Some Censorship IS needed in this M rated game.

Well look at this, I am making a counter suggestion. So I am sure some of you saw or even looked at the JP Version of the game. You could in that if you wanted to, make characters that look like twelve year old girls, you could if you wanted to, put them in G-strings, you could if you wanted to, make them do a stripper dance on a chair.

Well, thats all fine in Japan.

Not here.

18 years or older looking women? Sure, thats fine. You may argue "Well I could make them look 16?" But yea its kinda pushing it, these are Japanese character models afterall, they tend to look young to us. Thats fine. But a line has to be made somewhere and in the end, Microsoft along with Sega is censoring what believe is needed so that a wider audience will play. You can slap a M rating on something all you want, you will still have children as young as six years old playing, and considering the game is a F2P model, Microsoft and Sega wants some of that Fortnite money, which mainly, comes from the credit cards of children's parents ages six to sixteen. We need this.

Why do we need this? Well I am sure alot of you saw what happened with PSO and PSU. PSO didnt really sell all that much, thus we never got alot of content. PSU? Same thing even with the subscription fee, not many played it due to content lacking, all the cheating and hacking and so forth, it was not bringing in enough money for Sega to justify translating updates and bringing over all that JP Content.

By allowing them to censor anything parents in the U.S would find unacceptable, it will benefit us all as a whole due to all that money coming from the credit cards of those parents who wants to keep their kids happy. Sega knows this, Microsoft knows this, anyone with basic logic and reasoning skills knows this. Best part? They both know in the end those who want to un-censor stuff will just play the game on PC and Mod cuz only they can see it. Obviously Microsoft and Sega will say Modding is not ok, but we all know the PC playerbase is gonna do it, thus its factored into their decision to censor things.

So my suggestion is, to keep letting them do what they believe is best for the game, to keep at least the Loli stuff out, and censor the more raunchy stuff, because yes, their is some pretty bad stuff in the JP version, its those kinda things that will make any responsible parent go "no, back to Fortnite with you" and delete their kids account along with a uninstall. We cant have that, we need the game to make money here, alot of it, so Sega will be happy, and keep giving us more content. Otherwise the cycle will repeat itself.

Theirs my piece. But its the logical absolute truth. And before you complain about "Well its M rating, parents should not be letting their kids play it regardless" I mean cmon now. Plenty of shooters have the M Rating, parents will still buy their kids the games because for whatever reason, violence is just culturally acceptable here. Women that are 99 percent naked? yea not so much. Lolis that are 99 percent naked? Definitely not.

This topic seems a little vapid. You've not actually commented on anything that's being censored, not posted proof positive that anything is actually being censored, and have failed to substantially prove your point outside of... Well I'm actually not even sure there is a point here other than, "Change is OK." (Which I am fundamentally okay with and actually agree with.)

@Alexandrious947 said in Some Censorship IS needed in this M rated game.:

PSO didnt really sell all that much, thus we never got alot of content.

Ok boomer.

This is a pretty long and meandering op to basically say "keep at least the Loli stuff out, and censor the more raunchy stuff." Is this what you're asking for? could you please be more specific as to what you want censored? So, I can determine if I want to support it. Edited to make myself and my post more relevant and clear.

@Chal said in Some Censorship IS needed in this M rated game.:

This is a pretty long and meandering op to basically say "keep at least the Loli stuff out, and censor the more raunchy stuff."

Agreed Chal, it's incredibly problematic and oozing misogyny/borderline racism too, outside of propping a suggestion up upon false absolutes.

These sorts of posts/feedback is the stuff I hope that Sega and the PSO2 NA team is cautious of giving even acknowledgement or attention to (I even feel dirty just validating this TC with a reply but would rather clear some things up). I very much am hoping the PSO2 NA team is able to curate such posts like these with a deep, logical consideration for what trolling in 2020 looks like online.

Some people IRL are both adults and really REALLY short. Barring failed parenting, everyone playing PSO2 should be adults making a personal decision either to reflect their IRL height in the avatar they create, or maybe they want some perceived gameplay advantage, or maybe they want a cute, compact character to dress up. Censoring out the option is taking away both a choice and a reflection of the fact that adult bodies come in all shapes and sizes - some short and flat, some tall and round.

If anyone misuses such tools to misrepresent an under-aged character or fetishise an underage character, then that is the sole ill intent of one toxic individual and swift moderation would be quite welcomed.

I would like to see a wide variety of body types available in character creation, as PSO did even on Nintendo Gamecube, and not have a character creation or fashion option taken away from me before even booting the game if at all possible, and TOS/console partners willing.

I think we can wrap up anymore criticisms of this post. Would a GM be able to lock this thread? I really don't think there's any value add here...

@GM-Deynger or @GM-Rappie just putting this on your radar so that we don't have yet another 22 page... "Discussion" thread. ;>

@MoonlitDNC

oozing misogyny/borderline racism

Before this thread gets pruned, explain the logic of that one. I am legitimately interested.

@John-Paul-RAGE said in Some Censorship IS needed in this M rated game.:

@MoonlitDNC

oozing misogyny/borderline racism

Before this thread gets pruned, explain the logic of that one. I an legitimately interested.

Agreed, I was confused about that too but I didn't comment for furthering this already pointless thread 🥴

@MoonlitDNC @John-Paul-RAGE @Chal I'm glad you guys are wanting to discuss things or share your opinions on OP's thoughts. But this is not a discussion thread but a suggestion thread. If you don't like the idea of the suggestion then don't post here. If you do like the idea then post your support.

@The-Question I am not sharing any opinions on OP's thoughts, I am asking a respondent for clarification on one of the points they made in their counter-argument post thingy.

@The-Question I wasn't discussing or arguing. I was just trying to point out that his post wasn't very specific. I had no dissenting view as of yet because he didn't really make himself clear as to what should be censored. Which should probably be another thread that should've been made first. I also agree that this thread should be locked, trimmed, deleted, or at least ask the op to edit his title post to be more specific and less condescending.

@The-Question said But this is not a discussion thread but a suggestion thread. If you don't like the idea of the suggestion then don't post here. If you do like the idea then post your support. Valid responses to player suggestions would include agreements with the players sentiments (so we can see numbers) and additional justification if they have it. Those who disagree can respond, however only by sharing why they disagree. Please do not tell others things are "not possible," or that they are "wasting Sega's time." That's the bottom half of the rules of this forum. Saying you can only post something if you agree is not correct. You're just not supposed to debate. Or put down others opinions. I don't believe I broke those rules. I wasn't taking problem with his opinion or idea I was pointing out the problem in the way he said it.

I absolutely dont want any outfits to be censored/removed. we already at loss because we are not going to get lots of collab stuff. dont make it harder on us censoring what we still have.

It's been 2 days and not one comment in favor of censorship. (that in itself says something, and really is just a boon for the counter argument)

Unless you support this, just don't post here so it doesn't keep getting brought to the top. Let it fade away. Note, it was at the top already for this post.