August needs to get here. Dying over here.

@Ilúvatar Oh, right, I forgot that came out during Ep3, but it's possible that one could be added in an off-week day? For example, Mining Base 4 on the 22nd and Elder + Luther on the 29th?

I find it likely that Ep4 will come out in the 1st or 2nd weeks of August, unless Ep5 gets delayed to Q4 or some of Ep4's urgents get moved into Ep5.

There's pretty much 7 urgents that may come out during Ep4, which are 3 new bosses, 1 mining base, summer seasonal, and 2 enhanced bosses (enhanced Profound Darkness and enhanced Yamato, unless they release the enhanced version of Yamato right from the start, but since they released the original version of PD now, I think they'll start Ep4 with the original version of Yamato as well...)

Even with Ep4 in the first week of August, 7 urgents would mean one new urgent almost every week for it to be possible to release Ep5 by the end of September (end of Q3).

I've been filling time hanging out with my Alliance and being social. Our alliance leader has been trying to set up regular event nights with prizes and stuff, so that's been really fun.

@Ezodagrom said in August needs to get here. Dying over here.:

@Kuon They're nearly out of Episode 3 content to release, only one major urgent quest left, Mining Base 4 (and also one urgent quest that was skipped, Mining Base 2, but I doubt they would release that at this point, no reason to release it).

Yeah I'm thinking the 22nd which ends the USA event and the known PD UQ will start Mining Base 4 for that fortnight and the maintenance after that would start Episode 4. That'll see it land on the 5th which is as early as you can really get.

Also don't forget that Episode 5 is still scheduled for Q3 (maybe late September?), they need enough time to release all of Ep4's content before then, so, I think Ep4 is coming in early August.

Yeah... for the calendar year Q3 is July through September. Depending on how many UQs Episode 4 needs we could see Episode 5 one (19th Aug), two (2nd Sep), three (16th Sep) or four (30th Sep) cycles later. I kind of hope it's not four because I can imagine people complaining about it being released at the last minute when it could have been planned that way.

@Shirokami07 said in August needs to get here. Dying over here.:

I wonder if TD4 will have anything worth running it for unlike PD.

I've been researching various weapon types' compendiums lately and it seems like most have multiple weapons that only ever drop in Mining Base missions so it's always worth running them if you need the 2.5% boost titles.

For instance Bouncer has Ciel Riciel (11* SB), Ronda Krus (11* JB) and Fel Krus (12* JB), potentially uniquely making Mining Base mandatory for them as they only have 27 7-12* weapons in the whole game (compared to say 31 for Braver) and the last title for two-weapon classes needs 25. Hopefully Episode 4 either adds more weapons in that range or adds more permanent acquisitions for these.

That we're probably never getting Mining Base 2 kind of sucks if different Mining Base only weapons have different rates in the four missions, as it might make certain weapons much more rare than they should be.

@Ilúvatar said in August needs to get here. Dying over here.:

There's also the EQ that combines Elder and Loser; I could see that coming before ep4.

If so and if that lasts a full two-week cycle (as a reminder PC only had Elder and Luther scheduled for one week each), Episode 4 would probably land on the 19th and last for probably three cycles before Episode 5 in late September.

As an aside thanks to the PC Elder and Luther deficiency (especially before we'd fully levelled) it would be nice if this apparent new combination UQ dropped the Astracites for both as we're still really lacking those!

@Ilúvatar Oh, right, I forgot that came out during Ep3, but it's possible that one could be added in an off-week day? For example, Mining Base 4 on the 22nd and Elder + Luther on the 29th?

That... would make solving the PC Astracite deficiency take a little while longer, if they drop them. As long as they do, I hope we get two weeks of it.

There's pretty much 7 urgents that may come out during Ep4, which are 3 new bosses, 1 mining base, summer seasonal, and 2 enhanced bosses (enhanced Profound Darkness and enhanced Yamato, unless they release the enhanced version of Yamato right from the start, but since they released the original version of PD now, I think they'll start Ep4 with the original version of Yamato as well...)

Given the whole SH version mess, I wonder if the releasing of old versions of bosses is entirely intentional. If this Yamato is a new Episode 4 boss and included in your 3 new count, I figure the enhancing could happen without a dedicated schedule inclusion. If so excluding those would reduce it to 5.

Summer seasonal... if that's part of a more distinct event like Wedding+Wind&Rain or US+VR, that may be a four-week thing we get starting from the 22nd which would mean it'd partially miss Episode 4 anyway and run concurrent to story UQs so we could leave that out and reduce our number to 4.

Between three story boss UQs and... Mining Base 5...? (Is that Mining Base VR?) we would have 4 UQs to fit into 3 fortnight cycles which still means condensing 2 of them or having some overlap, most likely between that Mining Base and a story boss. Perhaps that could happen after a prospective summer seasonal event, perhaps even between events. As a PC player it would be nice to see what the lobby looks and sounds like without any events, which we still have yet to experience!

I’m hoping it’s the first week of August because.. well I took a vacation week from work from that very hope. Since all of my September events are canceled I had to find an option B.

@Miraglyth said in August needs to get here. Dying over here.:

Given the whole SH version mess, I wonder if the releasing of old versions of bosses is entirely intentional. If this Yamato is a new Episode 4 boss and included in your 3 new count, I figure the enhancing could happen without a dedicated schedule inclusion. If so excluding those would reduce it to 5.

Yeah, Yamato is the very first Ep4 boss and is included in the 3 new boss urgents. On JP it got an enhanced version at the end of Ep4.

Summer seasonal... if that's part of a more distinct event like Wedding+Wind&Rain or US+VR, that may be a four-week thing we get starting from the 22nd which would mean it'd partially miss Episode 4 anyway and run concurrent to story UQs so we could leave that out and reduce our number to 4.

Yep, summer seasonal is like wind & rain, with its own lobby, Xia client orders and urgent quest. Usually it happens during August, and since on JP the enhanced Profound Darkness was released right after Yamato, I could see both enhanced PD and summer urgents releasing together.

Between three story boss UQs and... Mining Base 5...? (Is that Mining Base VR?) we would have 4 UQs to fit into 3 fortnight cycles which still means condensing 2 of them or having some overlap, most likely between that Mining Base and a story boss. Perhaps that could happen after a prospective summer seasonal event, perhaps even between events. As a PC player it would be nice to see what the lobby looks and sounds like without any events, which we still have yet to experience!

And yeah, the 5th Mining Base is Mining Base VR, on JP it's the only Mining Base quest to have gotten Ultra Hard difficulty so far, so I don't think that one will be skipped. It was released after the 2nd major ep4 boss.

Even with Episode 4 release, there is not really much to look forward to within episode 4 aside from experiencing certain things for the first time and getting that extra story SG.

We will be able to start crafting but will have absolutely no materials for it. Nemesis-NT and Slave-NT outclass everything in episode 4 and they probably won't do enhanced PD until they want us to have the same drop table, which surely wouldn't be introducing 15* in episode 4. (Really hope they do this because we have no weapons to pursue, but also hope they don't do this because the game is way way way way too easy).

I think to get the most out of episode 4 I will need to temporarily main a different class. No reason to swap out Nem/Slave gear for my Ranger for anything that would come before episode 5. I might start buying up the super cheap 13*s so I can get plenty of the crafting mats or something.

Either way, Fall seems like a good thing to look forward to. Until then it will be difficult maintaining a decent player population. (Super super super dead right now, much more so than it ever was as Xbox exclusive.)

Yeah, Yamato is the very first Ep4 boss and is included in the 3 new boss urgents. On JP it got an enhanced version at the end of Ep4.

And yeah, the 5th Mining Base is Mining Base VR, on JP it's the only Mining Base quest to have gotten Ultra Hard difficulty so far, so I don't think that one will be skipped. It was released after the 2nd major ep4 boss.

Alright, those are both good pieces of information. And thanks for keeping it spoiler free 😄

Considering my failure to get certain bafflingly rare Mining Base only weapons so far, I'm somewhat hopeful for the VR version.

I'm casually doing my dailies/weeklies with a mix of Urgent Quests, Extreme Quests, and Ultimate Quests. I also play older Phantasy Star games as well in the meantime.

I wonder if they’ll ever give us mining base 2. I know it’s not great but more variety isn’t a bad thing is it?

@Miraglyth said in August needs to get here. Dying over here.:

Alright, those are both good pieces of information. And thanks for keeping it spoiler free 😄

Considering my failure to get certain bafflingly rare Mining Base only weapons so far, I'm somewhat hopeful for the VR version.

If I'm not mistaken, all the Mining Base only weapons can drop on Mining Base VR (including the Mining Base 2 ones).

If I'm not mistaken, all the Mining Base only weapons can drop on Mining Base VR (including the Mining Base 2 ones).

Excellent! That's what I wanted to hear. Thanks very much. 👍