Right! It won’t be long before they over here posting. They can’t allow a thread of satisfaction to thrive.

Thank you for posting!

Forums are by their nature designed to give feedback and discuss current things happening. This can cover actual events or rumblings in the community itself. I personally don't see the point of getting onto the forum and talking about things that are great. If people are generally having fun with the game there really isn't a reason to visit the forums.

I've not let my problems with the SG scratch change my enjoyment of the game. It's kind of clumsy to assume that others voicing their concerns are not having fun with the game. The wait and see mindset doesn't really help the game anyway. I can give critical feedback about something I dislike and still have an overall enjoyable experience. There isn't mandatory conflict there.

I disagree with that. I think people should post their positive thoughts on the game in the forums. It's fine to voice concerns, but I do believe we should do so objectively. If people only use it to voice concerns, it drains the morale of players, like myself. (I'm biased because I compare it to PSO-World back in the day) At the very least, showing the good alongside the bad, can help us cope in the meantime. I generally don't like to come post here and always be a contrarian. I've noticed myself having to do that more often than not. Yet you are correct in that a person can give feedback while still enjoying the game, on that I agree.

A year of silence from the community and a year of feedback will have vastly different end products. I understand your sentiment; I've been a fan of PSO for the majority of my life and I can forgive a lot, but a year is a lot of time. Apologism has never improved anything, and being critical of a thing you like (I like it as well!) is not being critical of you. If you love the game as much as you do, you should be raising the voices of others who are discontent so they can share in the same joy that you have.

@Ranmaru said in Just have fun! Give it a year!:

I disagree with that. I think people should post their positive thoughts on the game in the forums. It's fine to voice concerns, but I do believe we should do so objectively. If people only use it to voice concerns, it drains the morale of players, like myself. (I'm biased because I compare it to PSO-World back in the day) At the very least, showing the good alongside the bad, can help us cope in the meantime. I generally don't like to come post here and always be a contrarian. I've noticed myself having to do that more often than not. Yet you are correct in that a person can give feedback while still enjoying the game, on that I agree.

I should be clear. I don't think that posting positive things and having discussions about said good things has no place on the forum. My view on the usage of forums is different. I come to video game forums to have critical thinking discussions and to see what other people's perspectives on something is. If I just wanted to have a chill convo about a game i'm enjoying I kinda just do that in voice chat with my group of friends.

I understand your sentiment though. I largely avoided a game called "Warriors Orochi 4" for the longest time despite being a fan of the series simply because it got flooded with negativity. If I were to have any regret about my time on forums it would be if i've ever given anyone a negative impression about a game. I rarely actually dislike a game. I'm only critical about them because I love games. They're much more than just a hobby to me. I fell in love with PSO2 when I saw it many many years ago but I never got into it for specific issues in my life at the time.

All I want is it to be successful in NA. As even PSU despite it's positive reception (from people I know anyway) it didn't get good support and eventually had to get shut down here. I'd rather not see that happen with PSO2 NA. I could very easily hop over to JP servers on my computer. But i'd play it much less.

That's fair. I love PSO2 as well. It's just disheartening to see people being discouraged from posting due to negativity. Which is why I support you making people understand each other, because that will retain any negativity from seeping. My concern is that the forums are being used for voicing concerns, and only that, and not to post as a community. (Notice how some sections are not used as much as general) Yet, I also think GM management could be doing a better job with this as well. For example, I think getting players to focus on daily tasks / accomplishments can help us keep our minds clear. It seems the concerns are mostly what get threads going, or at least, any thread that gets people to argue. The easiest example is 'Ray vs Saiki?', and I'm not saying it's bad to make this thread, just saying that is the type of topic one must make to garner any interest, which reflects what Penndragon said, it feels like people looking to argue, rather than naturally posting. (Although this could also be wrong, but it's still a feeling) Now, this all comes from my different view of forums, I want it to be a place where people just discuss, even with a stranger. (Which is something I'm accustomed to, yet I also discuss things with friends, but not all my friends would be playing PSO2, so it's nice to speak about the game with fellow PSO2 lovers) In the end, I see less concerns being brought up on PSO-World for the JP version with the latest content, so I hope things should be the same for us at the end of the year.

@Knight-Raime said in Just have fun! Give it a year!:

I understand your sentiment though. I largely avoided a game called "Warriors Orochi 4" for the longest time despite being a fan of the series simply because it got flooded with negativity. If I were to have any regret about my time on forums it would be if i've ever given anyone a negative impression about a game. I rarely actually dislike a game. I'm only critical about them because I love games. They're much more than just a hobby to me. I fell in love with PSO2 when I saw it many many years ago but I never got into it for specific issues in my life at the time.

There is a reason why "influencer" (thats how we call them) are sometimes being a huge issue. People are easily manipulated and it does not even take alot for that. This manipulation causes others (who never even got aware of "an issue" before they read about it - not talking about everyone obviously but some) to have their own form of "hate" towards said issue. They instrumentalise said issue to combine it with issues they already have and bring up something totally new (or dig out older ones to explain newly added issues) Some even go mad if they were unhappy with a AC scratch - only because they did not get the stuff they want example: "i spent 100$ on a gacha but did not get the stuff i want...this is a crappy system this is illegal" bla bla - they knew beforehand that there is a possibility of not getting the exact thing they wanted and use their own displeasure in that moment to go on forum or other sites to complain about it and maybe even use -another issue- to jump on that train. I am someone who has it all in game right now - i slack alot and spend most of my time in lobby....there is alot of interesting things to read. It goes as far as people who got a "newly added issue with the game" use actual feedback and suggestion threads to type "hey guys i quit and jp is better" - i mean how does that statement help - it only draws attention - and maybe makes others jump on that train?

This is my opinion: it is completly stupid to leave and advertise to quit a game and moving to another one especially when there is a big update around the corner - but still defending yourself and say "but i care about this game" - if you care you send in your feedback - you keep playing if you love the game and wait patiently for your issue to be dealt with....you dont quit and run for the hills or call the end of the world...things dont change after a week - as somebody mentioned in another thread - it takes time for them since they have to communicate with the devs - and on top of that theres still the corona problem wich should not be an excuse but it has to be mentioned...and multiple posts of the same topic dont help much at all - as a GM himself already mentioned in another thread - it more helps to have 1 topic with said suggestions and to send in feedback directly to the support - they are all being read and collected

To write something nice:

I love in first place that we finally got a western release. Thank you SEGA for at least trying. The game itself is awesome. Also i really like the idea of the mission pass - helps players to get a ton of actually nice goodies to get for free...i mean wich game is throwing free fashion at you at this pace?

I actually agree, I don't think posts mentioning jumping ship are helpful at all, we could certainly do with less of those posts because if a person is moving to JP, there is no need to announce it. Doing so is unhealthy for the game, and shows they are selfish.

Forced positivity is never a good thing. You have to identify the problem if you want to solve it. Shoving it away and forcing a smile doesn't help. This is why mmos always end up as cash grabs. They're always forcing themselves to accept whatever the publisher throws at them. It can be the most unoptimized, p2w, and unfair game, and they'll just make the excuse of they're still having fun in some niche way. So the publisher never fixes anything.

Personally, I don't care either way. I've given up because there will be always be these diehard people propping up bad decisions. I'm not a whale, so I can't really sway anything regardless. I just stick around to laugh at them when they inevitably run themselves into the ground.