THE FIGHT AGAINST BOTS

@JuggernautGTX Bot's aren't that sophisticated, especially if it's a RMT bot.

They can barely move in a straight line, so a fight with any enemy that breaks line of sight even once would screw them up.

It's just a bit much now it's not just a post 1 time every few mins it's constant spam taking up chat logs they're are in the shopping area also. I mean the only peaceful place is the cafe now.

Regardless of what they do this is really off putting and they need to address it yes they have a ton of otherthing which require more time but this is just silly

seriously this is ridiculous, its just constant spam of these bots and nothing is being done about them

@VeiledShrubbery said in THE FIGHT AGAINST BOTS:

seriously this is ridiculous, its just constant spam of these bots and nothing is being done about them

Actually. These types of Bots are extremely problematic as they are a mixture of automated program spamming as well real humans spamming, and in the terms you agreed to, they clearly stated they cannot, nor will they not disclose any disciplinary actions of others to the player base, bot or human.

For every single one that gets booted/banned, two tend replace them with an upgraded program to sneak by.

And as such, I'm probably going to be safe to assume that SEGA uses a program similar to, or a downgraded basic version of Warden (SE / BETH / BLIZZ) where it scans, collects reports and every quarter and 6 month does wave massive bans / suspensions of Bots / Hacks / Exploits. While Warden with SE, Beth, Blizz doing the same, has some proactive counter measures to tag suspicious things to eliminate both bots and buyers, say... 15million for a single Monomate.

Discourage both at the same time. Know a buyer? Report. See a bot? Report. Just know, that they will they not disclose any disciplinary actions of others to the player base, bot or human, also we do not know if the game devs/gms are getting flooded with reports. Some threads already determine translation is vastly more important than that of bots, hacks, aggressive trolls.

@SolFeace said in THE FIGHT AGAINST BOTS:

I agree, they really need to do something about the bots. It's a joke right now. Obviously the JP team has done something right if bots get permabanned on sight on JP. Something's missing on NA.

They IP blocked China (at the request of asiasoft, who managed SEA) when PSO2 SEA was released and it stopped being a problem since.

@MisterJaySnek said in THE FIGHT AGAINST BOTS:

They IP blocked China (at the request of asiasoft, who managed SEA) when PSO2 SEA was released and it stopped being a problem since.

is this true? does that mean that they might IP block the west as well if it gets requested (or already did get a request) - just curious

@JuggernautGTX if they planned it, it would've happened on launch. I'm not worried about it.

@Viola-Lance your missing the point, i never said SEGA hasnt told me anything about it, not once did i say anything to the liking so idk where you got that from My complaint is so far there has been nothing done to slow or impede them, from what ive read JP has no issues with these yet we have a constant influx of them, why is tthat? and why hasnt that way been implemented?