Leaders kicking before you can loot...

I always end up just sending untekked weapons to my storage mid-run as those are easy to identify at a glance when I go "now where's the stuff I just picked up over the last few UQ runs?" and that has been enough for most UQs to keep me from having to hold people up trying to pick up all the reds.

Conversely, as painful as it is to me sometimes, I typically try to wait for everyone else to return to gateship before hitting that reset button, and call out to anyone being a bit slow to confirm they aren't just AFK.

@Ranmaru said in Leaders kicking before you can loot...:

To add to that: In between resets, get drink > restock items > send loot to storage before going down to teleporter so that you don't get your storage full after doing multiple runs repeatedly.

You dont have to send it before going down. You can send it even at the teleporter (for those who don't know, you can send to storage from anywhere, through your inventory menu). I usually do it during the 30s countdown, or while waiting if the countdown hasn't started.

I should clarify; the reason I said before you go down is so that when you arrive you are ready to go when you get to the teleporter. It's easier for your party to assume you are taking care of business if you are still in campship. Yet what you said is correct, you can technically do it from anywhere, and even I do so while waiting for the countdown, but doing it in campship is a better habit I think.

lol did you just say "testicular fortitude" 😂 ngl, gonna be hard to sympathize with someone that references another person's genitalia in an insult. Especially since I've been victim of the exact same situation with actual trolls several times haha

Anyway, party leader can always force all members into a new run even while they're looting or not yet on gateship, so I don't see why you were kicked. I've met my fair share of impatient people a while ago, but nowadays in random parties, my party leaders wait for everyone to return to ship before initiating a new sequence.

Unless it's a once-only quest, in which case if it's already completed the party leader can leave without forcing everyone back to lobby, right? lol

Because you can still be forced into a new run, no one should be kicked for being a slow looter. Missing drops because you're not yet used to the menus or forgot to store stuff from the last run is punishment enough imo haha

@MisterJaySnek said in Leaders kicking before you can loot...:

For the record:

-If you leave the party while you are still in the instance, you will be automatically removed from the quest

-If you leave the party while in the lobby or at the gateship exit, nobody else will be affected

-Abandoning quest while being party leader kicks everyone out into the lobby. This can be useful if you have someone AFK in the gateship and you need to switch class or something, just load a new quest and abandon it and they will return to lobby.

And as a PSA:

Always make sure you have plenty of room to loot all the junk ASAP. Dawdling around trying to juggle your storages and deleting items that you know you won't use is absolutely going to get you yanked around by more-prepared party leaders. If you need to spend more than 20 seconds grabbing loot, do not join other parties for your own safety. Also, enable auto-looting of 13+* items!

This is good info to know, this thread had me wondering if I had accidentally booted looters from my party after UQs because I was done looting before them, but I always go into the gate ship and do "leave party and return to block" vs just bailing from inside the instance with abandon, so according to this post that shouldn't be an issue.

PD is a single run UQ with a lot of loot. It is difficult for players with 50 inventory to be able to pick up everything at once.

Yes, while the party leader can leave the party and return to lobby without interfering with anyone else - if they manually kick someone from the party - it forces that person to abandon quest and return to the lobby.

I too have been kicked from PD before I looted everything - but I already looted all the reds, sent a lot to the storage and was in the process of picking up the scraps so I wasn't too upset by it.

For the record:

-If you leave the party while you are still in the instance, you will be automatically removed from the quest

Again: I crashed mid-AQ, inside area 2, while leader, and nobody else was removed from the quest. I expect the game saw it as a disconnect.

I said you will be removed, not the whole party. DCs are treated as leaving party.

I said you will be removed, not the whole party.

Right, you didn't comment on what happened to the rest of the party. I was filling that blank.

Oh another witch hunt post. You're in the wrong for posting the guys entire info instead of going to sega for it and should already be prepared for anything to happen if you join a party. I always go in as a separate party and solo unless I'm with people I know. The fact that youre trying to abuse the system by stating its a banable instance already is sad instead of just going on about your day and just worrying about getting loot in the next pd. Next time be more prepared with inventory space especially if 3 players had already got their loot and finished and you didnt bother to say a word. Thats on you dude not Grim so stop trying to witchhunt people.

This is why, I don't party up much unless I know you really well or I have to. I solve the extra exp/ rare/meseta problem by using boosters

@Albert said in Leaders kicking before you can loot...:

lol did you just say "testicular fortitude" 😂 ngl, gonna be hard to sympathize with someone that references another person's genitalia in an insult. Especially since I've been victim of the exact same situation with actual trolls several times haha

Anyway, party leader can always force all members into a new run even while they're looting or not yet on gateship, so I don't see why you were kicked. I've met my fair share of impatient people a while ago, but nowadays in random parties, my party leaders wait for everyone to return to ship before initiating a new sequence.

Unless it's a once-only quest, in which case if it's already completed the party leader can leave without forcing everyone back to lobby, right? lol

Because you can still be forced into a new run, no one should be kicked for being a slow looter. Missing drops because you're not yet used to the menus or forgot to store stuff from the last run is punishment enough imo haha

to be fair, I have seen leader kicked others for slow looter when it's repeatable mission. However that person took good sweet 5 mins probably leader assumed he is afk. Yeah, and we ended up not able to get 4th run because of that person.

what a mean person, i wouldnt do that, add me