SG Tickets are now official. Thoughts?

@JuggernautGTX PSU JP lasted for years past the Western Server. The western release of PSU had a slew of problems that were never fixed.

Also, a potential fix to the Store issue had already been announced. Remember that they announced additional PC platforms coming soon at the end of the EP4 trailer.

@RainGnyu said in SG Tickets are now official. Thoughts?:

@JuggernautGTX said in SG Tickets are now official. Thoughts?:

@Archetype-Luna

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S_MrCIwh0Ms

60000 likes about a video that points out the pc problems the game has and why many people have to wait - now according to your logic these are 60000 players seeing this as the biggest concern against your 200-400 players having a problem with SG

so again according to your logic 60000 people care about actually playing the game and feel unhappy about the pc release because of it

Good point!

It's a youtube channel with 251k subscribers that had 1.6 k likes, not 60k likes, it had 60k (probably should round to 70k honestly) views. That channel has more subscribers than the PSO2 reddit, so it will naturally get more views and likes due to having a larger population. It doesn't deescalate the issue of SG in anyway. They are both serious issues. The channel is also about MMO's in general and not dedicated to PSO2. Also, if you are going to compare the number of likes on the posts to the entire population of the PSO2 subreddit despite how some of them may be JP players, then shouldn't we count the 1600 likes to the entirety of the channel subscribers? Even then,1600 out of 70k is like only 2.2%.

Furthermore, as a stated before, the Microsoft Store issues are unlikely to be solved by Sega. Microsoft is the one who holds all the keys for the Store.

Let me quickly repost my previous post on the Microsoft Store issue:

I don't think Sega has access to the Microsoft Store's source code nor would Microsoft let them look at it. Corporations tend to guard their proprietary code pretty zealously.

The issue stems from how the Store is designed to handle updates and patches of the apps downloaded from it, but PSO2 has its own launcher to do that. The likely fix would be to remove the PSO2 launcher and have the Microsoft Store handle all of PSO2's updates and patches. The Microsoft Store does not like it when a program uses its own launcher to update and patch itself; hence why it often nukes the game. This likely requires access to the Microsoft Store that Sega does not have.

Microsoft should be the one handling this because they are the ones equipped to do so. They should understand their own store more than Sega does. Essentially, for Sega to fix it themselves, they would likely need a level of access to the store that Microsoft does not allow.

In no way does handling the SG situation delay the Microsoft Store or platform issue. They are different enough that different people should be working on each. There shouldn't be an overlap of labor between the two. If anything, Microsoft should be the main one handling the Store issue as again, they hold all the keys for it. I highly doubt they gave Sega the access they need to fix it themselves. Even if Sega had to be the one to fix it, the Store issue is a programming/engineering issue while the SG situation is a monetization issue. They are incredibly different and different people should be handling each, even if Sega is doing both, as each one requires a completely different set of skills.

If somehow one does delay the other, then Sega has gross management issues overall and that would be incredibly worrisome. I highly doubt that this is the case due to how serious of an issue this would be.

Plus additional PC platforms was announced in the EP4 trailer for NA. So we may have the solution to our Microsoft Store issue already in the works.

@Archetype-Luna

well my concern would be...the "additional platform" does not solve the windows store issues... and how they wanna do it? i mean everything is bound to xbox live or whatever that is (never used it before)...will there be an account transfer? will the account be "unbound" and we get an ingame friendlist? idk - just one of the things i am actually worried about and wish to get some clarity

@Zizel I wish I can sound as eloquent as you but alas my chinese english and impulsiveness tend to make things always worse.

@Archetype-Luna

well my concern would be...the "additional platform" does not solve the windows store issues... and how they wanna do it? i mean everything is bound to xbox live or whatever that is (never used it before)...will there be an account transfer? will the account be "unbound" and we get an ingame friendlist? idk - just one of the things i am actually worried about and wish to get some clarity

Actually xbox live does not cause the issue. The issue is due to the architecture of the store and how it is supposed to work versus the jerry-rigged method it currently works with. Just because it is bound to xbox live does not mean it is also bound to the store. Xbox live functions as the login credentials and the friend/block list.

The issue with the store mainly lies within the permission settings. That's why for most people who use Tweaker, it prevents a lot of the issues. The issue why some people still have issues is likely due to the part where the game still has to register with the store in a way so that it can access the xbox live credentials and let the user buy things like AC. This means that there is still a connection to the Microsoft Store which is the potential issue that some people have.

The Microsoft Store was designed to handle all of an app's updates and patches while PSO2 has its own launcher to do that. This means the launcher has to inherit the store's permissions. This greatly over-complicates the process and is prone to error. When the store sees a program with modifications that it does not remember applying, it stores it away, thinking the app was tampered with, and requires a redownload. That's why you see people having issues where the game disappears. There are also issues with symbolic links which, again, over-complicates thing

All another platform has to do is simply link the platform's account with the xbox live account and allow for the purchase of micro transactions to be handled by that platform as well. So if it is Steam for example, you would just need to be able to link your xbox live account to your steam account and be able to buy things like AC on Steam. If you can completely bypass the Microsoft Store, you'll likely solve the issues.

So, assuming that don't require unnecessary connections to the Microsoft Store, the additional platforms will likely solve the issues. So right now, there is an actual upcoming potential solution tot he store issue.

We don't have any news on a solution to the SG issue. Plus, again, I would like to say that there is no reason why one of these issues has to take precedent over the other due to their solutions require completely different skill sets. One has to deal with technical issues while another has to deal with in-game monetization.

@Archetype-Luna

https://forum.pso2.com/topic/6205/informational-want-your-feedback-heard-use-the-tools-we-have-to-your-advantage

well what are your thoughts on this one....honestly i just clicked on it didn know it actually exists

edit: nvm already seen you comment on it

@JuggernautGTX What do you mean what are my thoughts? I posted in that thread several times. I greatly approve of it as do the GM's (hence why they stickied it). It explains how support tickets are a form of official form of communication with Sega and an avenue to voice any feedback that we may have. I have referred to it on reddit, twitter, this forum, and in game.

I highly recommend people to visit that thread if they have questions on submitting a support ticket like what category should feed back on SG be under.

I've sent a ticket in myself already and have seen others do the same.

I am hoping that a good deal of people send in support tickets on the issue of SG. The more that are sent in, the more likely some positive changes will happen.

@Archetype-Luna ya already seen your comments on it wich i noticed after putting a reply on here...but:

@Shmyules said in [Informational] Want your feedback heard? Use the tools we have to your advantage.:

Just your average conspiracy theorist over here, but it's highly unlikely that tickets submitted regarding "feedback" will ever be read. You will get an automated response at best before your ticket disappears. Additionally, megathreads for "suggestions/feedback" just hide all of that away in a nice box. Out of sight, out of mind. Someone may be paid to interact with us on these forums, but that doesn't mean any of our feedback and suggestions will reach those that make decisions regarding the game.

and then people like this exist who paint the world grey again...

what i would like to see (and also will suggest) that we get a weekly letter from the community manager that shows some points that got suggested by the community - and the future plan of them on how to handle things in the future

if people really bother and care about this version of the game and send in their feedback - wich then gets overviewed by the devs and posted and responded to "something like hot topics" and then officially posted on the PSO2 website - it would make me feel (personally) better to know on whats coming next and what issues are being worked on currently

@JuggernautGTX The main thing to understand is that the devs for NA are the same devs as JP. Simply put, the support team for NA relays information to Sega in Japan. The support team themselves are very limited in what they can do and can announce. This means that communication between NA and the devs will likely be limited unless they do something like FFXIV and their live letters.

So again, the support team here is very limited in what they can say as they are basically a messenger.

However, despite all of this, it is still important that if we want changes we have to be vocal about it. That's why I am being vocal here, the support tickets, on reddit, twitter, and in game. I feel strongly about the SG issue so I am using every channel I can while also showing said channels to as many people as I can.

@Zizel said in SG Tickets are now official. Thoughts?:

@HarmlessSyan

You of all tells me that you put hope into NA? But advertising how you quit it and went back to JP already? Please you are the perfect example of a JP whiteknight who doesn give a f about NA and is just here to mock on those who enjoy the game and dont share your personal problems

My dude, there is a difference between criticism and mockery. Just because someone plays on JP doesn't mean they never touched NA nor want it to fail. On the contrary, if they really wanted it to fail they wouldn't share their concerns or feedback, to begin with, they'd have just left.

But if we are going to play that game then I'll take player one. The bottom line is NA is suffering from a lot of problems. Technical problems, communication problems, monetization problems, economy problems, censorship problems and more. Every change the NA dev team has made to the NA server has been coherently bad, the dev's are refusing to communicate with the player base, they wont even communicate with the GM's who are trying their best to push our feedback through to them. But every suggestion, every ounce of feedback this community has given has been totally and utterly ignored. At this point it feels like the devs are purposely trying to piss us off, like they have some kind of grudge against us. People are getting absolutely choked and fed up over being treated like garbage on this server and I can't say I blame them for wanting to leave or migrate to the JP server, their frustration is completely understandable because the only time i've seen a dev team so stubborn and unwilling to speak to us like the NA team is now is back when Master x Master opened up and that game shut down 6 months after it released.

I played on NA since day one of windows release and supported the server the best I could. I even bought a founders pack and regularly bought AC. I genuinely wanted NA to do well, but as time went on the dev team just kept changing more things for the worst, sometimes it was little things like removing flavour text, sometimes it was big things like removing the entire friend system in favour of the xbox app, sometimes the change was so unnecessary you wonder why they even thought to do it in the first place. But these changes add up and the PSO2 you know around you slowly begins to change, sadly in this case for the worse, almost every change was either making something more restrictive, harder to obtain, more expensive, etc etc, and the dev team just doesn't stop with these changes. People get mad and rightfully so and the dev team just turns their head and laughs. There's a topic in the suggestion forum about removing the height restriction from the character creator that was made back in February that has 620 posts, and still the dev team ignores it.

With that said, about a week ago I decided to stop playing on NA and I migrated to JP. The difference is really astonishing, you look at JP and then NA and you can't even believe NA is the same game anymore. But that aside, I choose to leave NA because the state of NA is not good and the devs are making no effort to fix in, simply put I've lost faith in the team behind the PSO2 NA project and have begun showing my support for the game on another server. Does that mean I want NA to crash and burn and fail? absolutely not. I truly hope from the bottom of my heart that this server can be saved and made into the amazing PSO2 experience everyone is seeking. I would love to come back to NA one day and see all the issues fixed and the community happy, i would love to support the NA server again. However, what you are asking people to do is to sit in a sesspool of a mess of a server, that is watered down, heavily changed, heavily censored, heavily monetized and more, and keep throwing their money and support at it in hopes that a dev team, that has already demonstrated that have NO interest what so ever in listening to us, might have mercy on us and start doing better.

I don't think anyone as a player should have t go through that, if you are happy with NA , then fine, more power to you, I've said that since day one and I will keep saying that. But for those who want a better game environment, a better PSO2 experience then I am absolutely going to tell them about the JP server. Because I'd rather see people migrate to the JP server and keep playing rather then watch them walk away from the game altogether. Its an option people have for a better experience and its a simple install away. I don;t think I'm wrong for showing people the opportunity for a better PSO2 experience if they are looking for one, but I'm not going to sit here and lick the NA devs boots like some people are when the state of the server is abysmal. I improved my PSO2 experience by migrating and everyone else can as well.

I do hope that one day I can come back to this server and see a better PSO2NA server. But given the track record of the dev team, I'm not holding my breath and you shouldn't either.

Just quoting this because I greatly agree with it and don't want people missing it by going immediately to the last page.

@Archetype-Luna

4f202a8c-7add-4263-9a4b-acf888ddecba-image.png

16e533bd-c1d4-4286-ae89-f019e60e63ac-image.png

b4bd84a0-49d0-4548-9ce9-30c53ae626b6-image.png

5e999262-f887-402f-98e8-b93f92b78211-image.png

ac57ffc3-8f49-44c9-a59c-545164c71d2a-image.png

just asked for the first time in alliance how they actually feel about it and got this as a reply - never read about SG things before (and we are a 100 man alliance) so i thought ill just ask myself to see how someone else would feel about it (who doesn go on forum or social media and just plays the game) - me being the red 1 behind texts

as you can see i asked completly neutral without stating my own opinion (to prevent a possible manipulation on ones opinion)

so to sum it up...sending in feedback helps more than fighting for the best argument or threaten to "do whatever" if things dont go the way one wants without giving the other part time to make some changes about it...but i dont wanna go over the "i quit and move to xy" discussion again - especially cause we both are unlike that

so to sum it up...sending in feedback helps more than fighting for the best argument or threaten to "do whatever" if things dont go the way one wants without giving the other part time to make some changes about it...but i dont wanna go over the "i quit and move to xy" discussion again - especially cause we both are unlike that

Feedback! What are marvelous idea! If only there were some sort of official forums moderated by Sega or Sega hired staff that we could post our thoughts on the matter, or discuss it for them to read. That would be amazing if it existed.

@Dr-Roflopogus said in SG Tickets are now official. Thoughts?:

Feedback! What are marvelous idea! If only there were some that we could post our thoughts on the matter for them to read. That would be amazing if it existed.

@GM-Deynger said in [Informational] Want your feedback heard? Use the tools we have to your advantage.:

Having suggestions in one section is much more helpful, as when gathering feedback, we have only one place to look, instead of reading through all of the general threads which tend to get buried easily.

https://forum.pso2.com/topic/6205/informational-want-your-feedback-heard-use-the-tools-we-have-to-your-advantage

glad to help

@JuggernautGTX I mean I've already sent my feedback and I still log into NA. However, I don't think just sending in feedback and being quiet about it afterwards will help. Even the people who left for JP still want to see the NA server improve.

Part of why I am active on this forum, twitter, and reddit is to try to convince people that it is worthwhile to send in feedback. Not everyone knows the difference between NA and JP in this regard. Some people do not believe their feedback matters and that nothing will change. That's why it is important to be vocal about this, so more people will have more information and to try and convince people that their feedback matters. Not everyone is aware of the avenues for feedback either.

It also seems that people in your alliance see a lot of the same problems I do.

My warnings on people moving to the JP servers are founded on how a number of JP players who live in the west refuse to switch over to the NA servers because of how PSO1 and PSU ended up in the west. Again, the series does not have a good western track record. The SG tickets and current monetization are a huge red flag.

My biggest issues are when people say something like this:

No! What we saying is, it not that serious! Stop bashing those who choose to spend their money on the game they enjoy. You make it sound like those that do spend don’t know what they are doing. You talk about how people are leaving but I personally see no indication of that being so. But what I have noticed on the more populated server like 1,2,3 and 69 on ship 1 is people bash those in area chat about them spending money on SG. Why is that?

But most of the time they are ignored and not even noticed. Maybe because they having to much fun.

People are not leaving and because you say it so doesn’t make so. Once this blows over their will be a new thread of dissatisfaction. People will find new ways to complain to draw attention to their bandwagon.

I rather people spend money on pixels than drugs or booze/alcohol!

or this:

Only reason you guys are sounding off about JP is because you have put in time and money over there. You are established and really don’t want to start over on the NA version. You seen it all and done it all and you can’t show off your accomplishments over here, like you can over there. Thus this agenda bandwagon bait thread of complaints.

Sg really not that serious!

Downplaying our concerns as trivial and unimportant while also slandering us at the same time. I have not once bashed anyone for buying SG or SG tickets. I am not complaining for the sake of complaining; I am vocal because I care about the game and the series, not because I want to have more people to show off to on JP. I've spent over 600 hours on NA, grinded like hell for my nemesis katana, did a basic 5 slot affix for it, spent some hundreds of dollars, and so on. If I only cared about JP, why would I do any of that on NA?

@JuggernautGTX You just assume no one has sent in support tickets to voice concern, just like you assumed most of the other things no one really said so far...

For real, though, some of you are a little too upset about people having voiced their opinions/concerns about something you think is frivolous and stupid. You already said your opinion, so I honestly don't know why you sit here and try to argue to play devil's advocate when, at the same time, you claim it doesn't affect you. You don't like people complaining? Take your own advice and don't access that content that upsets you lol.