Can you transfer 100% transfers multiple times?

Can I say for example out flict tyro with a gix on the base weapon and transfer it to the next weapon at 100%?

I am not understanding the thread topic? I am new to the game so what is happening, what being told to us?

@DHG-MumfordsSon Not necessarily. Various factors can determine the transfer rate. If you initially add the augment via Special Augment Factor (SAF) at 100%, it will no longer count as a 100% SAF if it did not come from the Weapon you added it to, and will instead be subject to the normal rates and transfer/synthesis conditions of that particular augment.

For example, let's say that I am going to add the Fornis' SAF, Phrase Weak, to my Gix Rod; assuming that I am not upslotting, the transfer rate for Phrase Weak to the Gix will be at 100% using the Fornis as fodder, but then I get a Nemesis Rod that I want to use instead. If I go to use my Gix as fodder, I won't be able to transfer Phrase Weak at all because it is not the Gix's SAF, and Phrase Weak cannot be transferred without a Phrase Receptor.

If the base transfer rate of the augment is 100% (ie. not SAF, not from an Add Augment device, only needing one copy of the augment), then there is no issue transferring it from Weapon to Weapon (barring the transfer rate penalties of upslotting).

I failed my weapon. I mean I didn’t fail it, I should have. I didn’t feel like combining anything so I ended up with 70% transfer rate on modulator 3.. 80% on precision V and some 90% but somehow none of them failed.

@AndrlCh said in Can you transfer 100% transfers multiple times?:

@DHG-MumfordsSon Not necessarily. Various factors can determine the transfer rate. If you initially add the augment via Special Augment Factor (SAF) at 100%, it will no longer count as a 100% SAF if it did not come from the Weapon you added it to, and will instead be subject to the normal rates and transfer/synthesis conditions of that particular augment.

For example, let's say that I am going to add the Fornis' SAF, Phrase Weak, to my Gix Rod; assuming that I am not upslotting, the transfer rate for Phrase Weak to the Gix will be at 100% using the Fornis as fodder, but then I get a Nemesis Rod that I want to use instead. If I go to use my Gix as fodder, I won't be able to transfer Phrase Weak at all because it is not the Gix's SAF, and Phrase Weak cannot be transferred without a Phrase Receptor.

If the base transfer rate of the augment is 100% (ie. not SAF, not from an Add Augment device, only needing one copy of the augment), then there is no issue transferring it from Weapon to Weapon (barring the transfer rate penalties of upslotting).

So if I for example added phrase week to my nemesis rod, and then I want to add more affixes to said nemesis rod, will the 100% always be an available transfer option until I get it finished as long as it stays on the same weapon?

@DHG-MumfordsSon No. Unless you are using a new Fornis as fodder, Phrase Weak is gone as soon as you go to re-augment because it is not the Nemesis' SAF.

The normal "best practices" for dealing with SAF augments is to first upslot your base Weapon and any Weapons with the SAFs you want to the number of augment slots you want your finished product to be using cheap 100% fodder (like Might I, Precision I, etc.), then re-augment the base Weapon with your SAF fodder.