Mission Pass - The Failed Season 1 Revival

I've now received two independent sources describing tiers 31 to 35. Edit: I have now also received screenshot confirmation.

To sum it up:

Origin Season Set Tier Dilemma? Over Run Tier
1 Belga OR Nadine 07 Yes No
1 Photon Wings OR Chin Beauty Marks 09 Yes No
1 Zamlord OR Zelsius 13 Yes No
1 Joker OR Lamia 17 Yes No
1 Heretic OR Candy 23 Yes No
5 Nono Schwartz 05 No 31 Group4
5 Judgment Coat 08 No 31 Group1
5 Divaliese 10 No 31 Group3
5 Valgiris 18 No 31 Group2
5 Undereye Beauty Marks 01 No 32 Group1
5 Spiked accessories 06 No 32 Group2
5 Third Eyes 12 No 34 Group1
5 Granida Capes 29 No 34 Group2
5 Seminarion Toll 27 No 35 Group1
5 Ilois Alcuria 28 No 35 Group2
5 Granida 29 No 35 Group3
5 Pionia 30 No 35 Group4

Now that this is confirmed, we as players have to be absolutely and unequivocally clear on what this means:

The Season 1 revival is a failure.

I mean that in a literal sense of the very purpose of bringing Season 1 back for PC players. When Season 1 was active, players could get ALL of these. Not only that, they could get duplicate sets of a quarter of them!

Let's refresh ourselves on what every mission pass announcement ever has said, including Season 5:

you can continue the Mission Pass in Over Run mode and then choose the options you didn’t take the first time! So don’t worry too much about difficult decisions, since we know you want them all!

If you know we want them all, why can't we get them all? Mission Pass has never forced players to leave outfit sets behind before. Why start doing that with a revival?! Some of us want both Zamlord and Zelsius! Why for the first time are we being denied that which was allowed before many of us could play?

It's worth mentioning this is not just a choice for whichever gender your primary character is; some of these outfits sets contain unisex hairstyles and accessories.

I call this prospect a failed revival because in order to fix this, they will need to bring back Season 1 a second time, so we can get the half of the content that we weren't allowed to take this time. Besides the continued upset this would cause Xbox players, the need for this was entirely unavoidable:

The part about "Up to 1 group can be claimed." could have been changed to "Up to 2 groups can be claimed." for those tiers to let us claim both. The tiers could even have just put the two competing sets in Group1 so we didn't have to give up on one of them entirely.

As an interlude, let's discuss the prospect of "Season 1 Revival Part 2":

As things stand, newer players (including all PC players) are only able to claim half of the Season 1 content: Of the eight outfits that originally had their own tiers, we can only receive four. Of the three weapon camos from Season 1, only two exist in Season 5. Of the two accessory sets, we can only receive one. The only things we got completely were the only room furnishing (Rappy Platter) and the only emote (Air Guitar).

Broadly that's half a season. If this setup was repeated, we could have a carbon-copy half-revival in Season 6 or a future season, just replacing the Summer Festival Bow, Summer Lillipan and Rappy Platter with the remaining weapon camo that wasn't renewed (Rose Saber).

It begs the question: If that was the plan all along, why did we get half a revival that pretended to be a full revival? We could have got the first half (Zamlord, Zelsius, Belga and Nadine) in four distinct tiers one season with the second half being left out entirely. That way players would understand that it was a half-revival and likely expect that the other half was coming at a later date. There wouldn't be a feeling of us all missing out the way there is now.

Maybe there is a plan to do a Season 1 Revival Part 2. After all, giving us the full content set from Season 1 would make the gold tickets for Season 5 twice as rewarding as usual and that wouldn't be a good expectation to foster. If that is the case, maybe all eight sets and two accessory sets were brought back the way they were so players could choose which set to get first, allowing us to get our preference first and the other one in a future season.

It's possible, but it stretches out a catch-up process that nobody really wants to see prolonged. Xbox players seem to want revivals to go away so everything is new again, and PC players want to be caught up without any of this delay or upset. Still, it can't hurt to ask. This would be the cleanest way to fix the mess that Season 1's revival appears to have become.

GMs: This is wrong. Please take measures to fix this mess. And looking ahead, please don't allow this to happen again. PC players still need a revival of both Season 2 and tiers 24+ of Season 3. On behalf of all new players starting from mid-May onwards I implore you to find a better way to deliver those. Such as:

• Splitting each revival into two seasons (First half: OG tiers 05/08/10/18, one camo and the emote. Second half: OG tiers 27/28/29/30, two camos and the furnishing). (Obviously for Season 3 only one half-revival is needed).
  • Lump pairs of revival sets into Group1 in a tier.
  • Let us choose more than one Group in affected tiers.

The short version is: Don't tell us that we can only have one of two things for everything players could always get both of before we could play. It's not fair, and it's not right.

And if there's something else we haven't been told yet and we actually can get everything from Season 1 still, I am fully ready to apologise for this giant post and would deeply appreciate some reassurance about this sooner rather than later.

Other than the photon wings / beauty marks - it really doesn't effect players like me as all the other ones with no over run tier are either male or female and all my characters are 1 gender.

What should be complained about is that all of these are non-tradeable while being regular tradeable AC scratched on JP, and it's common that old things often get revivals on newer AC scratches.

I wouldn't be surprised if they start mixing old things and new things for newer mission passes so all of these are going to repeat again and again.

Wait, really? That's bull, because I want the full Lamia set and the Joker body, but if I can't both both from this pass I am going to be seriously unhappy.

@Matt said in Mission Pass - The Failed Season 1 Revival:

Wait, really? That's bull, because I want the full Lamia set and the Joker body, but if I can't both both from this pass I am going to be seriously unhappy.

I think besides the people who have multiple characters (or want to dress up their opposite-gendered auxiliary), some of the other-gender sets also have unisex hairstyles and accessories. It's one thing to not be able to account-bind those but it's another altogether to not even get one.

Edit: I have now received screenshot confirmation of what tiers 31-35 contain. It's basically the same as a usual season, with the second-chances entirely limited to Season 5 content in the same was as seasons 1-4. The only positive to take from this mess is content new to Season 5 has not been compromised.

I've adjusted the wording of the OP to utilise our new certainty.

Idk I think this is a practice go for a revival of Mission Pass items. I'm currently happy with it, there's a lot of CAST parts I missed out on that I'm happy I got back, and I only really play one main character, so I'm overall satisfied and I think this is mainly an issue for people that run multiple characters.

@Miraglyth Can you please post the pic of the tiers 31-35? 🙂

@Novaline said in Mission Pass - The Failed Season 1 Revival:

Idk I think this is a practice go for a revival of Mission Pass items.

That's... quite an assumption to make. I don't expect this is true, and even if it was, who is that intended to satisfy? The Xbox players are going to complain about only getting mission badges (which they are, even though the season 1 content is in addition to a complete set of new season 5 content) and the PC players are going to complain that it's half a solution to a problem (which it is).

It's not impossible, certainly, we just don't have any reason to believe it is. It would still be reassuring to hear it is though. This is one of those times where a GM speaking up to tell us things are better than they seem would go a long way. But the last time that happened was the Ship 4 incident which doesn't give me much hope.

I only really play one main character, so I'm overall satisfied and I think this is mainly an issue for people that run multiple characters.

I can add four more issues to that list:

• Tier 09 is a choice between two accessory sets. All characters are able to use both. We can only get one of them. In Season 1 you could get both and account bind one.

• The male option in Tier 13 contains Zamlord Guards, a unisex accessory I have seen female characters using. The female option contains Zelsius Headgear, another unisex accessory, and Rough Pigtails GV, a unisex hairstyle. So both options cause everyone to miss out on something.

• The female option in Tier 23 contains Candy Headgear, a unisex accessory. Players with female mains can claim this without loss as the male option only has the outfit, but players with male mains cannot get the accessory unless they sacrifice the outfit.

• Everyone has auxiliaries, often of the opposite gender to their character to make use of outfits they otherwise couldn't. So we all have uses for the outfits we cannot get.

@Cikia said in Mission Pass - The Failed Season 1 Revival:

@Miraglyth Can you please post the pic of the tiers 31-35? 🙂

Certainly. To give due credit this comes from @frostsgt on Twitter; it was taken with a camera so I have given it a quick perspective adjustment:

img

Those icons are:

• Tier 31: Judgment Coat (tier 08; new to Season 5)
  • Tier 32: Undereye Beauty Mark (tier 01; new to Season 5)
  • Tier 33: The usual Affix Augments every season's tier 33 gives
  • Tier 34: Third Eye (tier 12; new to Season 5)
  • Tier 35: Seminarion Toll and Esplendo Semi-Medium (tier 27; new to Season 5)

@frostsgt also shared screens of the group choices of each of these tiers which are listed in updated OP, but to summarise it's the same way all 4 previous seasons have done Over Run: Tier 31 is one outfit from 05/08/10/18, tiers 32 and 34 are accessory choices, tier 33 is an affix augment and tier 35 is one outfit from 27-30.

In short Season 5 includes a complete and full season of new content, including the same Over Run provision as usual. There's even three new weapon camos which is consistent with all four previous seasons. Xbox players who have been complaining that this season "is just old stuff" completely missed the point that when you take out the revived items Season 5 is no smaller than others.

It's just Season 1 that got a half-revival, with the added pain of having to sacrifice things for the first time ever.

TLDR to complete the revival we still need the eight outfits and two accessory sets to return a second time, ideally with the Rose Saber camo that didn't make it into this one. Only then would the revival be complete and PC players not be treated as lesser beings.

Thank you!!

Honestly there's not even enough over-run tiers in these mission passes to begin with. It's entirely possible to go past them but you don't get anything.

Once again, those are my opinions and you're trying to push your logic onto a response that isn't going to change. I love the fact that there were multiple CAST parts that I was able to claim, and even claim twice for some of the head parts I can unlock on my account.

I thought the Mission Pass for a revival was honestly fine, learn to deal with an opposing opinion.

Once again, those are my opinions and you're trying to push your logic onto a response that isn't going to change.

Whether or not you change your opinion is up to you. You're free to think what you want. I'm just informing anyone of the impact of Sega not letting us claim any of the returning Season 1 content without having to give up on more of it.

I love the fact that there were multiple CAST parts that I was able to claim, and even claim twice for some of the head parts I can unlock on my account. I thought the Mission Pass for a revival was honestly fine [snip]

This explains why I reply the way I do. Anyone who reads a paragraph like this and doesn't know better would think you're able to claim some of the revived Season 1 content twice.

You can't. Anything you could claim twice (or even once without sacrificing another choice) was not from the Season 1 revival at all, but new content that debuted in Season 5 and unrelated to the topic. I need to explain the problem with the Season 1 revival to spare such readers from misunderstanding.

I can ONLY assume that we may get these things added back in future seasons. IF they give a half revival here, and a half revival a few months after, while also mixing in new content like it was done here, wouldn't it be then a matter of patience?

....oh, and also thanks for collecting and sharing this info.

@Miraglyth

Bruh Lamia parts was from Season 1, what are you on? It's like you're complaining to complain at this point, and reading your posts from not only head, but also Twitter, your replies are always so entitled and snippy. Seriously, back off.

I thought it was fine, if you think that "I don't know any better", you can quite frankly piss off.

@ZorokiHanuke said in Mission Pass - The Failed Season 1 Revival:

I can ONLY assume that we may get these things added back in future seasons. IF they give a half revival here, and a half revival a few months after, while also mixing in new content like it was done here, wouldn't it be then a matter of patience?

There's no assumption involved there - you're completely right. We may get a season 1 revival part 2 in the future. It may be planned, or if this was planned to be it for a season 1 revival they may be able to be encouraged to change their minds.

Honestly if this was communicated clearly as the plan, we should be quite happy about it all because it would allow us to see only the positive side of the revival and not be clouded by what would be a nonexistent negative we now have to worry about until the day "S1R2" happens.

This would also ward against another danger - We've seen with Season 5 that some Xbox players have complained that "most of the season is old stuff". Ignoring how that's wrong twice (it is not most of the season, and even without it the new stuff is the same volume as previous seasons). If they were to bring back Season 1 content a third time as is now needed, imagine the reaction they'll have to that.

But overall the possibility you raise has mileage. If they were to repeat the addition of old on top of new in subsequent seasons it would effectively be a permanent upgrade to the mission pass. And honestly if this is what they're going for, I'd recommend they promote that front at centre at the start of Season 6 - "From now on Mission Pass will be even better!"

@ZorokiHanuke said in Mission Pass - The Failed Season 1 Revival:

....oh, and also thanks for collecting and sharing this info.

You're welcome! I strive to inform because it helps us all know better where we stand.

Bruh Lamia parts was from Season 1, what are you on?

First I must be clear: I didn't say you didn't know better. Please don't misuse quotation marks. I described a potentially uninformed reader of your post, who could falsely infer the problem this topic details does not exist.

More importantly though... are you telling me you were able to "even claim twice" for the Lamia parts?

How? Which tiers did you get them from? To my knowledge you can only get them from tier 17, and only by giving up on the Joker set.

If you could claim Lamia twice that likely means you had the ability to claim both Lamia and Joker, which (if also true for the other four) would mean the entire problem disappears as I would have been wrong the whole time.

I'll never rule out the possibility that I've missed something, especially when it would resolve the entire problem. If you could correct my information I'll be hugely grateful!

Bruh Lamia parts was from Season 1, what are you on? It's like you're complaining to complain at this point, and reading your posts from not only head, but also Twitter, your replies are always so entitled and snippy. Seriously, back off. I thought it was fine, if you think that "I don't know any better", you can quite frankly piss off.

I'm a little confused here.

The issue presented in the OP is that the revivals from Season 1 are placed in the same tiers while ranking up your mission pass, and are not present in the over tiers, meaning that you cannot actually get everything you want from the mission pass by completing all 35 tiers. There are various things which are unisex too, meaning it may affect people who only play one character as well.

Example: Lamia cast parts and Joker cast parts are both tier 17, and only one can be taken. Once you do this, you cannot get the other by ranking up to 31+, as they are simply not present.

Example 2: Tier 9 has two accessory sets which you may want both of, but you can only choose one and they are not present in 31+.

However, you seem to be arguing that this is all totally fine and you can claim everything or something? Which you can't. If you didn't play Season 1, either through not knowing the game existed or not having an Xbox 1 at the time, you're basically screwed out of getting everything you want in this pass if you want multiple things, which was not an issue in the previous passes.