Lorewise: What are Vizbolts and Gehl Bulfs?

I haven't found anything in game that says what these phenomena are although they clearly seem to be Falspawn related like Falmorphers and the Bayze. If I had to guess, Vizbolts seem to be the result of the F-Factor corrupting the atmosphere but what about Gehl Bulfs? Are they some out -of-phase type of Falspawn? Why do they only have a limited time of activity and why doesn't a Dark Falz like [Apprentice] try to make more frequent use of them?

I'd like to know the same thing, I can't find ANY info anywhere about gehl bulfs and what they are.

@RedDingo7777 said in Lorewise: What are Vizbolts and Gehl Bulfs?:

Are they some out -of-phase type of Falspawn?

They're actually a mobile variation of those spheres that sometimes spawn and slowly move about, and take one hit to destroy.

Vizbolts are likely just a An "F-Factor" Burst of a sort (IE: a Dark version of PSE Bursts), where too much Falspawn particles are in the air. Think of it as a lightning storm really. At least that's what I'd probably do as the lore writer of this.

a Gehl Bulf is when your uneaten Jello gets infested by corrupted photons, and flies through the air intent on killing you and all you care about.

@ZeeHero9271 Yeah, like killing all the fun in a mission.

@coldreactive said in Lorewise: What are Vizbolts and Gehl Bulfs?:

They're actually a mobile variation of those spheres that sometimes spawn and slowly move about, and take one hit to destroy.

I like that these things on spawn straight up have the PSO enemy spawn sound.

It's a big coincidence to find that thread. I've been thinking about what Gehl Bulfs are, too. This is what I came up with myself, it's not official, but I liked the detective work to put this down to words:

Gehl Bulf: Areas saturated with negative photon activity can result in a Falspawn phenomenon known as Gehl Bulfs. Resulting from the constructive interference among the wave functions of negative photons, they form the same way as ocean rogue waves do during a storm. Because of the F-Factor, after condensing in its mature form, it will chase down living creatures. It won’t last long, but can cause enormous damage while active. Because a Gehl Bulf has no material body and is barely visible to normal vision, the only thing to do is to run. To this day, only high density photon wallops are known able to negate a Gehl Bulf, and are provided only by heavier caliber weapons such as the ARKS Photon Cannon.

If you've been through this already, there's the revealed "storm of negative photons", and possibly many Gehl Bulfs arising from it:

470c7c62-06fe-4609-80c7-8e463324a570-image.png