Could PSO 2 stop deciding to suddenly stop launching every few weeks?

Cuz I'm getting super sick and tired of digging through my files to "manually uninstall" and re-installing it just to get it working again.

Install it through the Tweaker. Follow the instructions for a full install from the Tweaker. Don't even get the base 11 GB from the MS Store/Xbox App. You do it all 100% through the Tweaker.

This prevents the install from being flushed whenever you update Windows, among other things.

@Dri4974 said in Could PSO 2 stop deciding to suddenly stop launching every few weeks?:

Install it through the Tweaker. Follow the instructions for a full install from the Tweaker. Don't even get the base 11 GB from the MS Store/Xbox App. You do it all 100% through the Tweaker.

This prevents the install from being flushed whenever you update Windows, among other things.

The tweaker doesn't help.

Then that would mean you didn't do a full install and follow the instructions. There's a Powershell script you have to run once all the files are downloaded.

Either way, unless you go the full Tweaker route, there is no fix at the moment. Shit's just fucked.

@Dri4974 said in Could PSO 2 stop deciding to suddenly stop launching every few weeks?:

Then that would mean you didn't do a full install and follow the instructions. There's a Powershell script you have to run once all the files are downloaded.

Either way, unless you go the full Tweaker route, there is no fix at the moment. Shit's just fucked.

You're aware this is the english version and not the japanese, right?

@Ninja53595 said in Could PSO 2 stop deciding to suddenly stop launching every few weeks?:

Did you not know they made an English version of the Tweaker???

They made it day-1 because the MS Store/Xbox install is fucked and keeps flushing itself (as you are experiencing) and also has permission issues.

@Ninja53595 said in Could PSO 2 stop deciding to suddenly stop launching every few weeks?:

Did you not know they made an English version of the Tweaker???

They made it day-1 because the MS Store/Xbox install is fucked and keeps flushing itself (as you are experiencing) and also has permission issues.

Yeah now, when I looked it up.

and it requires Developer Mode. Getting around Microsoft not knowing wtf they're doing isn't worth my PC's security.

@Ninja53595 You can turn off Dev Mode after the install is complete. Dev Mode is required so that the Tweaker can force the MS Store/Xbox App to recognize you have the game installed and log in using your Xbox account. Once it's installed and you run the Powershell script, you no longer need Dev Mode.

Beware of MS Store Automatic Updates Too. I just realized "Gaming Services" was updated yet again today after I signed out. I can almost guarantee the game will not run if I attempt to launch it....the little white bar of death is below the start tile...Not in the mood to go through this again (I did this 2 days ago)

Can Ya'll Fix this please? GM's can see all these posts, Developers talk to GM's and Microsoft...Let's go people!

P.S. I am afraid to open the game at this point...

@WoahOwnsYou said in Could PSO 2 stop deciding to suddenly stop launching every few weeks?:

Beware of MS Store Automatic Updates Too. I just realized "Gaming Services" was updated yet again today after I signed out. I can almost guarantee the game will not run if I attempt to launch it....the little white bar of death is below the start tile...Not in the mood to go through this again (I did this 2 days ago)

Can Ya'll Fix this please? GM's can see all these posts, Developers talk to GM's and Microsoft...Let's go people!

P.S. I am afraid to open the game at this point...

Like I said in this thread already, until there's a fix, and don't expect one anytime soon, just use the Tweaker to install the game. It's ultimately way cleaner and easier.