any controller player using a chatpad?

hello, just out of curiosity, how do you play it? I just bought a third party chatpad for the xbox one controller on windows and it's a lot easier to access to the subpalette and other keybinds without moving the hands from the controller. if anyone hasen't tried it yet. you should imo! 🙂

I just use my good old logitech gamepad.

@Derolade I was thinking about getting a chatpad, now I might just have to lol

I have the Xbox Controller Chatpad. Never actually thought to try using it for gameplay. I use a kb/mouse for any full on conversation needs ofc. 😸

o/ =^.^=

I use a MoKo Xbox One Mini Green Backlight Keyboard with my Xbox One controller. I can't say I love it. It sometimes disconnects and a bigger problem is that it is too sensitive and repeats key presses. Mmmyy wwritinng tendds to lllook llikee this a loot.

What do you use @Derolade ?

Chatpad really took my game play to another level

@Ignigknawt it is gamechanging for me. before i could only navigate the subpalette with the dpad and use the selected action by pressing the left stick (or move the hands to the keyboard and reach the key with a finger.. very awkward) now i can just press a number 1 to 0 on the chatpad to use pa's or items instantly. i even removed some pa's from the palette because of this (tip, i put the most used pa's on the 0, 9 and 8 numbers. in that way they are just under the X Y A B buttons) . also, faster keybinds for other actions (like minimap etc..)

@Natty-Boh-man said in any controller player using a chatpad?:

MoKo Xbox One Mini Green Backlight Keyboard

i have the BestFire one from amazon.it https://amzn.to/32x4dTC. not backlit but the keys presses have a good feedback. also no disconnects at least for now.. it's still pretty new: i just bought one.

@redPG said in any controller player using a chatpad?:

Chatpad really took my game play to another level

Oh yeah!! I mean.. ..other than full chat conversations still being a bit of a pita. Gameplay wise its almost as good as PC. No joysticking to and fro and down pressing to get what you want. 🙀 😸

o/ =^.^=

I use a chatpad on my xbox controller. It's much better typing message's and is also really useful for the map / radar shortcuts, menu shortcuts, etc.

@Derolade Unfortunately I use a third party controller (pdp afterglow), so I don't think any chat pads will fit :C