[Informational] Want your feedback heard? Use the tools we have to your advantage.

@GM-Deynger said in [Informational] Want your feedback heard? Use the tools we have to your advantage.:

I am GM Deynger and I approve of this message. 😉

But really though, thank you for posting this. We are always paying attention and communicating your feedback to the developers, however submitting feedback through support also helps.

Definitely good to know ❤ I have sent some tickets in, but tried to focus on the forum as I figured maybe they'd just want suggestions here versus a lot of tickets, but I can definitely work in sending in more to at least cover a lot of the things I've posted about at this point.

Thank you for this. And it's a good move to sticky this post.

Forums are good for that "community consensus." That may or may not be picked up officially up and through to the Devs. Tickets are straight up direct to the opening of the most official pipeline. And even links to said supporting forum thread(s) can't sweeten that already concise/qualitative feedback ticket submission.

Much kudos to the OP (Original Poster) for this thread.

o/ =^.^=

Just your average conspiracy theorist over here, but it's highly unlikely that tickets submitted regarding "feedback" will ever be read. You will get an automated response at best before your ticket disappears. Additionally, megathreads for "suggestions/feedback" just hide all of that away in a nice box. Out of sight, out of mind. Someone may be paid to interact with us on these forums, but that doesn't mean any of our feedback and suggestions will reach those that make decisions regarding the game.

"Just your average conspiracy theorist" and just like that there is no merit to anything you said.

@Shmyules they are definitely read by the NA PSO2 Community Team, regarding the tickets. GM Deygner handles most of the stuff on the forum side of the house for now, with some help here and there from the Global Moderator team.

Currently, it is entirely possible for our forum Moderators to review all the feedback on a single thread as long as it is well organized. If the thread is created to bring awareness to a specific feature (or lack there of), they lead off with what they think should be different or how it is detrimental.

If respondents chime in leading with "I agree" or "I disagree", followed by the why, it will be significantly more manageable for the forum moderator to review it and make a note of the trend/general consensus.

@Shmyules said in [Informational] Want your feedback heard? Use the tools we have to your advantage.:

Just your average conspiracy theorist over here, but it's highly unlikely that tickets submitted regarding "feedback" will ever be read. You will get an automated response at best before your ticket disappears. Additionally, megathreads for "suggestions/feedback" just hide all of that away in a nice box. Out of sight, out of mind. Someone may be paid to interact with us on these forums, but that doesn't mean any of our feedback and suggestions will reach those that make decisions regarding the game.

Untrue, as all tickets are read. We do not want mega-threads, rather individual threads submitted at the time of someone's issue. We submit feedback that is relevant to the current time period, so it is not as helpful to revive an old thread on the same subject. Having suggestions in one section is much more helpful, as when gathering feedback, we have only one place to look, instead of reading through all of the general threads which tend to get buried easily. Also, no one is just "paid to interact." There are multiple aspects to what we do. @shmyules is entitled to his opinion though. Just thought I'd chime in.

@GM-Deynger Wow, that was kinda professionally brutal.

@Hatsodoom said in [Informational] Want your feedback heard? Use the tools we have to your advantage.:

Honestly was not meant to be. Just wanted to inform anyone who may view this before submitting feedback.

@GM-Deynger said in [Informational] Want your feedback heard? Use the tools we have to your advantage.:

@Hatsodoom said in [Informational] Want your feedback heard? Use the tools we have to your advantage.:

Honestly was not meant to be. Just wanted to inform anyone who may view this before submitting feedback.

No I agree, it was a compliment. People saying stuff like that without any actual evidence just annoy me a little. Thanks for your responses, good to have some evidence that we're being heard. Sorry if I came off as a bit of a jerk.

Speaking as someone who's worked in a position very similar to GM Deynger here - they're absolutely right, feedback does get read and passed along from the community to the higher ups. Collecting feedback is a big part of that type of position. Why else do you think there would be GMs directly interacting with the community? The issue lies in whether SEGA JP is willing to listen to that feedback or not, but I sincerely believe the NA GMs and support staff are doing their best. So please continue to give feedback on the game, as that's the only way anyone's voices can be heard. If nothing else please don't spread the false impression that feedback is outright ignored, because that kind of defeatist philosophy doesn't help anyone at all.

Change won't always come quickly and sometimes there are other factors involved that might not be obvious from a player's perspective, but as long as the NA staff can point at feedback and say "look, our players over here don't like this, here's proof that this is still a problem", there's still hope that the higher ups at SEGA will listen. If you want to see the game improve and be the best it can be, you need to speak up, and you need to do it in a way that the NA staff can easily show it to their bosses at SEGA. Long, angry rants about how the game is terrible aren't going to be taken seriously by higher ups even if the points are valid. A calm explanation about why X part of the game isn't good and how it can be fixed, submitted through proper channels, is a hell of a lot easier to pass along successfully.

I took a really long time writing a ticket about why people I convinced to play the game are quitting and how it's an effect of the hacking on the rankings (among other stuff) and got an automated response as reply. Very cool.

@Noko8245 the first response you get is an automated one, the second is from a team member letting you know thet have received it.

@John-Paul-RAGE I got both, both clearly automated.

Multiple videos showcase hackers in Urgent Quests, very suspicious scores on the rankings for TA and CM. However not a single action has been made, when you send in a ticket you get an automated response (Both times.) and it doesnt even address the subject at hand.