SG only items are too expensive for how much you get (free and paid)

Personally I don't care all that much about the accessories, but I do care about the principle. Now that SG outfits are going for like 500k+ it's becoming less and less of a way to gain star gems. Taking into account the minimum cost item on fresh finds is usually ~80 sg for a smaller accessory and 400 for an outfit, most players will have no chance of earning the sg before the item is gone. Star Gems feel like they're supposed to be a way for players to earn premium features through playing the game, but right now they're just a crappier version of AC.

I'm at a loss with regards to the intention of this strategy. Is AC not bringing in enough money that two mtx are necessary?

@Treskatay said in SG only items are too expensive for how much you get (free and paid):

Personally I don't care all that much about the accessories, but I do care about the principle. Now that SG outfits are going for like 500k+ it's becoming less and less of a way to gain star gems. Taking into account the minimum cost item on fresh finds is usually ~80 sg for a smaller accessory and 400 for an outfit, most players will have no chance of earning the sg before the item is gone. Star Gems feel like they're supposed to be a way for players to earn premium features through playing the game, but right now they're just a crappier version of AC.

I'm at a loss with regards to the intention of this strategy. Is AC not bringing in enough money that two mtx are necessary?

That was the original explanation in JP when SG first came out; but there was a huge back lash from the JP community over it that they ended up adding more ways to earn SG. I am honestly not sure what the thought process over why SG is how it currently is nor do I think it matters what their intentions were. It isn't like we can actually figure it out. The only thing to do is to be vocal on that it is an issue and make sure we speak loudly on official channels so they know we don't approve of it.

Cost of SG aside- which is way too high. I think there needs to be more transparency from the devs with this scratch. In JP- 40 scratches(across any banner- and multiple banners) would earn you a ticket that allowed you to pick an item from any scratch.

In NA- it's worded like you need to roll 40 from a single banner- to get a ticket that can only be used on tHAT banner. So if you rolled 30- when the scratch ends- not only will you not be able to roll 10 on the next banner to get a free ticket- but your progress would reset. And even if you rolled 40 on the next banner you would not be able to use the ticket when that ended. We need to know what happens to the ticket after the banner- if we need to wait years for the SG banner to come back to use it- or if it can be switched to a free ticket instead.. This is just more Fear of Missing Out tactics that pressure you into buying SG early where as JP you can roll SG without worry- trade in items you don't want for badges to buy the free tickets and also get a free bonus even without trade ins at 40 rolls to always get what you eventually want.

Please talk to us about these SG scratches dev. even if you can't make them more fair- at least reassure us that the tickets can be used again.