Open Beta Premium Subscription/Service

While Crossplay is being tested for PC <> Xbox in the Open Beta (We hope) I would like to suggest the ability to be able to subscribe to the premium service of the North American Phantasy Star Online 2. People who subscribe to this service during the Open Beta / etc. could be awarded a title such as "Founder" or "ARKS Founder," which would allow people to show off their dedication to wanting this game since its conception over 7 years ago.

It would be a radical change over offering Founders Packs like other games have once done. Phantasy Star Online 2 isn't a stranger to trying new concepts anyway. The old Matter Board quest system is testament to that back when the game still used it. When can you ever say an MMORPG had a "Quest Tree" system?

If they add it I'll do it. Already planned on getting premium anyways.

I'd do this too! I wouldn't mind if they even called it a Hunter's License again haha

@Hengbok said in Open Beta Premium Subscription/Service:

I'd do this too! I wouldn't mind if they even called it a Hunter's License again haha

Another title could be, "Hunter Licensee" 😛

Oh God, flashbacks to Xbox live back in the Halo 2 days.

@coldreactive @Rantious LOL I actually would like a real official Hunter's License card too actually lol Imagine carrying that around in your wallet haha

I feel like it was a pain with xbox live on the old xbox1

@coldreactive @Rantious LOL I actually would like a real official Hunter's License card too actually lol Imagine carrying that around in your wallet haha

I feel like it was a pain with xbox live on the old xbox1

Why yes, I AM a card carrying communist ARKs. I've got it right here in my walle - hey! Where are you taking me!

@Rantious LOL that is not how I imagined it xD

@coldreactive said in Open Beta Premium Subscription/Service:

People who subscribe to this service during the Open Beta / etc. could be awarded a title such as "Founder" or "ARKS Founder,"

Please no. I don't think this is a good idea. Locking people out of a title permanently just because they didn't buy premium crap would drive away a lot of players. Permanent missables are an absolute nightmare for people with OCD.

@womackcn said in Open Beta Premium Subscription/Service:

People who subscribe to this service during the Open Beta / etc. could be awarded a title such as "Founder" or "ARKS Founder,"

Please no. I don't think this is a good idea. Locking people out of a title permanently just because they didn't buy premium crap would drive away a lot of players. Permanent missables are an absolute nightmare for people with OCD.

That's is a fair point. I know a lot of players who go after titles because they can't stand seeing the list with a bunch of question marks. But they can still do some kind of reward system or make it a title that can't be earned but just added to your title options.

Yea I can agree to this. Was gonna get premium and all the storage anyway.

@The-Question said in Open Beta Premium Subscription/Service:

@womackcn said in Open Beta Premium Subscription/Service:

That's is a fair point. I know a lot of players who go after titles because they can't stand seeing the list with a bunch of question marks. But they can still do some kind of reward system or make it a title that can't be earned but just added to your title options.

In FFXIV, it won't show limited time achievements / etc. in the achievements menu unless obtained, so it would be nice if PSO2 would not show limited time titles/etc. unless you obtained them.

To me seems silly to prevent us " founders" from getting a special tittle/cosmetic item just because a year from now someone with ocd will join the game and that not being able to get the same might upset them.

Decisions should be made in favor of the majority of people not the few, if not being able to get everything bothers someone then they are playing the wrong type of game.

Also remember life is not fair and everyone is NOT entitled to everything.

@Neosolidus12 said in Open Beta Premium Subscription/Service:

To me seems silly to prevent us " founders" from getting a special tittle/cosmetic item just because a year from now someone with ocd will join the game and that not being able to get the same might upset them.

Decisions should be made in favor of the majority of people not the few, if not being able to get everything bothers someone then they are playing the wrong type of game.

Counter point, we can work to make life as fair as possible for all people because we are, after all, playing make believe in a virtual environment that doesn't necessarily subscribe to the same "life is not fair" rules as the real world.

Additionally doesn't your, "in favor of the majority" mentality actually work against you in this case? The "majority" of people who will come to play this game (hopefully) in say 2 years will likely NOT have participated in the CBT/OBT. Making those of us here now effectively the minority in the future.

@Rantious said in Open Beta Premium Subscription/Service:

@Neosolidus12 said in Open Beta Premium Subscription/Service:

Counter point, we can work to make life as fair as possible for all people because we are, after all, playing make believe in a virtual environment that doesn't necessarily subscribe to the same "life is not fair" rules as the real world.

Additionally doesn't your, "in favor of the majority" mentality actually work against you in this case? The "majority" of people who will come to play this game (hopefully) in say 2 years will likely NOT have participated in the CBT/OBT. Making those of us here now effectively the minority in the future.

Hm... lets say that for the sake of argument there are 100 million people in this country eligible to vote, lets say that only 10 million show up to the polls and vote, to win the election a candidate needs 51% of the votes which turns out to be 5.1 million votes or 5.1% of the total population, yet we would still say that the winner would have been elected by the MAJORITY of people because only those that are here and now and decided to cast the ballot matter, anyone not present is irrelevant.

So it would be illogical for current players to be limited based on what someone who is not currently a player think, wants or could want, they are irrelevant.

A year from now there will be a different limited whatchamacallit that the "potential" players of two years from now won't get , so on and so forth the cycle goes.