SG Tickets are now official. Thoughts?

I actually don't know why there is still an ongoing discussion about this from either side unless it is someone that has not said their own thoughts. I am against it and have said my piece but there is nothing beyond that I can say that isn't beating a dead horse.

@Ranmaru said in SG Tickets are now official. Thoughts?:

I actually don't know why there is still an ongoing discussion about this from either side unless it is someone that has not said their own thoughts. I am against it and have said my piece but there is nothing beyond that I can say that isn't beating a dead horse.

Probably the same reason why I even bothered to continue to respond to said persons. Nothing else really being discussed at the moment. Trying in hopes that the other side properly understands why people are upset. Even if they disagree. At the moment it seems like the most two prominent outspoken individuals do not understand as evidence by their continual misrepresentation of the issues being expressed to them. And in the general hopes to dispel the conflation so that if new people come into the discussion both sides are understandable.

I actually think that is good, thank you and keep doing that. I think once a resolution (understanding) is achieved, then nothing else needs to be said except from people who have yet to comment with their opinion. I think beyond that, we can only wait, but we can remind people to send in support tickets so that their voice is heard by the company. On a side note, I think you have a similar personality to myself. (If not personality, possibly mindset) I agree with what you are doing, it helps everyone be objective and not respond with emotion, which can lead to chaos. Thanks for what you are doing, and not just in this thread.

@Ranmaru

Oh I stepped out a day or so ago from doing it. I got tired of responding in what felt like circles. Luna and the other person (sorry I forget their name) are doing a much better job and continuing to do so. But appreciate the kind words regardless.

You are welcome. Also understandable, we can't be at every place at once. Every little bit helps.

In my opinion SEGA should extend the duration of the SG Scratch banners to the 6 months that JP does, but have following SG Scratches releases every 2 months to catch up and run them all concurrently. JP currently has a lot more scratches running at the same time, enough to require a scroll bar, so it should be possible. Though, eventually the number of SG Scratches may grow to require a second page or something. Furthermore, they should increase the potential "income" of SG by a factor relative to the lowered income when compared to JP, and the increased amount of SG items available for sale.

They can do so by first counting all the potential SG available to JP players in a month, do the same for NA, then calculate the percentage difference, and increase NA's SG income by that percentage. But that was only to account for the lowered income. Then to adjust for the increased amount of SG items for sale, they can utilize a similar process as before, add up the price of each Fresh Find item & set, as well as the SG Sale Sets, and all other things that cost SG. Then, do the same for the JP version of the game's Treasure Shop (which has much less stuff, and items return randomly), along with all the other things that cost SG in JP (which is just the things in the SG Shop, except they don't have those cosmetic sets AFAIK, SG Scratch, and Material Storage and other upgrade type things that we also have) and calculate the percentage difference between NA and JP within a month or two to have large sample size, then further increase NA's SG income by that percentage. Then, the method to earn that extra SG must be repeatable, and must be a similar level of effort and time as on JP.

Also, I dislike SG items being untradeable, though I can understand why they've done so. It's because if they allowed them to be tradeable some people would make hundreds of accounts, skip through the story for the SG and sell the items back to their main, or other people and sell that Meseta for real money, contributing to the bot problem. But at least make Fresh Finds and sets give 2 of the item when purchased.

@Home-Rowed said in SG Tickets are now official. Thoughts?:

They can do so by first counting all the potential SG available to JP players in a month, do the same for NA, then calculate the percentage difference, and increase NA's SG income by that percentage. But that was only to account for the lowered income. Then to adjust for the increased amount of SG items for sale, they can utilize a similar process as before, add up the price of each Fresh Find item & set, as well as the SG Sale Sets, and all other things that cost SG.

we get a healthy amount of SG through campains and ingame already...you are asking way too much now sorry

@Home-Rowed SG income should naturally increase based on the current direction they are moving in (next increase should be buster Quests which adds 80 weekly SG), which appears to be different from how it was when the SG Scratch was released. It also looks like we are going to get IDOLA as well, as the company handling its localization has said they were working on the interconnectivity aspect with Sega. The only SG income we currently don't really have information on is PSO2es, which is really more for the QoL improvements like extra storage, OTP, feeding your mag remotely, etc. as it is only 1 SG a day.

The only issue left with SG is the SG Scratch, namely its diluted item pool and duration, especially the duration.

I don't know why but it's rather greedy of SEGA to have had that implemented. I personally will never dump real currency on SG. I'm sure some folks do it but encouraging such systems could be bad juju for New Genesis.

@Archetype-Luna said in SG Tickets are now official. Thoughts?:

The only issue left with SG is the SG Scratch, namely its diluted item pool and duration, especially the duration.

thats true...the sg scratch idea can just be removed entirely and missing items added to the fresh finds or mission pass to avoid future SG scratches

@JuggernautGTX said in SG Tickets are now official. Thoughts?:

@Archetype-Luna said in SG Tickets are now official. Thoughts?:

thats true...the sg scratch idea can just be removed entirely and missing items added to the fresh finds or mission pass to avoid future SG scratches

Or, and hear me out, they can just make SG scratches on a normal time frame like Japan's! (6 months) Not hard, they can put up multiple scratches if they had to.

@Loona the fact we cannot trade sg or battle pass items is insane, fuck this game im going back to swtor where it wont frustrate and lock out new players NOT WITH CURRENCY BARRIERS but with the greedy gacha bullshit and pushing useless subs that dont give you anything. not even DLC or expansions like swtor does