The biggest problem in PSO2 so far... Communication

One of the biggest problems in this game so far is poor communication. I'm not sure if it's due to coronavirus limitations or what's causing it but it appears that most of the GM's never speak.

I don't know why that is that's why we often see multiple threads with frustration. Popping into problem threads with something as simple as "We understand your concerns and are working on them" would go along way in easing the tension.

Then it's a simple matter of following up with what's been done. People might not always like the answers you get but people do appreciate an honest answer. Alittle more staff involvement would go a long way. Basically we just want to understand why things in NA are being handled the way they are.

There is a divide in NA's management; majority of decisions regarding what happens ingame such as events, prices, content, bug fixes, and so on are ultimately up to SEGA of Japan. ESTsoft is the one who has the GMs, Customer Support and Manages the Forums.

It is ESTsoft's jobs to document and translate Support Tickets and Suggestions to pass over to SEGA of Japan, whether things change or not is ultimately up to SEGA of Japan. That said, ESTsoft's staff are under strict restrictions on what they can comment on and how...

@Leonkh99 I sincerely doubt they restrict them saying we hear your concerns and they are being addressed.

I understand how the game is managed, and that is an issue of in and of itself.

Perhaps they need to create a new position with someone that can handle being the go between. I work at a video game company. Part of managing the game is managing communication. No matter how you paint the communication we receive in the best way possible. Or try and pass it off that it's no one's fault because ultimately it's up to a company overseas it's not going to work.

The communication here's is unacceptable, and if you want to say it's Sega of Japan's fault for the lack of communication then they need fix and address it.

The status quo isn't working. I understand this is a free title, but it's certainly making them a serious amount of money if we're expecting to pay a premium in NA then at the very least we could receive better customer service. At the very least they could pretend like it's being provided we don't even get that.

I'm not even that sure what they do because you mentioned handling tickets. Well pretty much every ticket gets a response of well sorry but there's nothing we can do. Accidently deleted an item in game it's gone yes I'm well aware you can lock items pretend like you made a mistake here for a minute. You accidentally delete something in wow or ff14 and submit a ticket they put it back in your inventory. Heck even BDOs and archage have assisted me in the past with issues. Accidentally make a wrong purchase in pso2 are your pretty much up a creek with no paddle.

I don't think we're asking for anything unrealistic or unreasonable. Certainly someone exists that can work on fixing the current state of communication. We're not talking about small indie one man companies here surely there's a manager that has some ability to talk to the correct people and implement a better communication structure for NA.

@Leonkh99 said in The biggest problem in PSO2 so far... Communication:

That said, ESTsoft's staff are under strict restrictions on what they can comment on and how...

That excuse by SEGA or ESTsoft is no longer valid after the turnout of event like this. They really dug up a hole so deep they shouldn't have dug to begin with.

People spent so much money on ACs and SGs at first OBT launch, and they really just kind of assumed NA players have that kind of luxury and money. Nah. They never did. And I am pretty sure they went by the statistics of sales that they earned from first to second month to judge that people will still pay for these regardless.

Imagine if every company in America just said sorry we can't help you the product is made overseas. That's a crude but accurate state of affairs here.

Day 2 without the pointless "we've passed the feedback on!" post that Sega doesn't actually give a !@#$ about because this has been complained about since launch. Im expecting at least another day before we get that.

Followed up by.... nothing. Because that's how its always been, also since launch.

@LapisWave said in The biggest problem in PSO2 so far... Communication:

That said, ESTsoft's staff are under strict restrictions on what they can comment on and how...

That excuse by SEGA or ESTsoft is no longer valid after the turnout of event like this. They really dug up a hole so deep they shouldn't have dug to begin with.

People spent so much money on ACs and SGs at first OBT launch, and they really just kind of assumed NA players have that kind of luxury and money. Nah. They never did. And I am pretty sure they went by the statistics of sales that they earned from first to second month to judge that people will still pay for these regardless.

Honestly, i'm not trying to de-legitimize the complaints or anything like that but merely stating the facts on the way they operate whether its right or wrong or whether it can change or not. These are indeed serious issues that need to be addressed for the game's longetivity...but I also believe that the community can be impatient and quick to jump to conclusion on these matters and in some cases point fingers at the wrong people (consider the localization for instance, the same team that did PSO2's localization has done localization work for LOADS of other games... if they are that bad that you say they should be fired, why is it that PSO2 is the only game they worked on with these issues...?).

I won't go too much into the subject of SG since all complaints are entirely valid and there's people who have already had their say. In the span of Months the issue may or may not be addressed one way or another... maybe they listen and the Episode 4 update adds in ways to obtain SG back, maybe the SG prices are adjusted, or maybe they don't and you are all free and justified to complain about it... but as for right now, decisions aren't going to be made overnight nor will they be made in the span of weeks.

@GM-Deynger

translate Support Tickets

Actually have to wonder if part of the problem is that they're a South Korean company, so they probably don't know Japanese that well? 🤷 Wait NVM, ESTsoft has a Japanese branch.

@coldreactive said in The biggest problem in PSO2 so far... Communication:

@Rhysticalz said in The biggest problem in PSO2 so far... Communication:

but it appears that most of the GM's never speak.

https://forum.pso2.com/groups/administrators

https://forum.pso2.com/groups/global-moderators

Right side = posts they've made.

Doesn't really change the fact that the communication is a problem. The best they've been able to give us is vague hints and "we'll pass this along to Sega".

@Leonkh99 I sincerely doubt they restrict them saying we hear your concerns and they are being addressed.

There's probably no restriction on the typical reply we do see, the "We are discussing this with the team" or "We will bring this up". That's a commitment on the part of the community team (ESTsoft) to ask questions of the developers (Sega Japan).

There will be a restriction on the ability to say something is being addressed, unless they know it is. That'd be making a promise they may be unable to keep. That would either be dictated by Sega Japan (or Microsoft? Hmm) or self-enforced after learning the hard way not to say it when they told PC players back in January/February that they would be able to get all the content that disappears prior to PC release.

The trouble is, this puts them in a corner. If they are more active and respond to most discussions, suggestions or support requests, anytime someone asks them to give reassurance on something they either aren't certain of or know definitely isn't happening, their silence would be a very obvious tell that the player is going to be disappointed.

Perhaps they need to create a new position with someone that can handle being the go between.

That's literally what ESTsoft's role is meant to be. It wouldn't help to give the go-between another go-between if Sega Japan at the other end still refuse to listen to common sense.

I feel the negativity from players' side about this is growing faster than it normally would because many of us remember bitterly how unresponsive and unsupportive Sega Japan were for the western releases of Blue Burst and Universe over 10 years ago.

Some of us were probably hoping the Microsoft financing would give them a little more motivation this time around, and in fairness the updates are flowing so it's a different kind of problem to the abandonment we saw with the previous two games. But a problem nevertheless.

I don't think we're asking for anything unrealistic or unreasonable.

That's what makes it worse, really. Much of what players are complaining about lately is frustrating because it's not only avoidable but actively self-inflicted.

@Miraglyth said in The biggest problem in PSO2 so far... Communication:

and in fairness the updates are flowing

How long will that actually last though? They crammed all the updates together in the development of the NA servers to release them at as rapid a rate as possible without making it too fast, which is unprecedented because they didn't need to do this kind of thing before due to there not being such a huge gap in release dates. I wonder how many other games have even had to do this? Maplestory 2 comes to mind.

Not to mention they rushed the whole thing without proper testing, only closed and open betas for a single platform that didn't have nearly enough time to actually fix all the problems found, especially not things as simple as basic text errors with fixes only just recently being drip fed to us even though the translation is already finished. They should be going back and proofreading the entire damn thing. Not that this should be something they need to do in the first place because it shouldn't be such a mess in the first place...

Some of you sound/read entitled.

@Mattwo7 said in The biggest problem in PSO2 so far... Communication:

How long will that actually last though?

We haven't seen any signs of an issue yet. They've clearly got a schedule lined up to give each UQ its time in the limelight. As long as this remains the case, there are bigger things to worry about.

Hi guys,

We are aware of your concerns, and are working to address them. Thank you for your understanding and support.

This thread is hysterical.

Something, something... "We're killing it / What you guys don't have Smartphones?"

Wonder how long it will be before the NA PSO2 forum goers start becoming foaming at the mouth rabid 4chan'ers when they see a GM name?