Leaders kicking before you can loot...

@Ultra-Elite said in Leaders kicking before you can loot...:

If you're sympathetic for my loss then why did you kick me?

And no, I was kicked I'd say a good 10 seconds after PD died (I even skipped the cutscene as usual). It doesn't take me that long to loot either so you clearly had some sort of motive. Don't be upset that someone decided to spread your wrong-doings publicly.

I'm not upset in the slightest. I am sorry that you are though, for what it's worth. You're welcome to attempt to "shame me" all you want in the thread. But if you can't accept that it wasn't done maliciously, you are welcome to put in a ticket and I'll be happy to discuss it with a SEGA GM. Again, if you're going to be mad at anyone, direct it at SEGA for designing a really poor party system.

@Grimwald said in Leaders kicking before you can loot...:

And no, I was kicked I'd say a good 10 seconds after PD died (I even skipped the cutscene as usual). It doesn't take me that long to loot either so you clearly had some sort of motive. Don't be upset that someone decided to spread your wrong-doings publicly.

I'm not upset in the slightest. I am sorry that you are though, for what it's worth. You're welcome to attempt to "shame me" all you want in the thread. But if you can't accept that it wasn't done maliciously, you are welcome to put in a ticket and I'll be happy to discuss it with a SEGA GM. Again, if you're going to be mad at anyone, direct it at SEGA for designing a really poor party system.

basically what he said - name shaming is not allowed on the forum hence why you should censor his name at the very least and then ask "how can i report somebody" even tho there is a search function on forum

9ae05dcf-00e6-4961-869b-0312694ee5c7-image.png

doesn really help that guy if ppl are going to avoid him from now on - them thinking that he really did what you claimed

@JuggernautGTX said in Leaders kicking before you can loot...:

@Grimwald said in Leaders kicking before you can loot...:

basically what he said - name shaming is not allowed on the forum hence why you should censor his name at the very least and then ask "how can i report somebody" even tho there is a search function on forum

9ae05dcf-00e6-4961-869b-0312694ee5c7-image.png

doesn really help that guy if it wasn on purpose and ppl are going to avoid him

Yep, I could probably report him for harassment but out of understanding that he's upset due to SEGA's poor design, I won't.

Trying to blame Sega's "terrible party system" won't help you. You know what you did, so stop making excuses.

I think there isn't any reason to post further, and it seems you both are referencing different scenarios so I can't say which is right.

It seems like the person who started this thread is attempting to witch-hunt other players which is against the rules. Clearly, the person he is witch-hunting has already stated it was not done through any malicious means and they are sympathetic for his loss of loot which is written in the posts above.

We should be reporting the person who started the thread instead.

Given that I've accidentally removed someone from my party after doing a run without realizing that leaving the party literally kicks EVERYONE from it if you're the lead, I'm going to side with Grimwald on this one.

PSO2's party system is really friggen stupid in that regard. A leader leaving the party should not disband the entire damned thing, nor should removing a person from the group while they're still inside looting immediately kick them out of the instance.

Either way - lessons were learned. It's not as though PD drops anything of real merit anyways, but regardless, mistakes were made, and the person who made the mistake outright apologized for it. Frankly - the fact that they came to this forum, saw this post, and replied to it apologetically says a hell of a lot more about the situation than what was originally stated.

And as others have said - naming and shaming people is never a good idea, nor is it an acceptable way to go about dealing with in game disputes.

@Grimwald Are you capable of typing "Are you about done looting?" or something? It's not like you can't really communicate. If someone doesn't respond within a minute then sure. But if what you say is true and if what he said is true, you both are at fault.

That said the party system in this game is irritating. Leaving shouldn't disband a party, it should just remove YOU from the quest/party. If a query comes up for people to ready up to do something and someone doesn't ready up or chooses no, they should get left behind (but not booted, they just become without a party).

Legit question, what do you guys do with AFKers that fill up the 4th slot?

@Conenubi701 If someone AFKs, doesn't say they are going to AFK, or takes way too long (they don't really participate at all), I do manually boot them. I'm realistic though. If someone has to AFK to use the restroom, take the dog out, check the oven, answer the door, etc., I know that might take a few minutes. Communication is important though.

@Ciel Yeah, I've kicked people that idle at the warp-in location with Umbra Cane out. I'll wait until the quest is nearly over to kick them.

@Ciel said in Leaders kicking before you can loot...:

That said the party system in this game is irritating. Leaving shouldn't disband a party, it should just remove YOU from the quest/party.

For what it's worth I had the game crash during an AQ a few days ago as leader and it did just remove me while the rest of the party were able to finish the quest fine.

So either the leave party option contains an implicit disband when the leader uses it, or it behaves differently depending on quest type. I expect it's the former.

@Viola-Lance said in Leaders kicking before you can loot...:

Can monkeys surf the net and play online video games to troll the virtual masses? Find out tonight and more on...

alt text

I feel old.

For the record:

-If you leave the party while you are still in the instance, you will be automatically removed from the quest

-If you leave the party while in the lobby or at the gateship exit, nobody else will be affected

-Abandoning quest while being party leader kicks everyone out into the lobby. This can be useful if you have someone AFK in the gateship and you need to switch class or something, just load a new quest and abandon it and they will return to lobby.

And as a PSA:

Always make sure you have plenty of room to loot all the junk ASAP. Dawdling around trying to juggle your storages and deleting items that you know you won't use is absolutely going to get you yanked around by more-prepared party leaders. If you need to spend more than 20 seconds grabbing loot, do not join other parties for your own safety. Also, enable auto-looting of 13+* items!

To add to that: In between resets, get drink > restock items > send loot to storage before going down to teleporter so that you don't get your storage full after doing multiple runs repeatedly.