what are the differences between na and jp and will na be the same as jp?

hi Guys i have a few questions for the na and jp players among you i play pso na and wanted to know what are the differences to jp

I found out that the height of the characters is censored in pso na also that it is easier and faster to get to SG in jp as it is currently in pso na in jp you get voice tickets will there also be in na? in jp you get very tight outfits for female i think something comes only censored after na? in japan there were also many crossover events for animes and games like nier attack on titan neon genesis evangelion persona and many more do you think something comes to na? are there still many english speaking players in jp? would you switch back to jp or would you stay with na

are there any more differences to jp in terms of censorship etc or other differences?

I thank you for reading the article and answering my questions 😊

Don't know that much about outfit censorship yet for NA, but at the very least, NA do not get smart innerwear that JP have right at start for free. GM mentioned about they are working on the copyrights for voice tickets but not much more info on that. For crossovers, I believe they will have to work with copyrights also - but GM have mentioned already that NA have the ok for Nier Automata and Re:Zero.

Just recently reinstalled JP after deciding to leave NA, still seeing more English chat than Japanese chat at least in public on Ship 2, the main overseas ship/server. Other ship have sparse English community, I wouldn't recommend it unless you can speak JP or just wish to play solo most of the time (Symbol Arts spam can be problem on Ship2, I didn't see much of it on Ship10)

One big difference is that JP have the mobile games PSO2es and Phantasy Star Saga IDOLA in compliment to the main game. PSO2es have exclusive gear and affixes that can be used in the main game (it's connected to your PSO2 acct and you are using the same characters)- which NA is trying to add to other parts of the game, but you will still miss out on the daily SG and EXP ticket log-in bonuses and many small QoL that PSO2es provides the main game. IDOLA on the other hand is just farming IDOLA points that you can exchange in PSO2 for SG, boosts, emotes, room goods/music disc, exp tickets and other stuff.

EDIT: Also just a warning, I don't use Tweaker myself on JP but I heard there are still small parts here and there untranslated and you may have to wait a little for the newest content to be translated when they first come out.

@HarmlessSyan said in what are the differences between na and jp and will na be the same as jp?:

Don't know that much about outfit censorship yet for NA, but at the very least, NA do not get smart innerwear that JP have right at start for free. GM mentioned about they are working on the copyrights for voice tickets but not much more info on that. For crossovers, I believe they will have to work with copyrights also - but GM have mentioned already that NA have the ok for Nier Automata and Re:Zero.

Just recently reinstalled JP after deciding to leave NA, still seeing more English chat than Japanese chat at least in public on Ship 2, the main overseas ship/server. Other ship have sparse English community, I wouldn't recommend it unless you can speak JP or just wish to play solo most of the time (Symbol Arts spam can be problem on Ship2, I didn't see much of it on Ship10)

One big difference is that JP have the mobile games PSO2es and Phantasy Star Saga IDOLA in compliment to the main game. PSO2es have exclusive gear and affixes that can be used in the main game (it's connected to your PSO2 acct and you are using the same characters)- which NA is trying to add to other parts of the game, but you will still miss out on the daily SG and EXP ticket log-in bonuses and many small QoL that PSO2es provides the main game. IDOLA on the other hand is just farming IDOLA points that you can exchange in PSO2 for SG, boosts, emotes, room goods/music disc, exp tickets and other stuff.

EDIT: Also just a warning, I don't use Tweaker myself on JP but I heard there are still small parts here and there untranslated and you may have to wait a little for the newest content to be translated when they first come out.

I could be misremembering but werent you able to play on JP without wearing basewear? I remember reading some where that NA is forced to always have basewear on when it comes to layered. If this is the case we can see a clear pattern of censorship with the height thing and the non smart inner. They're probably trying to prevent people from making lewd loli's.

I am sticking to NA for now. Mostly since they have a road map of having parity with JP in terms of game content.

@Knight-Raime You are also required to have Basewear on in the JPN server; any screenshots that show otherwise are of a client-side mod that makes the default Basewear invisible.

@AndrlCh said in what are the differences between na and jp and will na be the same as jp?:

@Knight-Raime You are also required to have Basewear on in the JPN server; any screenshots that show otherwise are of a client-side mod that makes the default Basewear invisible.

Ah alright. I figured such was the case. Just wanted clarification since the JP version isn't on my pc anymore.

JP is vastly different from NA.

Not including missing content because thats coming later, a few big things are.

• NA has far less ways to earn Star Gems
  • NA has a forced Height restriction for characters (You characters cannot be as short or tall as they are in JP)
  • NA has removed the in game friends system, you can't friend someone unless you do it through the xbox app
  • NA removed all the flavor text from weapons and armor.
  • NA removed crafting (Adding later on in the roadmap but crafting was episode 3 content so we should have had it)
  • NA renamed several skills and will be renaming some of the newer classes (Etoli to Superstar for example.)
  • NA removed the treasure shop (Possibly replaced with the Fresh Finds system)
  • NA does not support the PSO2es app.
  • NA has less ships (Not really a big deal)
  • NA capped its tech lvls at 15 where as JP's is 17
  • NA introduced mission passes, JP does not have this.

That's just like the tip of the iceberg but TLDR: NA is really watered down and very restrictive on what you can do with your character. There are also several technical issues i choose not to get into because thats a topic all on its own but yeah, there's a few examples.

The only "censorship" is a height restriction on characters due to, you know, the US being a bit stricter on the whole playing as a child thing in a video games that involve scantly clad characters and a good deal of violence.

Beyond that, anything else changed is simply localization, rather than censorship.

And yes, assuming the Roadmap follows course and isn't delayed thanks to the Pandemic, we should expect to see complete parity with the Japanese version of the game in terms of content some time early next year, as Sega seems to want to be able to roll out additional content for both NA and JP clients and be able to localize the same time.

Yeah I think things will get smoother with time.

NA is also missing a ton of weapons that used the old grinding system, basically how units are grinded but with a worse rate. We've been seeing some added as camos so I don't think they'll rework most of them as new type counterparts.

(Etoli to Superstar for example.)

This is false.

Just did some of the storyline on JP since there's story quest campaign going on JP also. JP gets the Omnibus version of EP1-3 where Alma (EP5 character) makes comments and adds some narration to some parts to explain things better. But don't worry you aren't missing much playing NA.

Never did the Omnibus version, only the matterboard version of EP1-3 wayyyyy back, so have to redo them now

How come the GMs can’t answer this question. I would prefer them answer this than those who are forecasting what they think they know.

Just my personal opinion.