LPT: NA now has advanced features if your install deletes itself

My game deleted itself again so I went to uninstall it and noticed this. Kind of not solving the issue but still nice to be able to fix it instead of losing hard drive space.

b26eb22f-f497-4631-a5ed-d7646666ebb3-image.png

Hrmm.. The trend of deletes is noticeable to windows updates / antivirus updates...

I love how the NA client deleting itself from your HD is starting ti be talked about like its a normal thing, like its perfectly normal for a game to uninstall itself from your system every 2 weeks while not giving back the HD space.

Perfectly normal for MMO's to do that in this day and age every MMO does it.

@Zizel said in LPT: NA now has advanced features if your install deletes itself:

I love how the NA client deleting itself from your HD is starting ti be talked about like its a normal thing, like its perfectly normal for a game to uninstall itself from your system every 2 weeks while not giving back the HD space.

tfw you really want to push on it being an issue but the reality is you just want to play a specific game and theres no other option to you 😞

@Skyfir51 said in LPT: NA now has advanced features if your install deletes itself:

@Zizel said in LPT: NA now has advanced features if your install deletes itself:

tfw you really want to push on it being an issue but the reality is you just want to play a specific game and theres no other option to you 😞

fwiw, the tweaker has the ability to bypass the MS store entirely for the download/install (aside from a file association at the end), which keeps the game from destroying itself on windows updates for most people (I only say most because I think I've heard of people saying it happened to them even with the tweaker), so that option exists at least. Still goofy that the official method is so awful, though.

@Akonyl Can confirm that even the tweaker CAN bomb itself thanks to windows store.

Is there any way to get the hard drive space back without a reformat? would be helpful since im missing a good chunk from uninstalling after the SG scratch nonsense. Thanks in advance.

Steam will spare us from this grief and Tweaker grief,

I gave up on MS store and just started using the tweaker, it's super easy to set up and MUCH less of a hassle.

@Ignigknawt And ye'r one click away from installing Japan basically and having it nearly fully translated haha!

@SleeprunnerInc it sucks because some of my friends won't join me for jp so I pretty much don't play pso2 at all now, luckily they're turning off Vita servers in August I pretty much played solely on my vita until episode 4 and every EQ lagging like hell on it. rip nostalgia.

@SleeprunnerInc Same. Happened to me once, but only once. (Tweaker install, not MS store)

@SleeprunnerInc Eh, I'm already too invested in my character to want to start over on JP. Plus all the JP content is gonna be coming stateside anyway.

@Ignigknawt They may or may not come changed.

The current state of the game already hints at possible censorship to content, bad translations and just overall more bugs and problems.