no exp o death if misson is complte

why is there no even a portin of the exp give at death cuz i wasted 2hrs on a few differtr ugret quests n died at the end agaimst the boss n died didnt gget any exp from it at all when the boss died was alive most of the a fight

Why you dying, go easier difficulty.

Or use defensive units, the free weapon barrier 7 star sub unit is high HP boost. +10 and use it if you have problem staying alive. Dead people do 0 damage, don't worry about boosting damage if you have trouble staying alive.

Get as many as you want, FREE https://www.reddit.com/r/PSO2/comments/fsejr8/weapon_barrier_unit/

@HarmlessSyan said in no exp o death if misson is complte:

Why you dying, go easier difficulty.

The trouble is someone who eats the floor 6 times during a UQ final boss but happens to be revived moments before it dies gets full EXP, while the last person to revive them who gets killed while using the Moon Atomizer gets nothing even if they had both survived the fight up to that point and had contributed way more than the frequently KO'd person.

Having EXP scale to how much of the fight you're conscious would be way more fair than 100% for being revived moments before the end and 0% for being revived moments later.

The point is to not die at all.

I wonder if they are going to keep the death count failure for 4man Deus Esca and Black Dragon. I know they removed the death count for these UQs when UH (UltraHard) version came out.

5 death for the party on Deus Esca, or 3 death on Black Dragon = instant fail for the group

Edit: and for the later solo trigger quests and extremes (some are needed for expert matching), 1 death = game over, scapedolls not allowed. People need to prioritize survival and not rely on revival.

@Miraglyth said in no exp o death if misson is complte:

Having EXP scale to how much of the fight you're conscious would be way more fair than 100% for being revived moments before the end and 0% for being revived moments later.

I could imagine that's going to cause a lot of backlash from people who die a lot, people who do a ton of DPS but still died a couple of times (these people would easily have the best reason to complain too) or from egomaniacs who think they contributed more than they actually did which are far too common in MMOs from what I've heard. I don't usually use damage chart addons myself so I really wouldn't know.

Besides, there's already a penalty for dying at the end of the quest: You get a lower rank with lower end of quest rewards. Do we really need to punish further?

Having EXP scale with contribution will just drive more people to not do UQs, and simply do more raw grinding in expeditions/etc. Solo.

Final Fantasy XIV has a minimum contribution floor that guarantees a certain amount of EXP depending on how much damage is dealt to a standard enemy along with enemy to player level difference. However, if someone tags the enemy with an auto attack or attacks it first in any way, that player gets full/maximum contribution of EXP. This is to prevent griefing of EXP gains where high level players destroy low level enemies even though low level players attacked them first. I believe a couple of Aeria Games' MMORPGs don't have this failsafe, so some high level players will just run around killing enemies low level players are killing, and those low level players won't get any EXP.

When it comes to HUNTS in FFXIV however, enemy aggro is one of the factors that determines contribution.

@HarmlessSyan So if I see people are dead and the boss is almost dead, I should not risk reviving them because it may get me killed.

To be fair, not getting exp when you're dead is a mild penalty. Compared to other games where you drop your items, drop your money, don't get loot, on top of not getting exp. I you died, maybe you should think about exactly where you went wrong, and fix it, so you don't die to that same thing the next time around and lose exp. Also there is way more efficient ways of earning exp, rather than spamming the random or scheduled UQ. I would suggest looking into those. Hell once episode 4 gets here you're gonna have an even easier time getting that exp with bonus quests.

@LashettePSO2 said in no exp o death if misson is complte:

To be fair, not getting exp when you're dead is a mild penalty

Super Hard and Extremely Hard can add up to over 200k EXP in one attempt, depending. If the enemy in particular is a rare variant as an example, its EXP is doubled. If it's berserk on top of that (IE: red/corrupted core) it's increased further.

and did you read what I said after that?

@LashettePSO2 said in no exp o death if misson is complte:

and did you read what I said after that?

I wish I could have gotten more bonus quest tickets in the JP version over the month I played a few months back because I wanted to get into the game again before PC's launch. I only ended up getting three silver tickets and four golds. Two of the golds were the rappy one, which didn't give much in rewards in comparison to the tokyo one. The tokyo one almost killed me once too because I didn't have good gear, even though the enemies are set to have low HP to be easily killed. (But the damage they deal is still high.)

Still ended up only giving me about 150k EXP at most for the two tokyo golds each. At one point, I got a weird EXP text that said "BOSS exp" as the EXP value. Bonus ticket quests aren't affected by Item Drop Rate boosts. (Also know this from experience, with a total Rare Drop Rate Bonus of 300+ over varying degrees of boosts.)

@Archetype-Luna If they aren't a friend or alliance member and it would put myself at risk, then I'm going to prioritize myself. Save a scape doll or something for these cases, should not rely on other's revives.

However, most bosses have very predictable patterns and if I can get myself to safety I would use moon, especially a lot of the UQ bosses die when they are staggered. But good luck in EP5, can't moon when you Dark Blast.

@HarmlessSyan said in no exp o death if misson is complte:

However, most bosses have very predictable patterns and if I can get myself to safety I would use moon, especially a lot of the UQ bosses die when they are staggered. But good luck in EP5, can't moon when you Dark Blast.

I always tell people to think like Monster Hunter when it comes to bosses in PSO2. Because it's usually very similar.

I'll be that guy, but I feel the current system is ok. Not getting exp makes for a good deterrent for failing at avoiding damage. I personally die a lot and have lost already millions of exp this way. But I don't get angry at the game for it, because 99% of the time it was my mistake in either doing the content, or in entering the content unprepared in the first place.

And yes, reviving someone when that falz arm is about to drop on your head is a bad idea...