SG Tickets are now official. Thoughts?

bleh, i had this long response typed out, and just kind of realized what's the point? (though this is still semi-long, I almost had a novel the first time).

The business model they are currently running is bad, and not goof for longevity (which also means less money being made). If they made things a bit more affordable for the common people (ya know, the vast majority that aren't making 50k+ a year with nothing to spend it on), they would actually make more money because more could afford to spend a bit here and there. I'm fairly decent at math and doing solid estimates. I'd say if the SG tickets were about half the price they are now, they'd probably be making at least 20% more than they are currently from the sales of SG (rough estimate since don't have exact numbers of players and what current sales are like, but I would be willing to bet I'm not far off the mark). Which in turn would also make the player-base a bit happier and more willing to stick around and spend that money.

Currently, the cost is only saying, we just want as much money as possible as fast as possible... that really turns off most gamers quickly. Seen it many times over 20 years of playing MMO's (I'm old, whatever). Personally had high hopes for this game, been waiting forever (since I didn't want to play on JP as I have the Japanese skills of a 3 year old). I'm one that will stick around until there's not enough of a player-base to keep me interested... but I'm seeing a lot of people already leaving due to the horrible launch issues, and now the current cash grab. It's definitely disappointing. Just because 1 or 2 of us can afford to splurge and get what we want... doesn't mean there's not about 50 others that cannot even afford to get 1 item they would like.

I think we have to remember that Sega of Japan are the ones to be making the decisions here. Although not sure if Microsoft approves of the way SG is being handled right now.

@Ranmaru Honestly I don't know who is pulling the strings and I have a feeling we ain't exactly in the knowhow on which side is pulling the decisions if they are pulled by one side and not both.

I would not be surprised if they were both in on this and just want as much money as possible before abandoning the NA release like before.

They do have a track record to show how often they like to abandon other regions.

If they did abandon it, I would at least not feel regret as I have given NA a full try. Yet I hope it keeps on going regardless. We shall see. I'm in it for the whole year. Let's see how future content goes.

@Novaline said in SG Tickets are now official. Thoughts?:

Fun Fact:

Xion Long Hair and the other one, and the bodypaints from Xion, and her glasses were all FREE from badges back on JP some years ago. Have fun rolling 80SG on the scratch for them.

I'm uninstalling and chargingback what I've spent on NA. This is the final nail in the coffin for me.

I mean this with no ill intent or malice... but that is pathetic. It’s a fucking FREE TO PLAY game with COSMETIC MICRO TRANSACTIONS! DONT BUY THEM!

Self entitled brats I swear. Maybe I’m just 33 old and bitter at this rate but ffs, so much complaining about the stupidest things. Vote with your damn wallets.

Literally can get alts and get 120 Sg a day, a ticket a day.. a month and you’ll have any item you want doing this but just still gotta be something to nag about.

Enjoy crying, should be enough tears here to float over into the next complaint and merge it like a sticky topic.

@DHG-MumfordsSon said in SG Tickets are now official. Thoughts?:

@Novaline said in SG Tickets are now official. Thoughts?:

Fun Fact:

Xion Long Hair and the other one, and the bodypaints from Xion, and her glasses were all FREE from badges back on JP some years ago. Have fun rolling 80SG on the scratch for them.

I'm uninstalling and chargingback what I've spent on NA. This is the final nail in the coffin for me.

I mean this with no ill intent or malice... but that is pathetic. It’s a fucking FREE TO PLAY game with COSMETIC MICRO TRANSACTIONS! DONT BUY THEM!

Self entitled brats I swear. Maybe I’m just 33 old and bitter at this rate but ffs, so much complaining about the stupidest things. Vote with your damn wallets.

Literally can get alts and get 120 Sg a day, a ticket a day.. a month and you’ll have any item you want doing this but just still gotta be something to nag about.

Enjoy crying, should be enough tears here to float over into the next complaint and merge it like a sticky topic.

Explain how you can get 120 SG a day, EVERY DAY.

And explain how pricing something at 4 Bucks a SINGLE PULL is good.

Vote with your money attitude doesn't work here.

The 120 a day excuse is pretty annoying at this point. Because the SG system is so fkd over here, outfits with SG still available are over 300k a piece now. How many people are going to be able to shell out almost 4m a day for that?

Obvious answer is not many. To that point that it doesn't warrant even mentioning that "method"

and how are they going to get 120 sg a day? oh ya... spending a minimum of 100k on an outfit to wear for a day on each character. While coin isn't overly hard to get in this game, that's still a good chunk to be spending daily, meaning you really have to dedicate some time to farming that much each day. not everyone has that much time to play, in fact, most people don't (I'm an exception to that, and I'm a bit older than you, so the 33 year old bitter comment doesn't apply). I know plenty of people that are lucky if they get more than an hour to play in a day because they have jobs and kids, maybe on the weekends they'll get a whole 3 hours. Not enough time to be farming that much, and when the tickets are 80 SG each with some really bad odds, it's severely disappointing to most players. I personally blew a fairly solid chunk because I could and really wanted some stuff... however, about 50% of what I got is useless garbage. Probably more as I'm not done going through it all... so they have every right to complain about how ridiculously expensive it is for some cosmetics that actually look pretty cool, but have crap odds of getting anything that you would like.

So, yeah, all of the outfits and outwear I can find on the Personal Shops that still have SG are now at 500k. I'm willing to bet that's going to be going up as time goes on.

There's no AC Scratch this week to add more to the market and this Scratch is going to be the primary attention for most of the whales for the time being.

This feels really predatory. I might be tempted to buy SG to get the Apprentice outfit and Visor I want, but this is giving me the impression that they want to quickly make as much money as possible before dropping the game entirely.

I wouldn't want to spend a ton of money just to have the servers shut down in the coming months. So,yeah, I'm done give them my money.

I tried to defend buying Premium, but I don't think it's worth it to me anymore.

It's been fun Sega, but I'm done.

I agree with voting with your wallets, but I also think we should vote with our voices as well. Also, talking about this helps others vote with their wallets as well. You really shouldn't be getting irritated about people talking about this, especially since you seem to also vote with your wallet, and don't support buying SG. I have already made clear that I will certainly not be getting SG tickets, and that I will be using fresh finds less. (Not sure if I have ever used SG for anything except the afro and mat storage)

The JP version is also a free to play game with cosmetic microtransactions, and yet the microtransactions there are less predatory than the ones here.

@DHG-MumfordsSon Yeah, for sure dude, you do seem bitter and just straight up unable to comprehend others. Literally no one voicing their opinion in this opinion thread said they demanded free items. No one.

Every other comment here is saying that the price point for the items in a game they already seem to financially support is unreasonable in comparison to the JP version- especially the way that everything is being implemented. I'd be willing to bet it would be less of an issue to most people if they didn't combine several scratches, add absolute trash to the pulls, decrease the acquisition time,and/or refuse to implement the other ways to make sg. They could have easily rolled these items into our verison's trash finds shop and gotten less grief than what they are doing now.

@Saiyer Not spending any money till they fix the issue of them wanting to make the cosmetic side of the game cost a small fortune. No thanks, I can enjoy the game completely free. Unlike how I would be if they decided to reign in their greed.

Shrug It's cosmetic stuff, so it doesn't bother me in the slightest.

So long as they don't start locking actual power behind the SG Tickets (and I mean things like otherwise unobtainable weapons or units that far outclass anything available in game, not a +15 Nemesis Weapon that I can get simply by playing the game or buying from the market), I really don't have much of a care.

I get that it's upsetting to people where fashion is their end-game, but it is what it is. The game's free to play, and Sega needs to make money off of it somehow beyond Premium Passes.

@Blade-Syphon Making money is fine, gouging the market for a quick buck isn't. Try to pay attention to what is going on rather than coming into a thread and leaving an opinion that is so small brained I wonder if you really have one. Don't @ me, idgaf about your lack of care for this actual issue in the game.