THE FIGHT AGAINST BOTS

For anyone that is interested in trying to eradicate these AI bots from PSO2 , can do at least the following:

PSO2AH is a CHINESE based website, however I did find that its currently being hosted by GODADDY.COM If you feel the need to send GODADDY an email, you can at : abuse@godaddy.com.

So, I bet at some point if GODADDY.COM receives enough complaints, PSO2AH will be taken down.

If you Want to see for yourself who is Hosting PSO2AH goto LOOKUP.ICANN.COM and search for PSO2AH and see for yourself.

and then you will see PSO2-AH or PSO2Bank etc.

As long there are buyers, RMT will always be in games especially f2p ones.

lol did you just post a weblink to goldsellers?

RMT'ers are hard to combat. Even remember their ancestors back in EQ and FFXI. For every 1 banned, 2 replace them, etc. And i am all for them to be banned, not just account bans, ip and hardware bans (ie; similar to what Overwarch, PuBG, etc.) Make it harder for the rmt'ers, as well throw Cease and Desists to domain hosts for authorized use of said behavior (which majority of rmt sites hold phishing malware to hack/steal accounts)

As well, may sound harsh, buyers need the same punishment as well, follow what SE and Blizzard does. 6 to 24 month bans for 1st offense, permanent ban for 2nd.

I'm really looking forward to when named blocks become available. Part of that set list is a premium block that only premium players can get into which would solve the issue for players that can support the game in that way.

@HarmlessSyan said in THE FIGHT AGAINST BOTS:

As long there are buyers, RMT will always be in games especially f2p ones.

"A Variable beyond my grasp!!?"

@Viola-Lance Here's a very easy and simple way to get rid of Bots for the most part.

Make it mandatory to complete episode 1 and level to X level before being able to use public chat.

Or just pass a captcha each time you login.

@SleeprunnerInc said in THE FIGHT AGAINST BOTS:

@Viola-Lance Here's a very easy and simple way to get rid of Bots for the most part.

Make it mandatory to complete episode 1 and level to X level before being able to use public chat.

That sounds decent, though I imagine someone would write this off as 'hindering the game' due to some peoples inability to use a controller or whatever the excuse might potentially be..

"I JUST WANNA DANCE MOMMA DIDN'T RAISE NO FIGHTA!"

sort of mindset.

Hmm.. Maybe if sega adds something to the chat system to know when things are being constantly repeated on keywords like "sell" ".com" whatever, if it's being spammed consistently perhaps a auto mute function would be best if implementable.

@Ki-Rin was just thinking the same thing the dude might want to remove the link, people will think he's the owner

@SleeprunnerInc said in THE FIGHT AGAINST BOTS:

this make it level 25 or something or and clear all of epsiode 1 or even make a new ark channel like xiv had

@SleeprunnerInc passing certain game requirements would be one thing but levels wouldnt help. I saw a level 41 spam bot the other day

I didn't know people actually bought from these. Either way, I just report them and mute them.

@Blackichan08 said in THE FIGHT AGAINST BOTS:

@Ki-Rin was just thinking the same thing the dude might want to remove the link, people will think he's the owner

Sorry about that. The websites forum design auto inserts links , they have been removed.

@Ranmaru said in THE FIGHT AGAINST BOTS:

I didn't know people actually bought from these. Either way, I just report them and mute them.

If there was no customers they would not be here.

Im just sick and tired of like 3 or even 4 of these AI's come into , For example B053 block and spam the hell out of chat included personal messages to everyone. Also, IF they set up shop on another Hosting company, well - I would just report them again to have them taken down again and again - as many times as it takes. Because at this point, they need an American hosting company here, that's how they make it all work. I may even send a complaint Directly to the Company located in Shenzen China.