Bots are pretty active today.

@Yui2387 Raising level cap for chat doesn't do anything... they are bots, will just bot to whatever level to spam. Majority of the spam bots I seen aren't level 1 anymore, a few lv2-3s, alot in 12-13s, highest i seen was a 29 that runs from 1 end of the lobby to the other before switching blocks. Other games that implemented lv resistriction really hinders new players - like AION. Bots just bot to whatever level while new players can't even talk. And don't forget this is cross-platform console players don't get discord access as easy. And there is a blocklist on JP but the whole xbox live thing kind of mess that up, it's even annoying to add people to friend list on NA.

@HarmlessSyan said in Bots are pretty active today.:

And don't forget this is cross-platform console players don't get discord access as easy.

XBL has Sype and parties and PSN has group chat and Discord is available for mobile devices.

That said this doesn't change anything as Discord is hardly a valid workaround to begin with anyway but XBL Parties and Discord are why no one uses voice chat in the game.

They've def been getting worse, I saw one spamming while running towards Franca's on an unpopulated block haha

A bit unrelated, but does whispering /bl not work anymore? I used to just do that to the bots since I heard reporting them doesn't do much and it was a quicker fix to stop seeing their message spam, but now it doesn't seem to work. It just quite literally whispers /bl to them now, and it doesn't actually add them to blacklist lol

@Albert said in Bots are pretty active today.:

and it doesn't actually add them to blacklist lol

The NA version has a blacklist function? Since when?

@Mattwo7 said in Bots are pretty active today.:

@Albert said in Bots are pretty active today.:

and it doesn't actually add them to blacklist lol

The NA version has a blacklist function? Since when?

Dunno if it even works anymore, but it was a really bad way to totally ignore people haha. If you whispered /bl to someone it would add them to your blacklist, and you'd never be able to see any of their messages ever again. It was really only good to use on bots imo because it seemed permanent lol...y'know, since we have no way to access this blacklist

@ZorokiHanuke said in Bots are pretty active today.:

Perhaps some whale bought from them or something, but I have never seen them being so noisy on ship 3. Two or three on main lobby pretty much taking ownership of all chat and one on shop area spamming nonstop and every 5 seconds. It's getting pretty bad. Blocking them through xbox live does nothing to stop their in game chat either.

We need meseta badly since prices more than tripled yesterday. I don't even dare check now.

@Sephlock And? What does needing meseta have to do with the bots? Well, other than saying they are a good thing because someone needs to spend money on whatever, and can't be bothered to control the market, by not buying anything beyond a certain market value. At least, that's how your post reads. If a player isn't making sales, they will eventually be forced to drop the price, because it's just a waste of space otherwise. These bots claiming to sell meseta, are a blight on the community, nothing more, nothing less.

@Sephlock Also, if you bought from those meseta farmers, you are apart of the problem. You are the reason the prices keep getting higher, you are the reason bots are so prevalent, and you also just opened yourself up to fraudulent charges on your credit/debit.

So I sincerely hope you didn't, because anyone dumb enough to buy from them, deserves whatever they get.

@Sephlock just don't buy from then, economy in games works exactly like in rl so if they don't sell they will be forced to reduce the price to sell it

@Jamesmor said in Bots are pretty active today.:

@Sephlock just don't buy from then, economy in games works exactly like in rl so if they don't sell they will be forced to reduce the price to sell it

I know that, but the recent hits to the economy are probably why they are ramping up their activity.

That's a naive way of look at things frankly. There's always going to be people who buy things you don't. Even boycotts hardly work anymore.

Sad truth about boycotts. Just look at a certain company based on faces and books...

@Mattwo7 said in Bots are pretty active today.:

That's a naive way of look at things frankly. There's always going to be people who buy things you don't. Even boycotts hardly work anymore.

When was the last time they worked? It seems like the few cases where it seemed like they did, it was just a gun-shy corporation overreacting before anything could even get started.

The word about the lack of GMs is spreading lol

GreatReputation.jpg

No longer we hav just one real money trade site spamming, nope, now we hav 2, we are in the way to become legends among gold selling parasites 😜

Censoring words used by spam bots is a common practice among GMs in other games, they censor for example "FarmersIncorporateddotcom" and not only that, after a certain number of that censored word being spammed the bot gets auto muted/banned, i saw this with my own eyes, but not here, nope, apparently here bots deserve a chance to spread their message =P

Also those wo defent RMT cuz "nEeDs MoNeYz" tend to forget that the more external money gets injected into the game economy, the worse the marked runs, with prices rising more and more for every idiot saying things like "wOoOoO i GoT cHeAp MoNeYz FrOm ThAt SiTe iM EdGyEsT tHaN OtHeR pLaYeRs"

At this point im going to just enjoy the spectacle for the lulz but sure af no more money from me into what looks like a unattended online game, i had enuz of that mess with DNEU wose Publisers and GMs, oh sorry not GMs i mean community managers lol, where more interested on introducing all sorts of monetization schemes than to actualy fix or mitigate any of the EU version problems...

@VoidEngineWhen said in Bots are pretty active today.:

The word about the lack of GMs is spreading lol

GreatReputation.jpg

No longer we hav just one real money trade site spamming, nope, now we hav 2, we are in the way to become legends among gold selling parasites 😜

Censoring words used by spam bots is a common practice among GMs in other games, they censor for example "FarmersIncorporateddotcom" and not only that, after a certain number of that censored word being spammed the bot gets auto muted/banned, i saw this with my own eyes, but not here, nope, apparently here bots deserve a chance to spread their message =P

Also those wo defent RMT cuz "nEeDs MoNeYz" tend to forget that the more external money gets injected into the game economy, the worse the marked runs, with prices rising more and more, for every idiot saying things like "wOoOoO i GoT cHeAp MoNeYz FrOm ThAt SiTe iM EdGyEsT tHaN OtHeR pLaYeRs"

There's been exactly one person who has been interpreted as saying that here, and that was a misunderstanding. The post was just pointing out the reason for the increased activity. Vultures can spot a weakened animal from miles away.

Personally, I don't see why anyone would trust a random spammer with their money.

At this point im going to just enjoy the spectacle for the lulz but sure af no more money from me into what looks like a unattended online game, i had enuz of that mess with DNEU wose Publisers and GMs, oh sorry not GMs i mean community managers lol, where more interested on introducing all sorts of monetization schemes than to actualy fix or mitigate any of the EU version problems...

There may be another scratch immediately after this one- some signs seem to point in that direction.

I'd expect them to keep things as-is for this one and make any possible changes when the next one hits.

Whether they'll actually do that, and what form those changes might take.... I'm not too optimistic, but we'll see.