EP3 Visual Poster B Unable to load into Personal Quarters

Upon purchasing a new poster from the Limited Time SG Swap Shop, I placed it in my personal quarters. It was bugged to where it did not display, but could be placed. After placing the poster, I am unable to access my personal quarters and the game sticks me into a constant loading screen. The poster that caused the bug is: EP3 Visual Poster B. I am on Ship 1.

bump, this issue needs to be addressed.

Double bump. Kinda enjoyed having a working room and would like to have one again. And a refund for the broken poster. Still having trouble believing such a simple bug has been ignored for two weeks.

BUMP! GM's WHEN THE HELL ARE YOU GOING TO NOTICE THAT A PERCENTAGE OF YOUR PLAYERBASE ARE UNABLE TO ACCESS THEIR PQ BECAUSE OF YOUR MISTAKE. WE SPENT MONEY TO SUPPORT YOUR GAME, AND NOW WE ARE PUNISHED FOR IT. WITH 0 RESPONSE, UPDATE, OR INFORMATION ABOUT THE SITUATION.

Same as above. Don’t be expecting any more money from me for a while if ever. I’m actually impressed y’all can so blatantly ignore something like this for as long as it has been.

I know @Enthessi , this silence is almost killing me. It's so fucking ridiculous.

Lol @Michealsaurus at least you got a reply from the GMs. I think you might be the only person I know to get one in fact. They’ve just straight up ignored me for the tickets I’ve put in. It’s gotten to the point where I find it more pathetic than anything at this point. I can think of several fairly easy ways to at least do a temporary fix for this if they won’t bother to do a full fix so the fact their not even trying to pretend they care is almost impressive in how bad it makes their customer service look when it doesn’t involve getting them more money short term. They got ours so aren’t worried about it apparently. Though long term it’s that sort of thing that loses them money overall since I am sure as hell not spending another dime on this game for a good long while if ever.

@Enthessi, I think I'm going to probably call PayPal or my bank, and charge back everything I have spent on this game. it's getting ridiculous.

Reality is they probably dont care to do some emergency maint because it affects a a tiny percentage of people that they seem very ok with leaving them disgruntled.

Now if it isn't fixed by next maint, then that is just some real garbage.

@Enthessi @Michealsaurus Curious what platform you guys are playing on? PC or Xbox?

And can I get one of your Player IDs? or character names? (if it's not widely used). I wanna see if I can load in to the rooms at all.

I am on Ship 3, I am playing on PC. My player ID name is Puddinpop and my character name is Puddin.

@Michealsaurus said in EP3 Visual Poster B Unable to load into Personal Quarters:

I am on Ship 3, I am playing on PC. My player ID name is Puddinpop and my character name is Puddin.

Oh. I loaded in. But only because your premium has expired and your room was changed back into the default non-premium room.

So I guess a temporary solution to this would be: Once you decide to activate premium again and choose to use the layout you weren't using before. So if you were using layout A, choose layour B. While this does mean your current decorations will be locked in your other room, at least you will have access to another room in the mean time until this gets fixed.

If Enthessi is still using premium, I'd like to try his/her room as well.

@Home-Dog must not be my house because my premium is up in like 5 months for my housing.

Yeah I’m on ship 2 player ID is Enthessi as well since multiple people can have same character name. But I’ve tried the rooms for other with the problem and had a few try mine and it’s always broken. I’m an Xbox player btw and my premium still has like 3 months to expire so that idea won’t work in a reasonable time frame for me either. And @Vashzaron I get that they don’t care much since it’s a relatively small part of the player base but from my point of view it is a chuck of the player base who have ALL paid money to support their game which is why I feel it reflects so badly on them. If it had been a bug that came from free content I wouldn’t be so frustrated with the way it’s being handled but as it’s a bug that ONLY paying members of their player base can even have, the fact that they so willingly ignore it because it’s a smaller scale issue makes them look incredibly pathetic from a customer service viewpoint and sets a bad example in the case of similar issues later in the game.