SG Tickets are now official. Thoughts?

Absolutely terrible addition to the game. We now have more monetization than JP.

So this event's apparently going on for half the time as SG usually goes in in JP, while having twice the item pool?

Really? If that's the case, I don't know how anyone would think it's anything less than absurd, given the limited SG options NA has right now.

Well, guess this is one week where I just won't be touching anything scratch-wise.

The whole thing is busted and simply put, predatory.

From quality of life mechanics (material storage letting you turn stuff in directly from storage and makes crafting not a fucking nightmare) to accessories/outfits we can't even inspect before dropping the equivalent of $20 (canadian), this whole system is designed to prey upon peoples 'fear of missing out'.

The extra quality of life stuff from the material pass absolutely needs to be baseline for the game itself and SG scratch tickets need to be reduced to 20 SG a try or allow the items to be traded/sold. Though even then it costs MORE to to buy SG to play said tickets than it does for AC ones! This greed is self-destructive and going to hurt the game and earn less money overall (and probably has compared to if it had went a little easier on nickle and diming JP players) for Sega, specifically the board of directors/CEO/whatever the terminology is for all the suits that take the lion's share of earnings companies make.

I gotta wonder how the GMs here feel when they see this kinda of stuff rolling down the pipeline. Like, its been blatently obvious 99% of the players on this forum think SG in the NA version had been handled like complete !@#$ with its predatory implementation. Do they see this stuff coming and just think, "oh boy, here we go again, gonna be another great day on the ol' forums, off to work I go!"

If one of you read this feel free to come in. XD

As for what I think on the subject, its about as big a slap in the face as you can get. Thanks for treating NA like garbage Sega 🙂

I would like to point out that a decent number of people coming into this game were expecting the Mission Pass to be NA's replacement for SG Scratch. Some of them have even blown tons of their already scarce SG unlocking the tiers early.

This is all a gigantic slap in the face from Sega and Microsoft to the players and it, along with things like the repeatedly breaking installs, shoddy script/translation in some areas, the Friends List and chat services being tied to a constantly-breaking Xbox Live service, really makes me question how much they actually want this version of the game to succeed, and its players to be happy.

They have already done a fairly decent job with equipment/class balance in this sped-up climate. They can, and SHOULD, do better here. No amount of retooling the base game to be better excuses turning into greedy companies like EA or Tencent.

@IAMCRAIG said in SG Tickets are now official. Thoughts?:

The whole thing is busted and simply put, predatory.

From quality of life mechanics (material storage letting you turn stuff in directly from storage and makes crafting not a fucking nightmare) to accessories/outfits we can't even inspect before dropping the equivalent of $20 (canadian), this whole system is designed to prey upon peoples 'fear of missing out'.

The extra quality of life stuff from the material pass absolutely needs to be baseline for the game itself and SG scratch tickets need to be reduced to 20 SG a try or allow the items to be traded/sold. Though even then it costs MORE to to buy SG to play said tickets than it does for AC ones! This greed is self-destructive and going to hurt the game and earn less money overall (and probably has compared to if it had went a little easier on nickle and diming JP players) for Sega, specifically the board of directors/CEO/whatever the terminology is for all the suits that take the lion's share of earnings companies make.

I'm just quoting this because I genuinely just don't have the energy left in me to write another multi-paragraph breakdown of why this is bad, why the SG model is garbage and why sega's fucked shit up so bad it's basically killed the interest my entire friend group has had in the game despite them putting up with all the awful garbage like bugs, the windows store and the game erasing its self. This is basically the last nail in the coffin for a lot of people, it's hard to maintain the motivation to keep going when they've shown almost no interest in fixing the issues and poor translation that are still present but revel in doubling down extra hard on this bullshit despite so attempts to speak out against why it's bad from the community.

I surely feel that devs think NA players are extremely rich. richer than JP players do, to a point that they'll spend hundreds of dollars for SGs.

I knew this was going to happen, and it's utterly hilarious and yet upsetting at the same time for their attempt.

Only now am I learning of how easy it is to earn SG on JP and I'm angry. I'd hope they would implement these methods, but we all know they're not gonna.

@LapisWave said in SG Tickets are now official. Thoughts?:

I surely feel that devs think NA players are extremely rich. richer than JP players do, to a point that they'll spend hundreds of dollars for SGs.

I knew this was going to happen, and it's utterly hilarious and yet upsetting at the same time for their attempt.

To be fair, it likely isn't the devs and that it's the suits at the head of the company mandating a lot of this.

edit: @Hatsodoom said in SG Tickets are now official. Thoughts?:

Only now am I learning of how easy it is to earn SG on JP and I'm angry. I'd hope they would implement these methods, but we all know they're not gonna.

Even with the methods in JP it's still little better than a trickle feed in the greater scheme of things.

I think this has to be one of the worst decisions that I've seen the North American side of the game do, honestly. It's been stated countless times already that the Star Gem economy right now is nowhere near what it's like in JP, and that the Star Gem scratch is only 2 months instead of the JP standard of 6- this one is understandable if only because of the massively accelerated rate at which NA is moving forward with content, but it also makes it functionally impossible to acquire enough Star Gems for 40 pulls.

Not to mention that we are still in the middle of a global pandemic that has left millions of people displaced and out of a job for months. The economy of the world is in shambles, and sure it couldn't have been possible to predict this when the Localization was announced, but when the Beta first launched in April, we were already deep into the pandemic. The economy is in absolute shambles in the States, and I would really like to know if Microsoft is that desperate to make money off of people who are functionally incapable of offering it for the most part.

This also comes alongside the fact that Microsoft still hasn't addressed the issues with the install randomly deleting itself- they've addressed and fixed the lag spikes, but without a fix for the game outright deleting itself, is there even a point to trying to keep it installed, especially when the community has to rely on a third party launcher to keep the game stable? There's also the multitude of translation errors that have assuredly been pointed out. I am able to overlook them for the most part, but all of this is sending a message here, Microsoft:

Do you actually care about the game at all? Or the community with which you claim to support? Or did you see this as a way to make a quick cash grab before the Japanese servers explode in about 2 to 3 years?

I've seen far too many franchises ruined by executive meddling over the past ten- fifteen years. The desire to make money at the expensive of their players has always, invariably, without fail, ruined an individual product, at worst the entire franchise, and caused it to be remembered in infamy. I do not want to see the same happen to Phantasy Star's MMOs- especially not after the catastrophe that was Universe.

I implore you, Microsoft and Sega, please listen to your player base. Please listen to what they are saying. I'm not saying you have to bend to their every demand and whimsy, but please- put them before the urge to make a profit. You will find, surprisingly enough, when players are treated with respect and aren't forced into a corner, they are more willing to spend money supporting a product that they feel actually respects them and their time.

All this weird predatory monetization and half assed implementation of content is really upsetting, honestly, I've played this game for 8 years and I care about it a lot, but they're really dropping the ball here. I desperately want this game to succeed but at the moment is this really anything other than a cash grab? I don't want this to end up like SEA.

By the way, I made a post about this in the suggestions section as well where I detailed my thoughts a little better: https://forum.pso2.com/topic/6189/sg-only-items-are-too-expensive-for-how-much-you-get-free-and-paid

@DerxwnaKapsyla Give this man a medal.

Honestly seeing that made me angry. They already are nickel and dime ppl as it is with a substantial lack of content now they expect ppl to spend a stupid amount on SG scratcher that still has FILLER.