SG Tickets are now official. Thoughts?

@JuggernautGTX What shape do you think the Earth is by chance? Just wondering, seeing as there's a select group of individuals that no matter how much factual evidence they're shown like to disregard literally all of it as they hold true to their false beliefs. You seem like you'd fit in well there.

You've contributed literally nothing of value this entire thread because every point made is countered and explained with multiple reasons why that isn't the case. When given a list of facts time and time again, your only response has been"but but, you shouldn't be able to buy all there is to buy with it!" We get it, there was probably 1 person in the hundreds I've seen complaining mentioning that, way to latch on to something no one is actually fighting for. Go you!

People have already went over this but I guess it needs to be simplified further. THERE IS MORE THAN ONE PERSON WORKING ON THE GAME. In fact, there's probably more than TWO. Shocking I know. Do you know what those two people can do? Work on different tasks at the same time! Companies don't work on one task at a time because you couldn't be more inefficient, not to mention Msoft is probably mostly to blame for the troubles with getting the game to run so it's not even Sega having to fix the larger issues in the first place. So before you bring up that "bigger concerns" issue again, remember that point was made worthless here before posting it in the future.

I'm pretty sure JuggernautGTX is just false flagging. After several attempts at providing evidence just to have a "no you" spat back in response, I highly doubt they are seriously trying to have a discussion with their own opinions.

@JuggernautGTX said in SG Tickets are now official. Thoughts?:

i dont wanna feel butthurt over a free to gain currency in a free to play game for some free to get fashion. Stop trying to get me on your train.

Again, as I said before (in addition to 90% of my points that you've outright ignored because you've been unable to twist them into a narrative that suits you), if you enjoy the game as it is, that's great. No one wants to take that from you. Nobody is trying to get you on any "train" or what not, they've simply presented you with factual information for the situation at hand. You are fully within your right to make up your mind and respectfully disagree as well.

You, however, have come into this topic and others like it filled with vitriol. You've spouted enormously broad personal assumptions and misinformation as fact:

Now what about you and the guys who feel entitled to get all the SG stuff for free (dont correct me thats exactly what most of the guys actually want - because most are crying for free SG that is missing compared to JP)

This is your exact quote.

All i read is "help i get more free SG in JP wich is at episode 6 and 8 years old than NA wich is currently at episode 3 and only few months out babyrage"

This one too.

It's not constructive discussion. Your literal only point so far has been:

You cannot compare JP with NA ever. No matter the game. The western market is being handled differently from the eastern market.

Which is a point you've been challenged repeatedly on, and you've shown zero evidence to support your position. A position you steadfastly hold in the face of overwhelming evidence to the contrary. It's not even an objective point. It's one you've made entirely subjectively, and have reduced to what is essentially strawman attacks on anyone who disagrees. What other few points you've tried to make are mostly just echoes of the things the people you're arguing against already said.

At this point, nobody likely believes you can be convinced or is even deeply invested in it. However, we would all probably like it if you curbed your attitude and stopped acting like you're under personal attack while being the one primarily lashing out at others.

@JuggernautGTX said in SG Tickets are now official. Thoughts?:

@Knight-Raime

Did you create this 3 days old account just to call everyone "poor" who disagrees with you? Been reading your latest replies.

Please point out in any of my replies where I called anyone poor.

"So you're allowed to dictate what sounds unfair but other players are not?"

I could ask you the same question. There are bigger concerns than "how they handle SG freebies right now" wich i already mentioned in one of my previous replies. One them being how to run the game smoothly on each platform.

Pretty sure monotization models are pretty important for the game overall.

"That's great for you. Why are you trying to make others feel the way you do."

And again i could ask you the same question - i dont wanna feel butthurt over a free to gain currency in a free to play game for some free to get fashion. Stop trying to get me on your train.

I'm not trying to convince you of anything. I'm calling you out for your poor arguments. You've been told by myself and plenty of others that you're free to not be bothered by how stuff is. The issue is that you're here basically accusing people of being entitled. You're misrepresenting the issues people are having. And in my personal opinion borderline false flagging the thread. Also kudos to pulling the only two responses out of my reply to you that do not further the discussion at hand with the good ol "no u" responses.

Why is it that the player’s who are playing Pso2 JP hell bent on Pso2 NA being the same game? I personally don’t know anything about the Pso2 JP version other than what the JP players (knowledge dropping) keep shouting to the community about what next and how better the JP platform is. I would think they would want something a little different. But seems to me they just want to shout to others who don’t know what they know in an attempt at personal gratification. From the start of the forums I saw post after post about what people know about the game leaving nothing to explore or witness. Those who explore the game on JP servers had the opportunity to discover. This is why the Pso2 JP is so successful. But now that Pso2 is being shared with the NA, those that played won’t allow those who have not experience the game, the same enjoyment without the forecasting and if it deviates from their personal experience, all he’ll breaks loose. If it not one thing it’s another.

Because I have noticed a disheartening trend of bandwagon bashing anything the Dev Team does. People were upset about AC, event planning, fresh finds shops, Fourth of July event, and now SG just to name a few. If the world doesn’t end, there will be shouting and crying on the forums about any holiday events they have plan for the Pso2 NA version.

In short! Pso2 NA should not be the same game in retrospect has the Pso2 JP. Just like countries that drive on the opposite sides of the roads. You get the thumb or the finger depending which side of the road you are driving on.

@RainGnyu said in SG Tickets are now official. Thoughts?:

Why is it that the player’s who are playing Pso2 JP hell bent on Pso2 NA being the same game? I personally don’t know anything about the Pso2 JP version other than what the JP players (knowledge dropping) keep shouting to the community about what next and how better the JP platform is. I would think they would want something a little different. But seems to me they just want to shout to others who don’t know what they know in an attempt at personal gratification. From the start of the forums I saw post after about what people know about the game leaving nothing to explore or witness. Those who explore the game on JP servers had the opportunity to discover. This is why the Pso2 JP is so successful. But now that Pso2 is being shared with the NA, those that played won’t allow those who have not experience the game, the same enjoyment without the forecasting and if it deviates from their personal experience, all he’ll breaks loose. If it not one thing it’s another.

Having the monotization model be similar to JP's is not saying we want the exact same experience with the game overall. That's a pretty clumsy statement to assert.

Because I have noticed a disheartening trend of bandwagon bashing anything the Dev Team does. People were upset about AC, event planning, fresh finds shops, Fourth of July event, and now SG just to name a few. If the world doesn’t end, there will be shouting and crying on the forums about any holiday events the have plan for the Pso2 NA version.

I frequent both here and the PSO2 reddit. People hate bashing is far and away from the norm. More so to the point though that's not really relevant.

In short! Pso2 NA should not be the same game in retrospect has the Pso2 JP. Just like countries that drive on the opposite sides of the roads. You get the thumb or the finger depending which side of the road you are driving on.

It's perfectly fine if some content like cross over AC tickets (as an example) don't make it over from JP to NA. Just as it's perfectly fine if NA gets some events that were not in JP. But again, wanting a reasonable model so that NA can continue to thrive and exist is not the same thing as asking for the exact same JP experience.

Then why compare the two?

Maybe I am to simple minded?

Because there is no reason for them to be different when it comes to monetization. No one region should be monetized more aggressively than others; that is the easiest way to piss players off.

Who would want to be monetized more aggressively? That is like saying you want to be charged more money for the same product while the guy next to you gets to pay less for no reason.

@JuggernautGTX You are making SG out to be something you want it to be, not what it actually is. SG is not some super special currency, never was never will be. It is an additional premium currency, one that is based on the same mechanics as gacha games.

Look at games like FGO, FEH, GFL, Azur Lane, Ark Knights, etc. You'll see their premium currency works in the exact same manner as SG.

So stop think of it as some elite currency, it's not. It was added in an attempt to mimic gacha games and make more money, and caused a backlash on the JP servers, making them release more ways to farm it.

Ironically enough, the most successful gacha games are the ones that allow you to earn a good deal of their premium currency on a timely basis. The more f2p friendly a gacha game is, the more likely it is successful due to people being willing to pay money out of good faith.

We should not have a lesser SG income than JP. There is no reason to. Our SG rate should as close to JP's as possible. JP's SG income is not some crazy amount,it is a rather normal amount.

So again, SG is not the elite currency you make it out to be; stop trying to make it out to be one. It was added to make more money, that's it; that's its purpose, not to be some special elitist currency, but to be another premium currency that makes the game money.

@Archetype-Luna said in SG Tickets are now official. Thoughts?:

@JuggernautGTX You are making SG out to be something you want it to be, not what it actually is. SG is not some super special currency, never was never will be. It is an additional premium currency, one that is based on the same mechanics as gacha games.

Look at games like FGO, FEH, GFL, Azur Lane, Ark Knights, etc. You'll see their premium currency works in the exact same manner as SG.

So stop think of it as some elite currency, it's not. It was added in an attempt to mimic gacha games and make more money, and caused a backlash on the JP servers, making them release more ways to farm it.

Ironically enough, the most successful gacha games are the ones that allow you to earn a good deal of their premium currency on a timely basis. The more f2p friendly a gacha game is, the more likely it is successful due to people being willing to pay money out of good faith.

We should not have a lesser SG income than JP. There is no reason to. Our SG rate should as close to JP's as possible. JP's SG income is not some crazy amount,it is a rather normal amount.

So again, SG is not the elite currency you make it out to be; stop trying to make it out to be one. It was added to make more money, that's it.

Can you explain the concept behind the cosmetics that have obtainable SG attached to them? Can you explain the SG tickets you obtain in the game just for actively playing? This is why I don’t understand the argument in the thread topic. How I read the thread topic is that OP wants to penalize those who saved and switched out, outfits to obtain SG for this very purpose. Outfit and cosmetics items others cannot capitalize on. It feels like an agenda thread to me personally.

So basically you are upset they want you to spend more money? Then your personal solution is to not spend more money. Your personal Problem fixed I believe! But what I am witnessing on the forums is those trying to bandwagon the community for change in the system for their own benefit and personal agendas. I personally don’t agree with a system that if you shout loudly enough and bandwagon enough people to your personal dissatisfaction and agenda baiting tactics that creates and snowball effect that the company can’t sustain, causing the game to shut down. That doesn’t work for me in the grand scheme of things. Plus, we have not given them enough time to institute (Other added) cost saving tactics after the initial update.

@RainGnyu PSO2JP treats SG as an incentive for the player to enjoy its side content and its a better game for it

for example, look at the challenge lobbies, they are completely empty, now imagine if there was something like "you can get 100 SG weekly for free so long you have enough challenge miles"

you can bet there would be a lot of people in alliances strategizing, planning everyones roles, efficient routes and such in order to get those miles, and when they get that outfit from the SG scratch they want it does feel as something you earned

and now comes PSO2NA, treating SG as a second "cooler AC", all the side content is dead, and the only satisfaction you get is "yeah, i paid for this"

and it is not about "they need to make money", as we have the perfect example on PSO2JP, where despite giving a lot of these resources for free, it is one of the most successful games on japan

@psoslash said in SG Tickets are now official. Thoughts?:

@RainGnyu PSO2JP treats SG as an incentive for the player to enjoy its side content and its a better game for it

for example, look at the challenge lobbies, they are completely empty, now imagine if there was something like "you can get 100 SG weekly for free so long you have enough challenge miles"

you can bet there would be a lot of people in alliances strategizing, planning everyones roles, efficient routes and such in order to get those miles, and when they get that outfit from the SG scratch they want it does feel as something you earned

and now comes PSO2NA, treating SG as a second "cooler AC", all the side content is dead, and the only satisfaction you get is "yeah, i paid for this"

and it is not about "they need to make money", as we have the perfect example on PSO2JP, where despite giving a lot of these resources for free, it is one of the most successful games on japan

I understand what you are implying, but to debate the issues you have to understand a number of factors.

1. For JP it has always been new content without a comparison unlike the NA version and not to mention culture difference. As an example of this you will find in a now locked thread of Independence Day event.

2. SG have been attached to AC scratch tickets tradable outfits and daily incentives but sound like it is to much work for the free to play player’s.

3. Is JP free to play?

4. I think and have read more about the SG not being tradable more of an issue and other factors as a distraction and misdirection.

I understand what you are implying, but to debate the issues you have to understand a number of factors.

For JP it has always been new content without a comparison unlike the NA version and not to mention culture difference. As an example of this you will find in a now locked thread of Independence Day event.

SG have been attached to AC scratch tickets tradable outfits and daily incentives but sound like it is to much work for the free to play player’s.

Is JP free to play?

I think and have read more about the SG not being tradable more of an issue and other factors as a distraction and misdirection.

1- honestly i find idenpence day event as something good, shows that the PSO2NA staff is capable of doing custom content instead of relying on whats already in the game, maybe the problem of that event is that not everyone here is from the US, we are aware that the game has some kind of region lock to NA but people all over the world are joining in, but getting angry about being exposed to a culture that isnt yours is stupid

2- SG on outfits is a reward for those who actually buys the AC scratch instead of buying the outfit from the player shop using free currency, for the buyer either gives them the SG or makes the item in question more valuable when trying to sell it to F2P players

these are not viable as main method of obtaining SG, in fact almost no one does this on JP, think about it, while you are doing this, you lose the choice of dressing your character as you like because you just are wearing whatever is cheaper

3- yes it is

4- SG is not tradeable on the JP either, making them tradeable is just a solution some people have been suggesting as an alternative to giving us more free ways to obtain them, i don't think it is a good solution since it doesn't solves the problem of the dead side content

So again, SG is not the elite currency you make it out to be; stop trying to make it out to be one. It was added to make more money, that's it.

Can you explain the concept behind the cosmetics that have obtainable SG attached to them? Can you explain the SG tickets you obtain in the game just for actively playing?

Cosmetics having SG attached to them is just a way to earn SG, because again, SG is based on the same mechanics and principles as the Gacha games that are so popular in Japan. In every gacha game you earn premium currency by just logging in and by playing the game. So the SG you get for actively playing and from the costumes can be seen as part of SG's equivalent. However, if you actually look at popular gacha games, they give out their premium currency FAR more often than PSO2 NA does and have side content that allowed you to grind their premium currency on a weekly basis, like how JP has it right now.

The most popular and successful Gacha games are the ones that are generous with their premium currency, because it builds good faith the their community. Players are more willing to spend purely because they want to support the company that has been treating them well. That is true for any gacha game and true for f2p games in general.

Look at Warframe as an example of a game that treats its f2p players well; how Digital Extremes went from being on its deathbed to having annual conventions dedicated to Warframe. When a company actually has a proper and fair monetization plan, they actually can make more money than if they tried milking their players.

Fun fact: JP had a similar backlash when SG tickets came out, because they felt it monetized too aggressive initially. They actually got positive changes made to how SG is handled and the game benefited from it greatly, being known as one of the fairer f2p games and letting them compete with giants like FFXIV. If they didn't have a fair monetization plan, PSO2 would not be the second most popular MMO in Japan, and that is after taking into account the popularity of PSO1 and PSU in Japan, where they were far more successful than in the west because of proper management. It's why PSU JP lasted for several more years than the western servers.

This is why I don’t understand the argument in the thread topic. How I read the thread topic is that OP wants to penalize those who saved and switched out, outfits to obtain SG for this very purpose. Outfit and cosmetics items others cannot capitalize on. It feels like an agenda thread to me personally.

In no way are our suggestions for parity with the JP servers are penalizing those who saved and switched out outfits to obtain SG. We are giving them even more sources for SG so they can make even more SG to roll even more. If anything, this is a benefit to them. We are asking for the same level of monetization as JP. To be treated as equal costumers and not second rate citizens like we have been treated as in PSO1 and PSU. The vast majority if not all of the people who are grinding SG via costumes would love to have more ways to grind SG.

So basically you are upset they want you to spend more money? Then your personal solution is to not spend more money. Your personal Problem fixed I believe! But what I am witnessing on the forums is those trying to bandwagon the community for change in the system for their own benefit and personal agendas. I personally don’t agree with a system that if you shout loudly enough and bandwagon enough people to your personal dissatisfaction and agenda baiting tactics that creates and snowball effect that the company can’t sustain, causing the game to shut down. That doesn’t work for me in the grand scheme of things.

We are upset that they are monetizing us far more heavily than the JP version; that they are treating as lesser costumers. This is not a personal problem, this is an omen. More aggressive monetization is a sign that they want to milk us. This isn't a bandwagon trying to change the system for our benefit, we do this because we care about the game. We've seen what happened when we don't speak loud enough, PSO1 and PSU is a testament to that. The state those two games were in when they shut down in the west was horrible.

The game isn't going to shut down because it monetizes the same way it does in JP. In no way that makes sense because if that was the case, JP would not about around right now. Rather it is the opposite, these more aggressive monetization plans are far far more likely to cause the game to shut down than copying JP's monetization. No one here is doing it for their personal agendas; especially when they can just move over to the JP version and enjoy more content and less aggressive monetization, essentially joining a superior server with no downsides whatsoever.

Plus, we have not given them enough time to institute (Other added) cost saving tactics after the initial update.

SG Tickets did not come out in JP until MID Episode 4. Meaning at that point, they had PvP and Bonus Keys. We also already have the Casino and Challenge Mode. So no reason why we can't be earning SG from those already. If they waited until Episode 4, like when SG original was released in JP, and implemented all of the ways JP had to earn SG at the time. They released the SG tickets earlier without waiting for the content that was out at the time in JP to be out in NA.

For JP it has always been new content without a comparison unlike the NA version and not to mention culture difference. As an example of this you will find in a now locked thread of Independence Day event.

In no way is it currently taking into consideration any cultural differences; if anything it is doing the opposite. SG is based on gacha game mechanics, it is essentially the exact same mechanics. If anything, we should have less aggressive monetization than JP if it was taking into consideration cultural differences as Gacha games are seen less favorably in the west.

SG have been attached to AC scratch tickets tradable outfits and daily incentives but sound like it is to much work for the free to play player’s.

SG on outfits are more of an extra bonus. No one on JP uses them as their main way of gathering SG because it is not really sustainable due to the cost of outfits. The weekly incentives are there to reward players for playing those side contents; whether it is too much work for a f2p player is up the the player. Some only do some of the side content while others do all of it for maximum rewards. That is how it works in gacha games as well; the more additional content you do, the more rewards you get, and I stated before, SG functions on the same principle as the premium currency in gacha games.

Is JP free to play?

JP has been f2p since its release, so for 8 years and it is still going strong, thanks to fair and proper monetization.

I think and have read more about the SG not being tradable more of an issue and other factors as a distraction and misdirection.

SG scratch is not tradable on JP. Again, SG functions in the same manner as Gacha games, where trading isn't a thing either. Making SG items tradable would not solve the side content issue and SG is also used for material storage which is an important QoL upgrade. So additional SG sources, the same as JP, is the way to go on this.

Again, we are just asking to be treated as equal costumers to JP. We have to be loud and vocal, too many times in the past have we seen games in the series fail with their western releases because of mismanagement while the JP version thrived due to proper management.

Because we want a fair monetization system. That's all that is being compared here.

Can you explain the concept behind the cosmetics that have obtainable SG attached to them? Can you explain the SG tickets you obtain in the game just for actively playing? This is why I don’t understand the argument in the thread topic. How I read the thread topic is that OP wants to penalize those who saved and switched out, outfits to obtain SG for this very purpose. Outfit and cosmetics items others cannot capitalize on. It feels like an agenda thread to me personally.

Nothing about the first post suggests anything about punishing people who "farm" AC items for star gems. It's pretty proven that that alone is not enough to keep up with everything else in the game that you can possibly spend SG on.

So basically you are upset they want you to spend more money? Then your personal solution is to not spend more money. Your personal Problem fixed I believe! But what I am witnessing on the forums is those trying to bandwagon the community for change in the system for their own benefit and personal agendas. I personally don’t agree with a system that if you shout loudly enough and bandwagon enough people to your personal dissatisfaction and agenda baiting tactics that creates and snowball effect that the company can’t sustain, causing the game to shut down. That doesn’t work for me in the grand scheme of things. Plus, we have not given them enough time to institute (Other added) cost saving tactics after the initial update.

That's not a solution and you're being quite disingenuous here. JP has thrived for 8 years despite giving players more ways to obtain SG's without having to spend money. JP only got to the way it was because players complained. So your argument really doesn't make any sense.